PDA

View Full Version : Contact Governor Spitzer

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
If you are concerned about the Bills eventually leaving town you need to voice your opinion with the Governor of New York State

Lets flood this guy with personal E-mail and wake him up to the issue while there is still time!

Tell Governor Spitzer that the Buffalo Bills are the key to Buffalo's economy and you expect action from his office.

Click on the link below and look for CONTACT THE GOVERNOR.

He would love to hear from you! (lol)

Please, Please write him a letter or you may regret it later!

Also, Please contact other Bills fans and forward the E-mail address.( This is very important)

Lets wake him up to the issue and if enough fans flood his office, I guarantee he will be forced to get involved!

THIS IS YOUR TEAM GUYS, don't allow Toronto to steal it from you without a fight.

PLEASE BUMP THIS THREAD AND KEEP IT AT THE TOP....that will help!

http://www.ny.gov/governor/

FlyingDutchman
02-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Spitzer is one of the few guys to come into office that as ever been concerned about any place other NYC and Albany. Im sure he will do what he can.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Great idea Wally. Lets do what we can. Who knows if it will have any impact what so ever but it can't hurt to try. Look at the online petition Op started down in DC....

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I am in the process of spreading the word to the Governor and I am surehe will get swamped with E-mail

And he should!

TacklingDummy
02-07-2008, 08:57 AM
The state has billions of dollars in budget deficit. I doubt the state is going to help any.

What has Spitzer done for anything north of NYC in his 1 year as governor?

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 09:01 AM
The state has billions of dollars in budget deficit. I doubt the state is going to help any.

Should the Bills leave Buffalo the impact would be huge.

Sometimes you need to spend money to make money.

150,000 WNY's are now paying taxes in Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Charlotte,

I am sure he know he has got to stop the flow of fans to the south.

FlyingDutchman

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/nyregion/17upstate.html

DraftBoy
Im sure these will all be caught by his intern and you guys will get a nice format reply

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't cloud this with facts man.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Im sure these will all be caught by his intern and you guys will get a nice format reply
So we should just do nothing?

FlyingDutchman
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/48739913_new-york-governor-spitzer-announces-targeted-econo

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM

I plan on sending him mail every day till he addresses the issue.

His replies are welcome (lol)

FlyingDutchman
02-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Don't cloud this with facts man.

its a proposal and a plan. what "facts" are you talking about?

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I plan on sending him mail every day till he addresses the issue.

His replies are welcome (lol)
Good.

TacklingDummy
02-07-2008, 09:08 AM

You really think that 1 billion dollars is going to do anything to create jobs and stop people from leaving Upstate, Western, and Central NY?

Is that 1 billion dollars going to decrease mine/yours/businesses property tax, county tax, energy bill, gas prices etc...??? NO, NO, NO, NO, etc...

RedEyE
02-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I'll send something as well even though I don't still reside in NY.

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I'll send something as well even though I don't still reside in NY.
You probaby still support the team and I am sure you want them to stay there.
Any help is apreciated! THANKS

FlyingDutchman
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
You really think that 1 billion dollars is going to do anything to create jobs and stop people from leaving Upstate, Western, and Central NY?

Is that 1 billion dollars going to decrease mine/yours/businesses property tax, county tax, energy bill, gas prices etc...??? NO, NO, NO, NO, etc...

You asked what he has done. I gave you an example. At least hes not sitting back doing nothing. He is genuinely concerned.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
its a proposal and a plan. what "facts" are you talking about?
Dude I was being sarcastic and agreeing with you.

FlyingDutchman
02-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Dude I was being sarcastic and agreeing with you.

:respect:

TacklingDummy
02-07-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/48739913_new-york-governor-spitzer-announces-targeted-econo

I've heard all the propaganda before. I live near 2 area's, Griffis Technology Park and Oneida County Airport, that were suppose to create thousands of jobs. Still waiting...

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I've heard all the propaganda before. I live near 2 area's, Griffis Technology Park and Oneida County Airport, that were suppose to create thousands of jobs. Still waiting...
This is the exact bull**** attitude that needs to go away already. "because it didn't happen before it won't happen now., blah blah blah" :puke:

DraftBoy
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM

No you should do something that isnt done every day, you'll be looked at like any other wacko ass citizen with some stupid gripe. Do something new if you want to gain traction, like what Op did. Emails aren't going to do anything.

TacklingDummy
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
This is the exact bull**** attitude that needs to go away already. "because it didn't happen before it won't happen now., blah blah blah" :puke:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Guys, lets face it, You may never send a more important E-mail as fans.

I guarentee you if you send enough mail you will get a response!

Unless we try, we will regret it later!

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
No you should do something that isnt done every day, you'll be looked at like any other wacko ass citizen with some stupid gripe. Do something new if you want to gain traction, like what Op did. Emails aren't going to do anything.
Could we do both? :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.
Sure that is fair but don't **** all over the idea. That has no benefit at all.

TacklingDummy
02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Guys, lets face it, You may never send a more important E-mail as fans.

I guarentee you if you send enough mail you will get a response!

Unless we try, we will regret it later!

The only problem I have is what are you suppose to email Spitzer about? I haven't read anywhere that the Bills are thinking of moving. Besides from the usual anti-Ralph people who post here.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
The only problem I have is what are you suppose to email Spitzer about? I haven't read anywhere that the Bills are thinking of moving. Besides from the usual anti-Ralph people who post here.
Maybe just voicing your concerns about a possible move and the importance the team in the area :idunno:

RedEyE
02-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Here's my email (minus typos):

Governor Spitzer,

I'm writing in response to the recent events that have transpired at One Bills Drive, in Buffalo, NY. It appears that the Buffalo Bills are slowly extracting themselves from the WNY area as the NFL continues to cuff the hands of owner Mr. Ralph Wilson. The financial restraints of the business has all but doomed the Bills in WNY. Starting this season, the Bills will play at least one home game in Toronto, Canada for the next 8 seasons. This latest news, along with the ongoing negative reports of the local economy directly from the owner of the Buffalo Bills pretty much spells out the future of our fair city.

I know many politiicans probably do not have the time to keep up with things like professional sports. I'm writing to tell you that the Buffalo Bills are more than an NFL franchise. They're much more than a televised "game" founded on Capitalist ideals. The Buffalo Bills have become the heart..the icon of our fair city. This team is the thread that cannot be cut. If Buffalo loses the Bills, then Buffalo and the state of NY loses. The Bills are the glue of a wonderful community and without them I fear the already rocky foundation of Buffalo and Erie County will have been left to crumble under the first Lake Erie gale that blows.

By allowing the Bills to flee Buffalo you, NY state, the NFL, and MR. Wilson will have given up the last binding artifact that melds the soul of Buffalo. Many agree that after decades of economic failure, the city of Buffalo is on a rebound and replacing old industry with new business. The city of Buffalo has a snow blinding future and many that have left years ago are begining to flock back to roots they've left planted in frozen ground.

Some of these people will bring new business, others education and skills...all will bring with them the moral and fundamentals they grew up with. The same morals and fundamentals that exist today in Western New York. Each community, each house and home in WNY has felt these same morals and fundamentals. These same orals and fundamentals that are dead across the rest of the country. Once a Buffalonian, always a Buffalonian. Much like a birth mark, being a part of the Buffalo community is something everyone cherishes whether they live here today or left 15 - 20 years ago.

Let me ask you, if you snip the final thread of this dangling economy, one that's slowly climbing back in declining nation, what have you done besides give up? What have you established by washing your hands that lie on the hearts of each and everyone of us that look to the one thing that has given us hope for 48 years?

I beg you to do whatever is in your power to keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo.

Goobylal
02-07-2008, 09:40 AM
When you e-mail Spitzer, mention the idea of getting the NFL to allow the Bills to be publicly owned, a la the Packers. Also e-mail Chuck Schumer.

RedEyE
02-07-2008, 09:43 AM
When you e-mail Spitzer, mention the idea of getting the NFL to allow the Bills to be publicly owned, a la the Packers. Also e-mail Chuck Schumer.

This a good idea. The NFL disallows such ideas but if the govt gets involved things might turn in our favor.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 09:44 AM
It is not allowed per NFL rules. The packers are exempt as they formed before the rule

RedEyE
02-07-2008, 09:49 AM
It is not allowed per NFL rules. The packers are exempt as they formed before the rule

I think if the govt gets involved enough these rules could be ammended. It actually makes more sense, pumping the money directly back into the pockets of the city then in the bank account of a gluttonous, private onwer.

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM

First of all, the Buffalo Braves said they were never leaving town also!

Second, it is important to address the problem in the early stages while we still have time.

I Sent this with my letter to Spitzer

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/15/20080201_Brunt_on_Bills

Goobylal
02-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Yep, what RedEye said. It's the NFL's rule. And rules can be changed. Especially with a little incentive, a la the threat of revoking the NFL's anti-trust exemption.

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
I was reading an Article years back about an NFL teams territorial rights and if I understand it right, Should the Bills leave town and move to Toronto.
The Bills would need to confinsate Toronto should Buffalo ever get another team as they would fall in Toronto's area!

That could destroy any chance to get another team should Buffalo economy pick up!

Is that right?

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM

We will get a new Peace Bridge after cars are extinct!

Johnny Bugmenot
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I plan on sending him mail every day till he addresses the issue

Two words: Spam Filter.

Eliot Spitzer wants upstate to become NYC's welfare state. He doesn't care about the well being of the team, just something to keep the helpless sheeple here dependent on Mother Spitzer, Shelly Silver.

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Two words: Spam Filter.

Eliot Spitzer wants upstate to become NYC's welfare state. He doesn't care about the well being of the team, just something to keep the helpless sheeple here dependent on Mother Spitzer, Shelly Silver.

I hope it works well for his sake!

trapezeus
02-07-2008, 10:27 PM
To those who just laugh at the idea of contacting your representatives, remember the idea is that they work for you, not that they are your parents and tell you what to do. If you don't voice your concerns, don't be the sour apple that wonders how it all went wrong.

Here was my letter for what it's worth:

To Governor Spitzer,

While I currently live in New York City, my parents live in Buffalo and I grew up in Buffalo. We are all Bills fans, and I fly back to Buffalo 8 times a year to cheer on my beloved Bills. With Tickets, airfare, etc, it costs me over $3000 a year to partake in watching my bills. But hey, it's in my blood.

The recent news and the current rumors seem to point to the Bills leaving for Toronto for good. I understand the economics behind why those changes may happen. But what i don't understand is how the NFL, a company that has countless government subsidiaries from Stadium deals to Anti-trust exemptions, can hold a town hostage like this. When they have needed our help, the taxpayers came through for them. We provided them welfare when they are least dependent on it. We need our leaders to help the city of Buffalo and its fans to keep one of its treasures in its rightful homes.

The NFL has said over and over again that we are a small market. That we don't bring in enough revenue. However, the Bills do not operate in the red. They are profitable. Not every team can make the same revenue. I don't see how someone who has turned a $25,000 investment into a $700MM asset can complain when the asset is still yielding him a return.

And to compound problems, the NFL isn't helping pay for a stadium deal for Buffalo. They'll do it for the Jets, a team that has the strength to fund a stadium themselves. The NFL isn't helping Buffalo with holding the draft there, or showcasing the team in decent light. It doesn't go out of its way to help the market that they are currently in.

Instead it cowardly has been hinting that it'd like to cut and run. I don't expect that kind of behavior out of respectable people or companies. And with the NFL being one of the largest and most profitable companies, i think they should do more to strengthen the commmunity, the team, and the fanbase world wide.

The town's very soul will go if this team leaves, and I hope that you and your staff can seriously look into helping preserve their ability to stay in Buffalo. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I hope that you can work to find one. If I can help in anyway, i would love to be contacted.

Thank you for reading this. I hope you are able to put our fears to rest. The city and the fans of the bills are counting on you.

Regards,
Kevin Shenoy

T

yordad
02-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Gez, maybe I'll just mix and match yourguys's.

RedEyE
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
To those who just laugh at the idea of contacting your representatives, remember the idea is that they work for you, not that they are your parents and tell you what to do. If you don't voice your concerns, don't be the sour apple that wonders how it all went wrong.

To Governor Spitzer,

While I currently live in New York City, my parents live in Buffalo and I grew up in Buffalo. We are all Bills fans, and I fly back to Buffalo 8 times a year to cheer on my beloved Bills. With Tickets, airfare, etc, it costs me over $3000 a year to partake in watching my bills. But hey, it's in my blood.

The recent news and the current rumors seem to point to the Bills leaving for Toronto for good. I understand the economics behind why those changes may happen. But what i don't understand is how the NFL, a company that has countless government subsidiaries from Stadium deals to Anti-trust exemptions, can hold a town hostage like this. When they have needed our help, the taxpayers came through for them. We provided them welfare when they are least dependent on it. We need our leaders to help the city of Buffalo and its fans to keep one of its treasures in its rightful homes.

The NFL has said over and over again that we are a small market. That we don't bring in enough revenue. However, the Bills do not operate in the red. They are profitable. Not every team can make the same revenue. I don't see how someone who has turned a $25,000 investment into a $700MM asset can complain when the asset is still yielding him a return.

And to compound problems, the NFL isn't helping pay for a stadium deal for Buffalo. They'll do it for the Jets, a team that has the strength to fund a stadium themselves. The NFL isn't helping Buffalo with holding the draft there, or showcasing the team in decent light. It doesn't go out of its way to help the market that they are currently in.

Instead it cowardly has been hinting that it'd like to cut and run. I don't expect that kind of behavior out of respectable people or companies. And with the NFL being one of the largest and most profitable companies, i think they should do more to strengthen the commmunity, the team, and the fanbase world wide.

The town's very soul will go if this team leaves, and I hope that you and your staff can seriously look into helping preserve their ability to stay in Buffalo. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I hope that you can work to find one. If I can help in anyway, i would love to be contacted.

Thank you for reading this. I hope you are able to put our fears to rest. The city and the fans of the bills are counting on you.

Regards,
Kevin Shenoy

T

Nice Kevin!! Sound facts!

Wally The Barber
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM

To Governor Spitzer,

Regards,
Kevin Shenoy

T

Thank you for a great E-mail, we need more like yours!

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
No, you should sue somebody.

Wally The Barber
02-08-2008, 08:36 AM
No, you should sue somebody.

Now, if we can only find an attorney that likes to SUE (LOL)

Bill Brasky
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
hilarious how one guy suggests an idea and people sign into the thread to put it down. this is a great example of why WNY continues to die a slow death... some people want to be part of the solution, while others continue to be part of the f'n problem.

the area is in economic hell and nitpicking the positive ideas won't help at all. get off your asses and make it happen, our govt won't.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Now, if we can only find an attorney that likes to SUE (LOL)
Draftboy?

Wally The Barber
02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
hilarious how one guy suggests an idea and people sign into the thread to put it down. this is a great example of why WNY continues to die a slow death... some people want to be part of the solution, while others continue to be part of the f'n problem.

the area is in economic hell and nitpicking the positive ideas won't help at all. get off your asses and make it happen, our govt won't.

Our plan is to provide the situation to Spitzer and with enough E-mail,draw a reponse.

I want specific plans he has for Buffalo's economy.

I also want him to understand that the future of WNY will be directly tied to action taken TODAY....not 5 years from now!

Why is Toronto rich and Buffalo poor?

I guess the energy excuse makes no sense as they have winter too!

Is New York State the main cause of a poor economy in Buffalo?

Tiburon1724
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
The Bills are the only NFL team to play in New York. They're critical to a huge part of the state.

bflojohn
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I did my part in regards to this issue. I happen to think that ANY political pressure would keep the dogs at bay, so to speak!!

Wally The Barber
02-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Pllease keep me informed should Spitzer address the subject, I have seen nothing so far.

Wys Guy
02-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Contact Governor Spitzer

If you are concerned about the Bills eventually leaving town you need to voice your opinion with the Governor of New York State

Lets flood this guy with personal E-mail and wake him up to the issue while there is still time!

Tell Governor Spitzer that the Buffalo Bills are the key to Buffalo's economy and you expect action from his office.

Also, Please contact other Bills fans and forward the E-mail address.( This is very important)

Lets wake him up to the issue and if enough fans flood his office, I guarantee he will be forced to get involved!

THIS IS YOUR TEAM GUYS, don't allow Toronto to steal it from you without a fight.

Yeah, bang on his door insisting that your taxes up there aren't high enough yet. "Great idea Joel! Where else can you get a cup of hot chocolate for $4.50!"

The Bills are the key to Buffalo's economy? It's a known fact that pro (major league) sports teams take more from the tax base than they give it back. Hence why depressed regions cannot sustain pro (major league) teams.

imbondz
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
i'll be writing a letter too.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-09-2008, 02:38 PM
It's a known fact that pro (major league) sports teams take more from the tax base than they give it back.

"Known fact?" I doubt it. The "Red Budget" didn't come around the same year as the NHL lockout by coincidence. Now, if you're building half-billion-dollar+ stadia on the taxpayer dole, then yes, it is a net loss.

Wally The Barber
02-10-2008, 08:04 AM
bump...........

JD
02-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the sticky. I sent mine in, lets hope more people actually care and ****ing do something instead of sitting around with their thumb up their asses.

Wally The Barber
02-11-2008, 05:04 AM
I am writing my 3rd letter today and I remind Spitzer that his office remains silent on this issue and Buffalo fans are going to hold somebody accountable if some action is not taken soon!

I am beginning to question his Leadership in New York State! The Economy in WNY is a huge issue

DraftBoy
02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Have you called to confirm your email has been read or even received?

DraftBoy

Your letter is sent then? Your local officials all contacted?

DraftBoy
Draftboy?

I study criminal law not civil

Yes I have the basic required classes in it, but Im not prepared or qualified to handle a suit like this, plus I wont be done with school for another 2-3 years.

Bill Brasky
02-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Your letter is sent then? Your local officials all contacted?

i wasn't the one who elected these do-nothings. my letter is mailed every year in the form of season-ticket renewal. the cold weather and rain drops don't deter me from going to the games unlike the professional complainers in this area.

DraftBoy
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
i wasn't the one who elected these do-nothings. my letter is mailed every year in the form of season-ticket renewal. the cold weather and rain drops don't deter me from going to the games unlike the professional complainers in this area.

So in other words you blast those that think/know that emails have been proven to have little effect on decision makers, because they aren't doing anything to sway decision makers, all the while doing nothing yourself. Interesting way of getting across your point...

Bill Brasky
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
i didn't blast anyone, bro? i just thought it was ridiculous that the guy who started this thread was trying to do something to fix the problem and people still wanted to bash his idea.

if they want to write letters/emails, good for them. it helped to get the toll booths removed along the 190, but in this situation i don't think it will do much.

DraftBoy
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
i didn't blast anyone, bro? i just thought it was ridiculous that the guy who started this thread was trying to do something to fix the problem and people still wanted to bash his idea.

if they want to write letters/emails, good for them. it helped to get the toll booths removed along the 190, but in this situation i don't think it will do much.

I agree it wont do much mainly, because I know that most receive a form letter response and the intern in charge of Spitzer's email will have to create a new folder in his docs for Buffalo Bills email. He'll monitor the number received and give it to his higher up, who will pass it on up and eventually it will get lost in problems with Health Care, Education, the Budget, Trasportation, etc...

This is why I said we need to work locally

Bill Brasky
02-11-2008, 11:46 AM
normally a good idea, but the politics up here are something else, def not what you're used to in georgia. nothing gets done on virtually every level. the ineptitude is mind-boggling, hence the massive brain drain.

DraftBoy
02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
normally a good idea, but the politics up here are something else, def not what you're used to in georgia. nothing gets done on virtually every level. the ineptitude is mind-boggling, hence the massive brain drain.

And this state of mind allows for that to happen. Just because I live in Georgia does not mean I have no idea what politics are like in New York. My family still resides there you know. All your post essentially tells me is that you've accepted that your politicians are like that and are willing to now deal with it, because what else can you do? Is this a northern thing?

Bill Brasky
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
i wasn't saying that at all. things here have remained relatively unchanged for 50 some-odd years. every time the people stand up and try to get things fixed they're blocked by politicians who somehow know how to spend our money better than we do, or some community activist group hell bent on saving a 200 year old tree. it's downright ridiculous at times.

people here are still paying tolls for a thruway system that was supossed to rid itself of tolls decades ago.

you may recall i posted on this topic and was ridiculed for making a big deal out of a small situation. perfect example of what i'm talking about. most people here seem to throw all their eggs in one basket... they only deal with an issue when it becomes too large to fix... when all they needed to do was give attention to the small details instead of turning a blind eye.

DraftBoy
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
i wasn't saying that at all. things here have remained relatively unchanged for 50 some-odd years. every time the people stand up and try to get things fixed they're blocked by politicians who somehow know how to spend our money better than we do, or some community activist group hell bent on saving a 200 year old tree. it's downright ridiculous at times.

people here are still paying tolls for a thruway system that was supossed to rid itself of tolls decades ago.

you may recall i posted on this topic and was ridiculed for making a big deal out of a small situation. perfect example of what i'm talking about. most people here seem to throw all their eggs in one basket... they only deal with an issue when it becomes too large to fix... when all they needed to do was give attention to the small details instead of turning a blind eye.

You're not telling me anything I havent already said. But to make a difference on this issue, emailing the governor isnt going to make an impact. Start locally with city councilmen, develop relationships and exert influence.

Voltron
02-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Everyone that wants to blame Ralph needs to read this article from the front page and look in the mirror for the answer of why Buffalo may lose it's team.

Wilson not the one at fault (http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/bobdicesare/story/273616.html)

HotRod
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Sent an email.

Wally The Barber
02-19-2008, 06:08 AM
I am sending another one today...........we can't afford to let up!

Michael82
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Good post! :bf1:

DraftBoy
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I made a phone call, didnt get around to talking about the Bills though

Cntrygal
03-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Well... now we know where his priorities were. :sigh:

Do you think the emails got forwarded to the new guy?

Mitchell55
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM

LETS SEND HIM A STRIPER. Then the bills will stay for sure.:bandwagon

blackonyx89
03-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Shouldn't this be changed to CONTACT DAVE PATTERSON?

Dozerdog
03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
We shouilda sent him 3 Jills and a couple magnums of champagne