PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Cannot Guarantee Bills Will Stay in Buffalo

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Bills Owner Ralph Wilson says there is "no guarantee" the Buffalo Bills will stay in western New York after he passes away. The 89-year-old owner of the Bills spoke with 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni at a news conference in Toronto Wednesday, during which the Bills talked about their plans to play several pre-season and regular season games at the Rogers Centre, starting next season.

Ralph Wilson: "The town of Buffalo, and it's no secret its diminishing in size... Buffalo is honestly going the other way (than Toronto). Buffalo is dwindling in population, in jobs, people don't have jobs, they move out. They move out of Buffalo, they move out of western New York."

Ralph Wilson: "We've overturned all the rocks in western New York. We got to do something, so we looked this way to the north."

Ralph Wilson: "So we're gonna play these games up here; what am I going to say to the fans of Buffalo? I'm gonna say, hey, I can't speculate. I can't speculate what's going to happen in the future. But don't worry right now."
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=55137

HHURRICANE
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Raise the ticket prices and prove to me that the Bills can't support the fanchise.

I think this is the only issue I have with his logic.