PDA

View Full Version : Malcom Kelly on Sirius coming up this morning...

jpdex12
02-06-2008, 06:43 AM
If any of you Zoner Sirius radio listeners can do a fan a favor and listen up and give us the low down?

I'd like to hear what he says but I had to go in to work...sucks!

methos4ever
02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
He's coming on after this commercial break. Will put up what he says.

methos4ever
02-06-2008, 07:45 AM
He's making a difference by working with Mercy Ships, a global charity.

Congratulated by Randy Cross for joining up with a charity like this so early in his career.

It's a floating ship that provides surgeries to native people that cannot afford it. Also does infrastructure (water, etc) and the ship's inhabitants pay their own way to help out along the african coast.

A team-mate's family member brought his attention to the program, which is based out of Texas.

He wanted to help a charity out, since he said he would do that when he made it - and this charity needed help immediately.

God has put him in a position to help - hopefully help "since I'm not drafted yet" - people and remember where he came from.

On experience at OU:
-Misses guys on the team
-Learned a pro style so it should help in the NFL
-Mat Drills: "wake up 5am - be there at 5:15. 7 Coaches with drills that last for about 5 min. Then you gotta run about 3 or 4 200s around the football drills"
Would do this 2 weeks at the end of the winter workouts, but now Stoops is doing it from the beginning.

On Superbowl and Draft and his excitement to be in the NFL, especially (Bob Papa) since so many rookies contributed to Giants win:
-Not a guarantee you'll go period.
-Just want to make sure you do what you can as far as training and getting your stock up
-Talked about Steve Smith and Playing against Aaron Ross helped him realize he could play in NFL.
-Decision to declare early wasn't hard after talking to ex-Ok players and projections. Didn't wanted to risk injury and draft status was as its height.
-Train train train train with CES in ATL (Chip Smith).

Wished best of luck with regards to Mercy Ship and his run up to the NFL Draft.

Bob P and Randy now talk about the NFL teams that listened to that interview and how this sort of thing could just add to his stock pre-interview. "A lot of ears picked up" at this interview and the CHARACTER (when I heard that word I had to cap it...sorry guys!) this kid is showing before he even suits up.

Now talking about how the Colts draft, based on film study of a player and the things they hear in the interviews and not so much the combine. Says that Kelly runs a 4.4 and is a huge plus that he is doing stuff like this off the field. Mentioned the fact that he had a freshman quarterback. Now talking about Doucet, Hardy, Sweed, Jackson. Lot of receivers and a lot of teams that need receivers.

Randy Cross is a fan, and also a fan of Manningham. Says that he makes teams "worry free" with regards to him (Kelly) doing off the field stuff that could hurt you.

colin
02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
good report.

we will go for a big time wr, de, dt, or olb with our first pick*

* because if we sign guys in FA and they have a top rated corner they'll nab him.

if we get a super star wr at 11 i'll take that, i know for a fact that
olb
dt/de
corner
te
wr

will all be addressed this offseason in the draft and/or FA. i'm starting to feel good that we have lots of ways to fill these spots, although i was all about FA for WR and DT before.

Philagape
02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm hopping on :bandwagon:

TigerJ
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
If Kelly runs a 4.4 at 6'4" the Bills will be lucky if he drops to 11. Forget about worrying if he might be a reach at #11.

jpdex12
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
great report...thanks man!

Come on March 1st.

clumping platelets
02-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Why not have another "Kelly" on the team? :D

:bighug: