PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson is officially a peice of ****

patmoran2006
02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
More to come when I get home from work.. about his un-funny jabs time and time again today regarding the city of Buffalo. Way to piss off the current WNY sponsors you currently have still in WNY.

**** YOU, Ralphie.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
EXACTLY what I'm talking about in my thread about the conference. Listenin to WGR right now and it's pissing me off even more.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
How you could be a Buffalonian or a die hard Buffalo Bills fan and to not be offended by his words today is beyond me.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Pat, there's no need, the vast majority of us feel the same way and wouldn't be saddened if he was gone tomorrow.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
This is all part of the master plan.

The more Ralph pisses the fan base off, the more accelerated and more reason for the franchise to move.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
This is all part of the master plan.

The more Ralph pisses the fan base off, the more accelerated and more reason for the franchise to move.
I've been saying it since day one, this deal with Toronto is the beginning of the end for the Buffalo Bills franchise. I'm glad that Thrum and everyone else is starting to realize it too.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Makes me ****in sick. How could you possibly go to another Bills game and feel the same? How does it not feel like your watchin your wife/girlfriend porking some other dude?

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Makes me ****in sick. How could you possibly go to another Bills game and feel the same? How does it not feel like your watchin your wife/girlfriend porking some other dude?
Preaching to the choir.

ddaryl
02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Buffalo is a financially dead city with little to offer a big time conglomorate like the NFL. The NFL wants the territory but not the city, and Ralph knows what the future holds for Bills in Buffalo.

What should Ralph do to solve Buffalo's financial problem and bring in the revenues necessary to run an NFL organization and compete at the levels being set by big markets...

Personally I think the Bills should raise ticket prices so the minimum price of a ticket is like $90, and prime seats are $150 per game. That's what big markets are charging, and thats what it will take to keep up. However how many fans would cancel season tickets at those prices ????

Buffalo is going to end up moving to Toronto because Toronto is wealthy, and you can also thank our latest economy which has the Canadian dollar almost on par with the American buck. The Bills can fetch over $200 a ticket in Toronto

$60 in Buffalo or $200 in Toronto... your the Businessman you make the call.

Face fact people Buffalo has been mis-managed for decades, it has miserable winter weather, and short summers, it has little to offer in employment opportunites that pay solid wages with excellent benefits for the masses. Which is my most of us left. I would have never left it some company in Buffalo would pay be $30 an hour with a pension plan and benefits for my family. Those opportunities were few, and too many people were left competing for those opportunities.

The problem is not Ralph, although he is not winning any awards for Buffalonian of the year... it just a plain and simple fiscal reality.

How long will the NFL allow Buffalo to suck on the revenue sharing teet before it pretty much assists the move to a more robust revenue generating town ?

Instead of *****ing, lets hear all the ideas you all have that will increase the Bills financial well being.

if you bought a football team for 700 million would you not want to see a return on investment ? The Bills could win 10 straight superbowls and that will not change the fact that there are not enough people making high enough wages to pay $100 per seat per game... and again this is what other teams are getting.

but don't worry eventually even the big markets will collapse upon there own greed and the NFL itself will be making significant changes a decade down the road IMO..

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Buffalo is a financially dead city with little to offer a big time conglomorate like the NFL. The NFL wants the territory but not the city, and Ralph knows what the future holds for Bills in Buffalo.

What should Ralph do to solve Buffalo's financial problem and bring in the revenues necessary to run an NFL organization and compete at the levels being set by big markets...

Personally I think the Bills should raise ticket prices so the minimum price of a ticket is like $90, and prime seats are $150 per game. That's what big markets are charging, and thats what it will take to keep up. However how many fans would cancel season tickets at those prices ????

Buffalo is going to end up moving to Toronto because Toronto is wealthy, and you can also thank our latest economy which has the Canadian dollar almost on par with the American buck. The Bills can fetch over $200 a ticket in Toronto

Face fact people Buffalo has been mis-managed for decades, it has miserable winter weather, and short summers, it has little to offer in employment opportunites that pay solid wages with excellent benefits for the masses. Which is my most of us left. I would have never left it some company in Buffalo would pay be $30 an hour with a pension plan and benefits for my family. Those opportunities were few, and too many people were left competing for those opportunities.

The problem is not Ralph, although he is not winning any awards for Buffalonian of the year... it just a plain and simple fiscal reality.

How long will the NFL allow Buffalo to suck on the revenue sharing teet before it pretty much assists the move to a more robust revenue generating town ?

Instead of *****ing, lets hear all the ideas you all have that will increase the Bills financial well being.

if you bought a football team for 700 million would you not want to see a return on investment ? The Bills could win 10 straight superbowls and that will not change the fact that there are not enough people making high enough wages to pay $100 per seat per game... and again this is what other teams are getting.

but don't worry eventually even the big markets will collapse upon there own greed and the NFL itself will be making significant changes a decade down the road IMO..
Thurm? You want to take this one...

ddaryl
02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Thurm? You want to take this one...

Yes Thurm please.

Mitchy moo
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=145571

patmoran2006
02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
In my short 36 years of existance, I have NEVER heard the owner of a franchise LITERALLY belittle his own organization and the community that they play in like I heard Wilson today.

SEriously, never.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Some of you don't deserve a team in Buffalo with the way some of you guys act.

Ralph is the main reason the city of Buffalo has a team. He could have packed up everything and moved years ago. Not to mention how cheap Bills tickets are for you fans.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Some of you don't deserve a team in Buffalo with the way some of you guys act.

Ralph is the main reason the city of Buffalo has a team. He could have packed up everything and moved years ago. Not to mention how cheap Bills tickets are for you fans.

And I could've stopped giving a **** about the Bills since they're a joke the past 10 years.

Give me a break buddy.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
And I could've stopped giving a **** about the Bills since they're a joke the past 10 years.

Yes you could of but you didn't.

Ralph Wilson has done more for the people of Buffalo than you have done for Ralph Wilson.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
If you were Ralph Wilson and you read the crap that has been posted on this board about him for the past 6-months. What would you think of the fans of your team?

raphael120
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM

Ralph Wilson has done more for the people of Buffalo than you have done for Ralph Wilson.

Has Ralph Wilson improved Buffalo's economy?

Has Ralph Wilson earned me money somehow? Earned you money?

Has Ralph stopped the population decline?

Has Ralph given me a watchable football team in the past decade?

What the HELL has Ralph done for me!?!?!

And ask WHAT BUFFALO HAS DONE FOR HIM! EVERYTHING!

raphael120
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
If you were Ralph Wilson and you read the crap that has been posted on this board about him for the past 6-months. What would you think of the fans of your team?
The fans that have supported this team in record numbers? Despite this crap product!? In this supposed third world country of a town? This town of poverty?

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Has Ralph Wilson earned me money somehow? Earned you money?

I think Dummy was being sarcastic.

Wally The Barber
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Ralph was smart enough to tell you not to worry though!

That way ,you will still buy tickets!

Meathead
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
"Buffalo, and it's no secret, is diminishing in size. It's dwindling in population and jobs. People don't have jobs and they move out of Western New York. So I would say to keep the team there a number of years ago we decided we had to regionalize because the team could not be maintained in Buffalo. I did not want to have the team leave Buffalo. We had hundreds of thousands of very passionate fans. I thought it would be a death knell to the city of Buffalo. So we had to increase our exposure."

yeah ralph really hates buffalo

HHURRICANE
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
It's pretty simple to me how you solve the issue of whether we deserve to keep the team or not.

Raise prices to a level that is commensurate with teams like Green Bay where the team is supported by the region and not a specific city.

Keeping the ticket prices at the lowest levels in NFL just supports the idea that we don't deserve this franchise.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes Thurm please.
I have a whole Buffalo zone dedicated to this Daryll.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Although I can't say Daryl hasn't raised many good points though. Its all about greed. The Bills make Millions upon Millions here in Buffalo BUT that is not enough and they can make more Millions somewhere else. **** EM.

yordad
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM

Ralph Wilson has done more for the people of Buffalo than you have done for Ralph Wilson.Him for Buffalo, compared to me for him? How about what the city of Buffalo for him. The city of Buffalo made him a billionaire. How much did he buy the team for? $30,000? Thanks Ralph, glad Buffalo could make you a billionaire and set up your family finacially for generations, while all we get back is a game and a losing, moving franchise.

In summary, BUFFALO HAS DONE WAY MORE FOR RALPH THEN HE DID FOR BUFFALO. He is taking the cash and running.

Not to mention, on a personal level,I have spent thousands of dollars, and a thousand hours on the Bills. How much has Ralph done for me again?

yordad
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
In my short 36 years of existance, I have NEVER heard the owner of a franchise LITERALLY belittle his own organization and the community that they play in like I heard Wilson today.

SEriously, never.What did he say, or where can I hear it?

raphael120
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
What did he say, or where can I hear it?

WGR550.com has it in their audiovault.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 06:16 PM

The Bills don't generate millions of dollars in the Buffalo area?

It's not Ralph job to make you money or stop the population decline.

Bills football has been watchable the past decade. It's not my fault that you choose to dwell in them struggling.

Ralph gave you a place to escape every Sunday during football season, cheering on the team you supposedly love.

There is no denying that Buffalo has done alot for Ralph. There is also no denying that Ralph could have packed up years ago and moved to a new city that would have done alot more for him.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 06:19 PM
In summary, BUFFALO HAS DONE WAY MORE FOR RALPH THEN HE DID FOR BUFFALO. He is taking the cash and running.? Maybe he should have done it years ago when the Bills had back to back 2-14 seasons and hardly 35k fans were going to the games.

Not to mention, on a personal level,I have spent thousands of dollars, and a thousand hours on the Bills.

And Ralph has spent Billions.

YardRat
02-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Him for Buffalo, compared to me for him? How about what the city of Buffalo for him. The city of Buffalo made him a billionaire. How much did he buy the team for? $30,000? Thanks Ralph, glad Buffalo could make you a billionaire and set up your family finacially for generations, while all we get back is a game and a losing, moving franchise.

In summary, BUFFALO HAS DONE WAY MORE FOR RALPH THEN HE DID FOR BUFFALO. He is taking the cash and running.

Not to mention, on a personal level,I have spent thousands of dollars, and a thousand hours on the Bills. How much has Ralph done for me again?

Buffalo Bills
In 1996 the teams’ gross economic impact, reflecting total economic activity resulting from the Bills presence in the marketplace was estimated to be $111.5 million. The Bills employed 1,664 people, and total direct expenditures by fans were estimated to be $31.5 million.

http://www.ftballiance.org/stadiums/impact.php

Even when adjusting for inflation, over the almost fifty-year existence of the franchise, the economic benefit the team has given the area far outweighs the eight or nine hundred million the team is worth right now.

It ain't even close.

yordad
02-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Buffalo Bills
In 1996 the teams’ gross economic impact, reflecting total economic activity resulting from the Bills presence in the marketplace was estimated to be $111.5 million. The Bills employed 1,664 people, and total direct expenditures by fans were estimated to be $31.5 million.

Even when adjusting for inflation, over the almost fifty-year existence of the franchise, the economic benefit the team has given the area far outweighs the eight or nine hundred million the team is worth right now.

It ain't even close.Well dang. :rantoff:

Michael82
02-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Buffalo Bills

It ain't even close.
That right there shows exactly what I said. Buffalo, Rochester and Western NY in general will do everything in their power to save the team. They will take the NFL to court and Schumer will probably have a hearing if they try to steal our team. The honest truth is that Western NY, especially Buffalo, can't afford to lose the team. The blow to the economy will be devastating. :ill: :mad:

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 11:55 PM
That right there shows exactly what I said. Buffalo, Rochester and Western NY in general will do everything in their power to save the team. They will take the NFL to court and Schumer will probably have a hearing if they try to steal our team. The honest truth is that Western NY, especially Buffalo, can't afford to lose the team. The blow to the economy will be devastating. :ill: :mad:
Well you can blame your boy Ralph Wilson.

Michael82
02-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Well you can blame your boy Ralph Wilson.
He gets part of the blame, along with Jones, Kraft and Snyder. Because it seems that he doesn't even want to try anymore. He raised prices a bit last year, yet we sold the most season tickets in years. Why doesn't he keep going up and put it to the league average, before he ****ing takes our team away from us? :mad: And why the **** won't he invest some of his money into a winning team? Get himself an experience GM, a good head coach and try to win! Instead, he jokes about the team and realizes how pathetic our offense is. :ill:

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
anybody notice that the loudest dissentors don't even live in Buffalo?

gr8slayer
02-07-2008, 12:14 AM
He gets part of the blame, along with Jones, Kraft and Snyder. Because it seems that he doesn't even want to try anymore. He raised prices a bit last year, yet we sold the most season tickets in years. Why doesn't he keep going up and put it to the league average, before he ****ing takes our team away from us? :mad: And why the **** won't he invest some of his money into a winning team? Get himself an experience GM, a good head coach and try to win! Instead, he jokes about the team and realizes how pathetic our offense is. :ill:
Dude you're obsessed with blaming your problems on other people, that seems to be a common thing amongst you WNYers. Ever stop to think that maybe the problems in your area are your own doing? I'm telling you, there's an inferiority complex of epic proportions in that area of the state.

Michael82
02-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Dude you're obsessed with blaming your problems on other people, that seems to be a common thing amongst you WNYers. Ever stop to think that maybe the problems in your area are your own doing? I'm telling you, there's an inferiority complex of epic proportions in that area of the state.
No, the problem is guys like former Buffalo Mayor Anthony Masiello and former Rochester Mayor Bill Johnson.... :ill:

gr8slayer
02-07-2008, 01:08 AM
No, the problem is guys like former Buffalo Mayor Anthony Masiello and former Rochester Mayor Bill Johnson.... :ill:
Someone has to elect those people, blame yourselves for electing the wrong people who don't have the best interest of the people in mind.