Would you remain a Buffalo Bills Fan if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Would you remain a Buffalo Bills Fan if...

...in order to keep the team, half of the home games were played in Toronto?

4 in Buffalo
    4 in Toronto

I honestly believe this is where we're headed. They wont take the whole team to Toronto, but I can see it being an even split in 4-6 years.

Would you remain a Bills fan?
    Last edited by Michael82; 02-07-2008, 04:12 AM.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Would you remain a Buffalo Bills Fan is...

If we remained the "Buffalo Bills."

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      If we remained the "Buffalo Bills."
      yup

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

My initial reaction is no, but I would probably still be, however to a much lower degree. Also if we won the superbowl it just wouldn't be the same. I probably wouldn't get tickets and only casually watch them, instead of being the complete fanatic I am now.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          My initial reaction is no, but I would probably still be, however to a much lower degree. Also if we won the superbowl it just wouldn't be the same. I probably wouldn't get tickets and only casually watch them, instead of being the complete fanatic I am now.
          I would still do everything I do now, I would actually consider ourselves lucky if that is the worst that happens to us.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I would still do everything I do now, I would actually consider ourselves lucky if that is the worst that happens to us.
            You wouldn't understand man. Its different for locals.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

You wouldn't understand man. Its different for locals.
              Well you would still get four games a year and four other games would be an hour or two away. That's a lot better than all the games being an hour or two away logically.

Comment

• PIZ
                • Apr 2003

Ralph is always saying the "shrinking economy" blah blah blah. He says the Bills can't compete. If it is so dire, why in the world is the stadium still called Ralph Wilson Stadium? I'm sure there is a big sponsor out there willing to put up some $$$.

I am in the middle of Steeler and Bills country, but I could never imagine rooting for the Squeelers. I would 100% sure I would stay a fan, because I'm a fan of the players on the team, and not just the team.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

The team is making a lot of money.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PIZ
                    Ralph is always saying the "shrinking economy" blah blah blah. He says the Bills can't compete. If it is so dire, why in the world is the stadium still called Ralph Wilson Stadium? I'm sure there is a big sponsor out there willing to put up some $$$.

I am in the middle of Steeler and Bills country, but I could never imagine rooting for the Squeelers. I would 100% sure I would stay a fan, because I'm a fan of the players on the team, and not just the team.
                    Surely this is a rhetorical question. If not the answer is that he's a greedy bastard.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

The team is making a lot of money.
                      Not as much as the rest of the NFL, that's the problem. If everything was peaches and cream there wouldn't be talk of moving the team.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

I would if it would to remain 50/50, but that just won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pride
                          ...in order to keep the team, half of the home games were played in Toronto?

4 in Buffalo
                          4 in Toronto

I honestly believe this is where we're headed. They wont take the whole team to Toronto, but I can see it being an even split in 4-6 years.

Would you remain a Bills fan?
                          If they're making money hand over fist and not having any difficulty selling out the place via season tickets like many of the other larger organizations in the NFL in Toronto, you can bet your 401K that the new owner will permanently relocate the team there.

$250/ticket? If that flies bye bye Buffalo. All this crying over the CFL up there is laughable.

Why wouldn't a new owner move the team entirely under such circumstances? Wouldn't you after you remove your sentimental affinity for Buffalo from the mix, which would happen since it would be entirely a business decision. Why on earth would you even tinker with losing money, even on "half" your games down here? And what, we're gonna keep all the premier games and hand the meaningless end of season ones to Toronto? I also don't think that's gonna fly.

The NFL allowing this is the first step towards placing a team outside the U.S. and Toronto is that market and would embrace the Bills w/o question. It's the financial center of Canada much like NYC is for the U.S. and there's far more money up there than in WNY, even with assistance from Southern Ontario across the river.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

Not as much as the rest of the NFL, that's the problem. If everything was peaches and cream there wouldn't be talk of moving the team.
                            Wrong again! The Bills are consistently in the top half (if not top third) of the league in net operating income. I posted this about 10 times and naturally all of the "Bills are in a shrinking economy and Ralph isn't cheap, he's poor" people totally ignored it.

Jon

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                              If they're making money hand over fist and not having any difficulty selling out the place via season tickets like many of the other larger organizations in the NFL in Toronto, you can bet your 401K that the new owner will permanently relocate the team there.

$250/ticket? If that flies bye bye Buffalo. All this crying over the CFL up there is laughable.

Why wouldn't a new owner move the team entirely under such circumstances? Wouldn't you after you remove your sentimental affinity for Buffalo from the mix, which would happen since it would be entirely a business decision. Why on earth would you even tinker with losing money, even on "half" your games down here? And what, we're gonna keep all the premier games and hand the meaningless end of season ones to Toronto? I also don't think that's gonna fly.

The NFL allowing this is the first step towards placing a team outside the U.S. and Toronto is that market and would embrace the Bills w/o question. It's the financial center of Canada much like NYC is for the U.S. and there's far more money up there than in WNY, even with assistance from Southern Ontario across the river.
                              You are correct. I mean, read between the lines people!

Step 1: New Collective Bargaining agreement was signed. Ralph was one of the few who voted against it.

Step 2: Ralph whined to the government and NFL about how he has it so tough, and the "future" of the Bills in WNY was uncertain.

Step 3: Ralph is seen meeting with Roger Goodell.

Step 4: Roger Goodell is promoting international play, including overseas, but talking an awful lot about how Canada could be a possibility for the NFL.

Step 5: Bills are starting to play games in Toronto.

Step 6 (hasn't happened yet): If Toronto reception is strong, Bills permanently move to Toronto within next 5-7 years, or whenever Ralph passes, whichever happens first.

It's my belief that this is already a done deal, we just don't know about it yet. When it happens, you can thank Roger Goodell.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X