PDA

View Full Version : Very Depressed

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
All the years I have lived and died with this team. All the money I have shelled out. All the good times had. All the memories. All of this for nothing as the NFL only cares about the bottom like. It makes me ****ing sick.......

To see Wilson up there licking Rodgers balls has enraged me.

Romes
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
me too, thurm :(

I having nothing to say about this whole thing other than it sucks.

superbills
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I won't watch/listen to it. I knew it was going to just be a Toronto love-fest. Dammit this sucks. My kid is just at the age where he's starting to get into sports and being a fan...man this is depressing.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
There is still 7 games in Buffalo. It's alot better than none.

Once the novelty of NFL football wears off in Toronto, there will be just as many empty seats for Bills games as there are for Blue Jay games. Especially at $250 per ticket.

Buffatexas
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
and once Bush is out of office and our dollar out gains Canada...then watch things change.

patmoran2006
02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I hope Wilson dies, after hearing Wilson and his smug talk today

suspend me if you want..

**** HIM

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
We don't need to suspend you.

Wishing for somebody to die over this reflects on you much more poorly than a banning will.

Being pissed is one thing. WIshing for death?

Now that is pathetic.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Wishing for somebody to die over this reflects on you much more poorly than a banning will.

Now that is pathetic.
Not everyone sees the world in the same light you do Lecter. I don't know about death but I wouldn't be sad to see him disappear due to some mystical unknown circumstance.

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't beleive in wishing death on people over football, despite how important it is to me.

BTW, what did he say exactly?

Mitchy moo
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't beleive in wishing death on people over football, despite how important it is to me.

A higher power should determine death.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:28 PM

BTW, what did he say exactly?

Go to my thread, I did a pretty decent breakdown, or at least tried to.

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I just saw some of the quotes.

Maybe I am thicked skin. But the quotes in their entirety seem to be some of the same things already said as the reasons for the games in TO.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Maybe I am thicked skin. But the quotes in their entirety seem to be some of the same things already said as the reasons for the games in TO.
Perhaps it's just the idea of our "leader" conceding to the fact that we can't support our own team.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:35 PM

You need to hear how smug he was and how great cities like Toronto and Dallas are. How crap our city it. He berates the people and the city. Just go do yourself a favor and go listen to the whole thing.

Dr. Lecter
And he is at least trying to do something.

It is no secret the business base in this city makes it very difficult to support the NFL.

The NFL, thanks to the Snyder's and Jones's of the world, will drive out the small market teams. Watch teams like Jacksonville struggle too.

Dr. Lecter
You need to hear how smug he was and how great cities like Toronto and Dallas are. How crap our city it. He berates the people and the city. Just go do yourself a favor and go listen to the whole thing.

I'll try to do so tonight......

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Well he can help out the team and cut the **** out about how much Buffalo sucks and how all these other big cities are great. He's embarrassed to be in buffalo from how he talks.

Its like he has a ******ed kid and is like "well, we need to take him out from the normal schools and he needs tutoring from here and here"

Doutz
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
From a Canadian's perspective I just wanted to let everyone know this isn't being very well received for a few reasons.

Many people prefer to go to Buffalo to watch the games there. Tailgating will be virtually non-existent in Toronto as will the same party like atmosphere.

The price of tickets is absolutely ridiculous. Charging approximately $250 a pop.

Many of the CFL fans are upset the NFL is stepping on their home turf and are afraid, like many of us Bills fans, this will be the demise of their franchise/league.

We will have to wait and see how this all turns out but I can't see the enthusiasm generated in Toronto that will make the Bills consider moving their permenently.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM
From a Canadian's perspective I just wanted to let everyone know this isn't being very well received for a few reasons.

Many people prefer to go to Buffalo to watch the games there. Tailgating will be virtually non-existent in Toronto as will the same party like atmosphere.

The price of tickets is absolutely ridiculous. Charging approximately $250 a pop.

Many of the CFL fans are upset the NFL is stepping on their home turf and are afraid, like many of us Bills fans, this will be the demise of their franchise/league.

We will have to wait and see how this all turns out but I can't see the enthusiasm generated in Toronto that will make the Bills consider moving their permenently.
:goodpost:

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Well people in buffalo are pissed off because we support our team, the Bills, and Ralph just doesn't seem to care. Proof is in the pudding. NO playoffs in how long now? And he's trying to pawn this off as something that's all Buffalos fault??!?

I'm tired of hearing how it's OUR fault.

Jan Reimers
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I hope Ralph lives to be at least 123 years old. We'll never leave while he's still alive, and if he makes it another 33 years or so, I'll be on the wrong side of the grass and won't care.

patmoran2006
02-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Its about our owner pretty much PUBLICLY dissing the city of Buffalo. That is 100% what he did.

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk him, seriously.

patmoran2006
02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
And rather than credit the fans who STILL sell out every game to watch this mediocre team play, he gave all the credit to the franchise remaining in Buffalo the MARKETING people on his staff.

I have never hated a sports-figure at this point more than I hate him. I'm not joking either. I hate him. I think he's an old duecherag that should NEVER do a press conference again, he's embarassing.

DMBcrew36
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
As much as you can blame Ralph if this team moves, you can blame the politicians of Buffalo, who don't seem to understand you need tax breaks and incentives for corporations to get an economy going.

And then you can thank some of the people who have left the city. In some cases, they had to leave because opportunities are not as rich here. In other cases, people could have stayed, and we can thank them, too, for what is now happening with this team.

Bulldog
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey Ralph, the Sabre's sure didn't seem to have any problem selling tickets that are a hell of a lot more expensive than the Bills tickets are. Build a winner, and the fans will come. I would bet that most would be willing to shell out some extra money on tickets to see a WINNING football team. He almost acts as though it's the fans fault that it's come to this. You have to spend money to make money, and until Ralph figures this out, the Bills will continue to struggle.

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
And rather than credit the fans who STILL sell out every game to watch this mediocre team play, he gave all the credit to the franchise remaining in Buffalo the MARKETING people on his staff.

I have never hated a sports-figure at this point more than I hate him. I'm not joking either. I hate him. I think he's an old duecherag that should NEVER do a press conference again, he's embarassing.

To hate him more than OJ, Rae Carruth, Art Modell (who actually moved his team) and countless others is dumb.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I was listening to Schopp and the Bulldog and Schopp brought up a great point that really pisses me off about this. Wilson, a guy who doesn't even live in Buffalo, and from what I can tell knows nothing about the city is continuing to feed the lines of doom and gloom. I would guess he has done 0 research on the area but yet he talks about how people are leaving in droves as well as jobs. It is obvious he could not give 2 ****s about us and what we have done for his greedy ass. I hope he burns in hell.

TacklingDummy

Like I said a few posts above this. The novelty of the NFL will wear off quick. Especially at $250 per ticket.

THATHURMANATOR

Now that is pathetic.
What about hoping he burns in Hell?

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Like I said a few posts above this. The novelty of the NFL will wear off quick. Especially at $250 per ticket.
What good is that going to do after they already are moved up there?

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
As much as you can blame Ralph if this team moves, you can blame the politicians of Buffalo, who don't seem to understand you need tax breaks and incentives for corporations to get an economy going.

And then you can thank some of the people who have left the city. In some cases, they had to leave because opportunities are not as rich here. In other cases, people could have stayed, and we can thank them, too, for what is now happening with this team.
**** them both in the ass.

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Thurm, like it or not the business base is not strong in the area.

And with today's NFL it needs to be.

The Bills sold 156 out of 160 luxury suites this past season. The only team not to sell out and they had the cheapest prices.

Reality it is, they need to regionalize.

dannyek71
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
In 5 years, do you really think RW will be alive/coherant?

I am not wishing death/dispear on ANYONE, but I am just facing reality here. If his family isnt going to keep the team, and knows it is about to be moved, then why does he care so much about creating a "fan base."

Being a jerk or not, if you were his age and in his situation, would you really care so much about that? I think the NFL is pressuring him.

DMBcrew36
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm waiting for Jim Kelly, or someone else to come forward and reassure us as fans. I'm waiting for something to tell me that I shouldn't think the sky is falling on Bills fans everywhere. I wouldn't have a big problem with the Toronto deal if that's what it was going to take to keep the team in Buffalo. But instead all I can think after this press conference, is that this is the beginning of the end. I need someone who knows to assure me it is not.

Michael82
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
In 5 years, do you really think RW will be alive/coherant?

I am not wishing death/dispear on ANYONE, but I am just facing reality here. If his family isnt going to keep the team, and knows it is about to be moved, then why does he care so much about creating a "fan base."

Being a jerk or not, if you were his age and in his situation, would you really care so much about that? I think the NFL is pressuring him.
yeah, the NFL is pressuring him....specifically Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, and Dan Synder. The 3 ****ing pieces of **** that will ruin the league and bring it back to the old NFL/AFL era. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey Ralph, the Sabre's sure didn't seem to have any problem selling tickets that are a hell of a lot more expensive than the Bills tickets are. Build a winner, and the fans will come. I would bet that most would be willing to shell out some extra money on tickets to see a WINNING football team. He almost acts as though it's the fans fault that it's come to this. You have to spend money to make money, and until Ralph figures this out, the Bills will continue to struggle.
:hi5:
EXACTLY!!!

And I know from experience that all the expensive suites sold.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Thurm, like it or not the business base is not strong in the area.

And with today's NFL it needs to be.

The Bills sold 156 out of 160 luxury suites this past season. The only team not to sell out and they had the cheapest prices.

Reality it is, they need to regionalize.
As I have stated I can deal with the current agreement and that is it.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I will take my company for instance. We deal with thousands of vendors and some of the biggest technology companies in the world and they all chose to purchase Sabres suites this years because the team had more of a buzz. Why doesn't idiot Wilson put a winning team together.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I will take my company for instance. We deal with thousands of vendors and some of the biggest technology companies in the world and they all chose to purchase Sabres suites this years because the team had more of a buzz. Why doesn't idiot Wilson put a winning team together.
Because Wilson isn't serious about winning?

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Its about our owner pretty much PUBLICLY dissing the city of Buffalo. That is 100% what he did.

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk him, seriously.
I would love to kick him right in the nuts! I am livid.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Because Wilson isn't serious about winning?
I know but why? I just cant understand that at all...

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I know but why? I just cant understand that at all...
Because he's a greedy **** that only cares about himself. I've been telling you this forever, he's just football stupid and we'll never win with him.

That's why I constantly raise the question: who cares if we have a team if the owner isn't going to be serious about winning?

yordad
02-06-2008, 05:21 PM
You need to hear how smug he was and how great cities like Toronto and Dallas are. How crap our city it. He berates the people and the city. Just go do yourself a favor and go listen to the whole thing.YES, but how?

Nighthawk
02-06-2008, 06:48 PM
All the years I have lived and died with this team. All the money I have shelled out. All the good times had. All the memories. All of this for nothing as the NFL only cares about the bottom like. It makes me ****ing sick.......

To see Wilson up there licking Rodgers balls has enraged me.

As I've been saying for years, this guy is a pile of s**t and does not care about Buffalo. Anybody who still supports this guy must have their heads stuck so far up their @$$ that they can't see what he is all about. All I can say to these fans is WAKE THE F'k UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

And on whether the Bills will move. Well, I hope to God that for once in this cities history, people (politicians, businessmen & women...everybody) finally steps and stops somebody (Toronto & the NFL) from sh**ting on us and pushing us around. We need to stand up as a community and say "that's enough!" and push for this team to keep it's heartbeat (Bills). I hate how this area always takes s**t and never stands up for itself.

im4bflo
02-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll be beyond depressed, if the BILLS should leave Buffalo.
But until that happens, KISS MY :moon: CANADAIAN BILLS! And GO BUFFALO BILLS!

Throne Logic
02-06-2008, 11:41 PM
There is still 7 games in Buffalo. It's alot better than none.

Once the novelty of NFL football wears off in Toronto, there will be just as many empty seats for Bills games as there are for Blue Jay games. Especially at $250 per ticket.

Don't you have to purchase tickets to all of the proposed Toronto games at once. I seem to remember this along with having to pay for them in full, up front.

So, even if the novelty wears off in 3 years, the tickets will have already been sold. I'm betting people show up, too, what with having shelled out $250/ticket.

paladin warrior
02-07-2008, 01:13 AM
I hope Ralph lives to be at least 123 years old. We'll never leave while he's still alive, and if he makes it another 33 years or so, I'll be on the wrong side of the grass and won't care. It that Ralph:fogey: or him :monte: