PDA

View Full Version : did the giants win a superbowl for all fans not patriot fans?

trapezeus
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
everyone i know who roots for anyone but the giants really feels like their team won it all. Has there ever been a superbowl winner like that before?

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
I won't be happy with anyone winning the Super Bowl unless it's us.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
gr8 = gloomy gus :dance:

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
gr8 = gloomy gus :dance:
I = really pissed off Bills fan that's tired of losing :ill:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I = really pissed off Bills fan that's tired of losing :ill:

I hear ya!

trapezeus
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
i hear your sentiment gr8slyer, but have you noticed how much every fan of every team loves that the giants won? i can't remember anything like this. hence the poll.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
i hear your sentiment gr8slyer, but have you noticed how much every fan of every team loves that the giants won? i can't remember anything like this. hence the poll.
Everybody hates number one, the Pats have been number one for the better part of the current decade. It's human nature.

Good poll though :bf1:

imbondz
02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
they won it for all the underdogs for sure. I more wanted the Patriots to lose than the Giants to win.

Antoni
02-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Yeah, this was probably the most polarizing Super Bowl ever.

Even fans of teams outside of the AFC East who didn't hate the Patriots before, sure as hell hated them this year after the way they conducted themselves all season long.

Osi of the NYG apparently was congratulated by all of the other Pro Bowlers who were also cheering for the Giants.

You don't have to work for the CIA to figure out that when Goodell destroys evidence after a sitdown with Kraft that there is something fishy going on. Considering they won 3 Superbowls by 3 points, it makes you wonder. Then they go and run up the score on everyone they possibly could.

My favorite was Brady's Marino impression when he did the fake spike when up by 5 touchdowns. I mean, seriously.

This is all with the most arrogant an annoying fanbase(The Boston fanbase) talking **** fans of opposing teams when you know full well that 99% of them became fans in 2001.

The ending couldnt be perfect and it couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase.

mybills
02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
The sweetest part for me was that they won on a touch down pass, not a field goal. I can't stand S.B.'s that end on a field goal, and NE did that 3 times. :down: This whole game was bitter sweet for all non Pats fans. Another sweet touch (I didn't hear mentioned) was that Jordan Sparks, singing the Star Spangled Banner, is the daughter of an ex-Giants player. She did a good job, she represented! :up:

BADTHINGSMAN
02-06-2008, 08:45 AM
The media built up the patriots so much that even the so called "humbled" Patriots believed the hype..

Meathead
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
wheres the duh option

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2008, 09:36 AM
No.

The only team that can win Super Bowls for me is the Bills.

Maybe GB, because of the respect I have for the franchise or a team playing the rotten, spoiled, stinking, putrid fish. But really, only the Bills make me truely happy.

Meathead
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
oh i dont know

that was as close to a bills sb victory as i have ever felt. like a dream come true

not quite as good but pretty close

BillsPride12
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Yes, largely because of my hatred for the Patriots but also although I'm not hoping on the Giants bandwagon or anything but as far as the actual players on that team I was really starting to gain a rooting interest in them. That is exactly the type of team I want the Bills to be like someday. I've never seen a team that deserved a championship as much as they did, they overcame every possible obstacle you can think of(winning all of their games on the road, beating the top 2 teams in the NFC conference and beating the Packers at Lambeau in -20 degree weather and then taking on the Immortal 18-0 Patriots that were supposed to run them right out of Arizona, never once at any point did they look like a team that wasn't 100% confident in themselves no matter what the media or analysts said. After a year of hearing about the Patriots lovefest and see a team running up the score and going for it on 4th down all season, along came a team that was the exat opposite of the Pats, the Giants brought back old school, hit em in the mouth football and I loved it. I am a huge Bills fan but I'm also a huge sports fan and once in awhile you have to step away from that Oh I can only be happy in sports if it had something to do with my team mentality and just appreciate the accomplishment of those Giants. The game reminded me of the Tyson-Buster Douglas fight.