PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get This Straight Right Now...

patmoran2006
02-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't want to talk about the Buffalo Bills in terms that they may leave Buffalo. I don't want to talk about the football game coming to Toronto. I don't want to talk about Ralph Wilson is right or wrong when it comes to the economics of the league. These are all legit topics that get pounded in here again and again, and maybe there isn't a right/wrong or black/white answer to these issues.

But in all my years of listening to this old rat (Wilson) and I'm not exaggerating here, he's pissed me off many times. But honestly, In all my years of listening to his babbling press conferences, I have NEVER once been more livid with this ******* than I am right now.

It's bad enough that Buffalo has been pretty much a laughinstock around the league for the past decade because of the performance on the field. You can say the same thing about our actions and perception off it as well.

From local writers like Jerry Sullivan to biased national media "experts" (aka scumbags) like Chris Mortenson and John Clayton; this team and it's organization takes a beating in the media. It trickles down to the actual city and community of Western New York as well.

So if that's not bad enough. We have a ****ing owner today who downgraded and frankly, dissed this community and the team on his OWN. Who needs ****ing Mort and Clayton to dis the Bills and Buffalo when our very OWN ****ing OWNER can do it for them!!!

He jokes at a press conference in another city about how bad our football was last year (Way to really attract potential free agents you dickhead). Then to make matters worse, he goes on the offensive about how POOR our community is, and how if it wasn't for Rochester helping us "regionalizing" Buffalo would've basically became a ghostown after the Bills left. He also goes on to give the credit to our season tickets and game tickets sales to the marketing department.. Why would you want to do something stupid like stand up for the 70,000 people who spend money to see your loser product every home game!? He pretty much, jokingly or not; pleads with Torontonians to come to WNY to bring tourism to our little **** community (which is how and MANY other people perceived his comments)

I am NOT and won't debate on the merits of what he's saying. That is not my point. My point is what kind of ****ing owner goes on the offensive PUBLICLY on his own football team and its city? At work today I heard two hours of NON STOP calls on WGR from fans livid that our owner made this city look like a bunch of poorous *******s.

I don't LIKE the ideal of merging with Toronto with Football, but it seems like a reality. But what I hate more than anything, is a peice of ****, 90-something year old rich, ungrateful ****ing duechbag taking jabs at the community that has sold out his stadium for decades and made him MILLIONS. YOu can sell the idea of us needing Toronto to be viable without EMBARASSING yourself, the team and the community in the process.

What player in the right ****ing minds would want to play for an owner like this?

Ralph Wilson- in every sense of the word, you are an ungrateful, greedy scumbag. Stop holding this franchise and this community hostage to your daily bull****. You arent the ONLY small market owner in the NFL, yet you complain and ***** more than anyone else. TO make it worse, you dis your OWN team and make this community perceived as a poor, worthless WNY.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
What's really sad is that there are people out there who will still defend this no winning POS.

YardRat
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
The truth hurts. Was anything Ralph said fabricated or closer to opinion than the actual truth?

That being said, he really should back away from speaking publicly, if not completely than close to it. It's pretty painful to watch.

gr8slayer
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
This situation is confusing from the outside looking in; the locals will tell you that the economy is on the rise and that everything is just going up and up.

Then you have people like Ralph say **** like this. Which is it?

YardRat
02-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Look at it this way

This situation is confusing from the outside looking in; the locals will tell you that the economy is on the rise and that everything is just going up and up.

= The JPD, Losmanites, homers, etc.

Then you have people like Ralph say **** like this. Which is it?

= Realists, Trentards, etc.

yordad
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Gez, I guess I am going to have to hear this for myself. Do you know where I can?

methos4ever
02-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Well if you're talking to the people that live there and experience it, I'm sure it's looking better. But I know a couple of people who work in the assembly in albany that see daily the number of measures the state is making to ensure that should Western NY itself becomes totally economically depressed the rest of the state won't suffer. Which, to me, is scarier than the Bills leaving town. Some folks in this area can't just "leave".

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 06:31 PM
The truth hurts. Was anything Ralph said fabricated or closer to opinion than the actual truth?

Personally I thought it was pretty damn funny when Ralph said, ""Last year our offense wasn't too good. I asked the league to change it so we had 6 downs...because when we had 4 we would hand off, hand off, pass, punt. Maybe if we had 6 downs we could get 10 yards"

Obviously he is not a Losman fan.

Nighthawk
02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm a recruiter and the economy is definitely getting better...I see it every day. Buffalo is slowly, but surely turning from a manufacturing hub, to a Medical hub with the new UB Medical campus downtown. This, in turn, is creating offshoot business, such as old buildings being turned into apartments, flats and homes. Buffalo is definitely better off today, than it was 5 or even 10 years ago. Is it New York City, Boston or Chicago? Well, no, it isn't, but isn't it about time we stop comparing ourselves to these cities and actually create our own identity? Anybody who supports Ralph is as clueless as he is. Buffalo needs to stop the negativity and promote the positives and show some initiative to turn the tide.

Nighthawk
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Well if you're talking to the people that live there and experience it, I'm sure it's looking better. But I know a couple of people who work in the assembly in albany that see daily the number of measures the state is making to ensure that should Western NY itself becomes totally economically depressed the rest of the state won't suffer. Which, to me, is scarier than the Bills leaving town. Some folks in this area can't just "leave".

Well, if Albany would actually utilize some money we pay in taxes to help this area and not NYC and themselves, then maybe we could actually move the growth forward faster. Buffalo's biggest problem is the state...not WNY! However, there seems to be some people on this board who just don't understand that.

Goobylal
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Personally I thought it was pretty damn funny when Ralph said, ""Last year our offense wasn't too good. I asked the league to change it so we had 6 downs...because when we had 4 we would hand off, hand off, pass, punt. Maybe if we had 6 downs we could get 10 yards"

Obviously he is not a Losman fan.
LOL! Trent started more games than JP.

raphael120
02-06-2008, 08:23 PM

I don't know if it was more of a shot at Fairchild. He mentioned before he said it that we have a new OC and everything...but at the same token...guess whose fault that hire is??

TacklingDummy
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM

Yes, but the Bills went 4 and out alot more with Losman.

Mitchy moo
02-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Pat, please load all of your frustration into this one post. You usually snap & keep requoting yourself everywhere, please spare us. TIA.

eyedog
02-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I really think Ralph has lost it. Seriously he sounded like a senile old man today. Trying to sound funny talking about our poor offense and Canadian Club, I was actually embarressed for him.