PDA

View Full Version : HEY RALPH

raphael120
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I just heard your boy Russ Brandon on WGR.

He said that he's not worried about fan support because the Bills have the highest number of season ticket holders since 1992.

The Bills sold out all of their corporate box seats and billboards and had one of the highest average attendance rates in the NFL.

Yet you continue to harp on how Buffalo isn't good enough for you!? How Buffalo is such a DUMP?!?

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE FANS OF BUFFALO!? YOU DONT SAY HOW CRAP THE TOWN IS! HOW POOR THIS HARD WORKING CITY IS!

YOU SAY THANKS, YOU BACKSTABBING SON OF A *****! YOU OLD DRIED UP FART!

Typ0
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
my thoughts exactly.

Mudflap1
02-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Wow, the gloves are coming off now...

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I just can't fathom why the old far doesn't just raise the ticket prices to league average.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I just can't fathom why the old far doesn't just raise the ticket prices to league average.

Because then these same complainers would complain about that.

Ralph is in a no win situation.

Everyone thinks they know better than him.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Because then these same complainers would complain about that.

Ralph is in a no win situation.

Everyone thinks they know better than him.
This whole situation sucks ass. Sounds like everyone will be looking for a new team soon.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 06:24 PM
This whole situation sucks ass. Sounds like everyone will be looking for a new team soon.

Tom Golisano will buy the Bills. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, and Jim Kelly too.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Tom Golisano will buy the Bills. :rolleyes:
I'm so tired of hearing that and hearing about Jim Kelly.

The last buffalo fan
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Step up Jimbo.......... oh, and **** you RW!! it hurts, but I feel now better.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-06-2008, 06:59 PM
All I can think of is the NFL just waiting until the day Ralph is out of their way.

Nighthawk
02-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow, the gloves are coming off now...

It's about time people finally see what this guy is all about. He's a loser, making money hands over fist and still complaining. Let's not forget that this guy has never dumped a dime into the facilities in Buffalo, so how can he complain? Everything has been given to this idiot and it's no wonder that nobody likes him in the NFL. He'll never see Canton and that's fine with me.

helmetguy
02-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Simple solution: Build a new stadium...at state/county/city expense. Worked for Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly.....

G Wolly
02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Build the downtown stadium, have it accommodate tourists by attaching a hotel which can also be used all-year round, and rent the place out for events.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Build the downtown stadium, have it accommodate tourists by attaching a hotel which can also be used all-year round, and rent the place out for events.

Buffalo has trouble getting a freakin STORE in here let alone build a whole new stadium and shopping complex. Never going to happen with Buffalo at this stage.

Nighthawk
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM

That is exactly what should be done.

Michael82
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I just heard your boy Russ Brandon on WGR.

He said that he's not worried about fan support because the Bills have the highest number of season ticket holders since 1992.

The Bills sold out all of their corporate box seats and billboards and had one of the highest average attendance rates in the NFL.

Yet you continue to harp on how Buffalo isn't good enough for you!? How Buffalo is such a DUMP?!?

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE FANS OF BUFFALO!? YOU DONT SAY HOW CRAP THE TOWN IS! HOW POOR THIS HARD WORKING CITY IS!

YOU SAY THANKS, YOU BACKSTABBING SON OF A *****! YOU OLD DRIED UP FART!
That's the thing that bugs me too. How is it that Ralph complains about how poor he is and how broke Buffalo and Western NY are, but yet they are still selling out the stadium, selling the club seats, getting lots of advertisers. Meanwhile, the stadium is still called Ralph Wilson Stadium, because the dumb **** won't sell the naming rights for extra cash and won't try to raise the prices to see how high we are willing/able to go. WTF! :mad:

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 11:45 PM
That's the thing that bugs me too. How is it that Ralph complains about how poor he is and how broke Buffalo and Western NY are, but yet they are still selling out the stadium, selling the club seats, getting lots of advertisers. Meanwhile, the stadium is still called Ralph Wilson Stadium, because the dumb **** won't sell the naming rights for extra cash and won't try to raise the prices to see how high we are willing/able to go. WTF! :mad:
BECAUSE THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST IN THE LEAGUE! Raise the prices and see how many of the games sell out. Hell we couldn't even sell out all our games in '05 and the prices were the same.

bills&sabresmvf
02-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Guys...here's the thing. Yeah we sell out season tickets and home games, but for the lowest price in the league. Look at what Toronto wants to do with their tickets, average of $200. Now that's making money. You can't make money in the Buffalo market. Look at the Sabres they're the same way and they've done well the past two years, but the $ isn' there. It's tough to support a professional team in Buffalo. Ralph is an arrogant POS, he wants to be the only owner of the Buffalo Bills, therefore he refuses to sell the team before he dies. If he dies, then it's up to the highest bidder. No one is going to sink a crapload of $ into this team to buy it and keep it here where there will be no revenue. Ralph bought this team for pennies, that's why he's made so much $. The person who picks up this team, is picking up the team, the taxes, etc. Hard to make money when your ticket sales are one of the lowest in the league. Ralph is laying it out there, but won't fess up and just tell us so something can be done to save this team.

Michael82
02-07-2008, 12:16 AM
That's bull****. The league average is only $68 per ticket. The Buffalo Bills are $20 below that. The problem is the product. If you put a better product on the field, people will come. Last year, after a solid end of the season in 2006, many people bought tickets and we sold the most season tickets in a while. Keep in mind that the tickets jumped up in price a bit beforehand too. Yet, people still bought them. We sold out the whole season in a 73,000 seat stadium. Even though most stadiums average 65,000. That makes a difference too. If Ralph wants to ***** about this economy and the people, the least he can do is give us a chance. Raise the average price another $10 and see if people can handle it. Then if the stadium still sells out, go up another $10 or $15 the next year. Test us out. If we prove we can still sell many season tickets and fill the stadium, maybe the moving **** will end.

League average $67.83
Atlanta Falcons $66.59
Miami Dolphins $66.11
Cincinnati Bengals $66.05
Pittsburgh Steelers $66.00
Green Bay Packers $63.39
San Francisco 49ers $62.37
Oakland Raiders $61.19
Houston Texans $60.66
Carolina Panthers $60.19
Seattle Seahawks $59.07
Detroit Lions $59.01
Arizona Cardinals $57.59
New Orleans Saints $56.42
Tennessee Titans $54.09
Cleveland Browns $48.54
Buffalo Bills $46.46
Jacksonville Jaguars $45.19
Source: Texans/NFL

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
To do that, you have to have consistent winning, like you mentioned (a good product). If the Bills play mediocre and the prices keep going up, they won't sell out, leading to low revenue.

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 12:21 AM
U have to think what the next owner wants. He doesn't want a team here when he can jack up prices like crazy in a place where he knows they will sell out. Sure it will be all guys in suits and it won't be a crazy place like Buffalo, but that's what they want

gr8slayer
02-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Why not just raise them to the league average and see if people are willing to pay it. Why make it gradual?

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 12:30 AM
u think people will still buy? That's a risky move. I have at least 20 friends who buy season tickets and are at the point now where they are hesitant about keeping them going because of the price. Sure they don't have the jobs to pay for it in the first place, but that's what most of Western New york is and most of who buys season tickets or tickets alone, barely get by.

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 12:38 AM
u think people will still buy? That's a risky move. I have at least 20 friends who buy season tickets and are at the point now where they are hesitant about keeping them going because of the price. Sure they don't have the jobs to pay for it in the first place, but that's what most of Western New york is and most of who buys season tickets or tickets alone, barely get by.
so you are saying that RW is correct in his assessment of Buffalo?

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes I am. Look how many western new yorkers now live in the Carolinas. I love Buffalo and can't see myself leaving...that is unless I'm left broke without a job. I currently work in tv, say my sports teams leave, that leaves me without a job. I must leave then

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Yes I am. Look how many western new yorkers now live in the Carolinas. I love Buffalo and can't see myself leaving...that is unless I'm left broke without a job. I currently work in tv, say my sports teams leave, that leaves me without a job. I must leave then
so you lay some or much of the blame on the people who have left and thereby weakend this region?

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 01:32 AM
I guess you can take it that way, but not really. I mean those people "had" to leave. If there was more opportunity here, then they would have stayed and therefore maybe bought more into this team. That's just the way Buffalo has become and because of it, our sports teams are suffering...the bills and now the sabres not being to sign free agents, there's better places than Buffalo, NY out there. I love it here, but it's the reality.

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 01:34 AM
I guess you can take it that way, but not really. I mean those people "had" to leave. If there was more opportunity here, then they would have stayed and therefore maybe bought more into this team. That's just the way Buffalo has become and because of it, our sports teams are suffering...the bills and now the sabres not being to sign free agents, there's better places than Buffalo, NY out there. I love it here, but it's the reality.
yet those that seem to be protesting the loudest are the ones who no longer live in the WNY area.

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 01:37 AM
That's what I'm saying...and that's a good thing. They didn't want to leave because they still love Buffalo, but because they were forced too. They want this team to stay here, but they're efforts are limited from being outside of Buffalo.

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 01:38 AM
I totally butchered the spelling *to* and *their*

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 01:41 AM
That's what I'm saying...and that's a good thing. They didn't want to leave because they still love Buffalo, but because they were forced too. They want this team to stay here, but they're efforts are limited from being outside of Buffalo.
but they have nothing to directly garner from supporting the bills....

bills&sabresmvf
02-07-2008, 01:44 AM
pay off someone to force Ralph to sell the team now to someone who wants to keep the team here. If he dies and it goes to the highest bidder, there's no chance they'll keep it here. I gotta sleep. Good talks!

Michael82
02-07-2008, 02:03 AM
but they have nothing to directly garner from supporting the bills....
EXACTLY! Including Ralph Wilson himself. He doesn't even live in Buffalo or Western NY. How does he know how bad it really is? :scratch:

Bill Brasky
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
You can't make money in the Buffalo market.

you could if you didn't bash your fellow investors.

ralph made a terrible business move by bashing the city, box holders, and ticket holders that have padded his wallet for years. what has he given in return? a terrible product (which would explain the low prices - prove you can win and people will pay more) and he bashes the area every chance he gets.

the fanbase here is strong, but wilson has really talked down on us for years. it doesn't help moral. the way he's treated us combined with the product he's put on the field the past 10 years, he's lucky to get an avg of 46$. you think people in NYC would pay top dollar if the Giants or Jets sucked for almost a decade?