PDA

View Full Version : Beware of poser NY Giants fans!!!

blackonyx89
02-06-2008, 09:45 AM
This all started when the Patriots started winning Super Bowls and there are alot of people I know all of a sudden became Patriot fans! I ask them are they really fans or you're hopping on the bandwagon. I also ask them do you remember Steve Grogan,Fryar and a number of other former Pats and if they say no, they are NOT true Pats fans! If you don't know the history of the Pats, don't become a fan!!!

This applies to the Giants. I saw some bootleg guy selling NY Giants Jackets and I'm like, oh no! here come the poser NY Giants fans who hopping on the bandwagon because they're wearing the jackets. There might be some true Giants fans out there living in Buffalo and WNY,but don't hop on the bandwagon just because they won.

Luisito23
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I wonder how many bootleg fans in the 90's???......

blackonyx89
02-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I wonder how many bootleg fans in the 90's???......

That's exactly what I'm talking about!!!

lordofgun
02-06-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm a poser NYG fan for at least the next few weeks!

blackonyx89
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm a poser NYG fan for at least the next few weeks!

Nah,you're a semi-poser. It's a phase,you'll get over it. LOL!

:respect:

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
That's just people. Cowboy fans came out of the woodwork this year after not being seen for what seems like years.

venis2k1
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I used to see a whole mess more Bills jerseys around town too. It comes with winning. If i have to listen to one more 45 year old lady thats never watched a complete game in her life tell me why tom brady is the best QB ever to step on the feild, ill kill myself.

imbondz
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
i have no problem pretending to be a Giants fan around Patriot fans

G Wolly
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I've been a Giants fan since the won the NFC game until the Super Bowl ended.

I'm over it now.

Wally The Barber
02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
For economic reasons, it is best to hop on the`wagon after they win the Superbowl.

Why buy a $200 coat before they win? lol

im4bflo
02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm a BILLS fan who is THANKING the GIANTS for stopping the Patriot madness!
Congratulations New Jersey Giants! :up:
And I live in 'bandwagon country' CA.
The LA area fans, can't keep a team here, so they just hop from wagon to wagon.
It's sickening :puke:

DynaPaul
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm a BILLS fan who is THANKING the GIANTS for stopping the Patriot madness!
Congratulations New Jersey Giants! :up:
And I live in 'bandwagon country' CA.
The LA area fans, can't keep a team here, so they just hop from wagon to wagon.
It's sickening :puke:

Hell, the way crazy Ralph's been talking lately we might not even have a team in Buffalo and would have to jump over to being Giants fans or some other team.

im4bflo
02-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Hell, the way crazy Ralph's been talking lately we might not even have a team in Buffalo and would have to jump over to being Giants fans or some other team.

That won't happen with me.
I'd hate the NFL without the Buffalo Bills.
There's no way in hell, that anything but a BILLS jersey
will ever be worn by me. The passion would be gone.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Uuumm...How do you tell exactly whether someone is a poser NY Giants fan?

Let's see, here are some of my favorite Giants players: Frank Gifford (!!!), Alex Webster, Kyle Rote, Del Shofner, Pat Sumerall, Don Chandler, Charlie Connerly, YA Title (YATS!), Dick Lynch, Erich Barnes, Andy Robustelli, Sam Huff (of course!), Rosey Grier, Jim Katavich, Tucker Fredrickson (what a waste of a 1st Round pick!), Pete Case (don't ask me why), Homer Jones (only guy on the team worth rooting for for awhile), Fran Tarkenton, Bobby Duhon, Ron Johnson, Fred Dryer (hated when he went to LA), Larry Csonka (glad he left Miami!), Joe Morris, Scott Brunner, Brad Van Pelt, Harry Carson, Gary Reasons, LT, Jim Burtt, Leonard Marshall, Brad Benson (talk about a guy who sucked when he started and took time to develop into a pretty good OG), Joe Danelo, Mark Bavaro, Phil Simms, Dave Brown (I gave his authentic jersey to a Giant fan for Christmas one year), etc. (need I go on?)

So, am I a poser or an authentic Giants fan? How can you tell?

BTW: I don't own any Giants jerseys, T-shirts or hats (only Bills' stuff).

PS: I hated Chuck Bednarik for YEARS because he nearly killed Frank Gifford. And, I kind of liked Joe Pisarchik before Coach McVay called that stupid running play to Csonka that Herm Edwards recovered for a TD.

lordofgun
02-07-2008, 06:45 AM

Let's see, here are some of my favorite Giants players: Frank Gifford (!!!), Alex Webster, Kyle Rote, Del Shofner, Pat Sumerall, Don Chandler, Charlie Connerly, YA Title (YATS!), Dick Lynch, Erich Barnes, Andy Robustelli, Sam Huff (of course!), Rosey Grier, Jim Katavich, Tucker Fredrickson (what a waste of a 1st Round pick!), Pete Case (don't ask me why), Homer Jones (only guy on the team worth rooting for for awhile), Fran Tarkenton, Bobby Duhon, Ron Johnson, Fred Dryer (hated when he went to LA), Larry Csonka (glad he left Miami!), Joe Morris, Scott Brunner, Brad Van Pelt, Harry Carson, Gary Reasons, LT, Jim Burtt, Leonard Marshall, Brad Benson (talk about a guy who sucked when he started and took time to develop into a pretty good OG), Joe Danelo, Mark Bavaro, Phil Simms, Dave Brown (I gave his authentic jersey to a Giant fan for Christmas one year), etc. (need I go on?)

PS: I hated Chuck Bednarik for YEARS because he nearly killed Frank Gifford. And, I kind of liked Joe Pisarchik before Coach McVay called that stupid running play to Csonka that Herm Edwards recovered for a TD.
Definitely a poser. :D

mybills
02-07-2008, 06:58 AM
The easiest way to find out from a Pats fan is to ask who their back up QB is. I haven't received an answer yet from any of them around here. Seriously!

The easiest way to find out from a Giants fan is to ask them what was the first S.B. they won. Most of them will answer 25, but only because it was mentioned during 42.

The King
02-07-2008, 07:04 AM
The easiest way to find out from a Pats fan is to ask who their back up QB is. I haven't received an answer yet from any of them around here. Seriously!

I can name both their backups but I am not a fan

mybills
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
I can name both their backups but I am not a fan
Exactly! :D

blackonyx89
02-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I've been a Giants fan since the won the NFC game until the Super Bowl ended.

I'm over it now.

Love the helmet!!!

:dance:

blackonyx89
02-07-2008, 10:07 AM

I'm talking about people who constantly talk about how big a fan of one team for years and years and all of a sudden, they have love for a new team with the same passion? That's garbage!!! Stick with your team original team, no matter what!

Voltron
02-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I would have to find a different team all together because I refuse to root for a Team that has New York in the name but the only time they play a game in NY is when they go to Buffalo.