THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=3037

:bf1:

blackonyx89
02-07-2008, 12:30 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=3037

:bf1:

That's somewhat comforting to know. I hate to see Ralph pull an Art Modell and do Mayflower sneak move in the middle of the night like he did in Cleveland.

Michael82
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
:phew:

Ed
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't know how this changes anything. Ralph has always maintained and pretty much guaranteed that the Bills will remain in Buffalo as long as he owns the team and that he has no intention of ever selling the team.

So this assurance isn't anything new or change anything. He's just saying the same thing he's always said.

Jan Reimers
02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of Schumer, but he's a powerful guy who will fight to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I'm glad to have him with us.

Wally The Barber
02-07-2008, 02:21 PM
This is great but can I ask you a few Questions MR Schumar..

#1 Ralph says the team will go up for sale when he passes away.
The Toronto owners are richer than 95% of the NFL owners

Since Toronto will have already tested the market with the Bills in town 8 times, won't this be a pretty simple vote by existing NFL owners?
Won't the current NFL owners just say, "oh Well, its close to Buffalo"

Also, Isn't there a territorial right to existing NFL teams that say no team can be added inside their market? Buffalo would fall inside Toronto's market!

Should the economy pick up in Buffalo,it is posible that Toronto owners could nix the deal for even an expansion team.

Answer.... We need to keep the Bills here and we need to do everything possible!

We can not rely on the words of a guy who simply said, " I can not predict the future"

Night Train
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
The agreement with Toronto runs through 2012. That's the same year our Erie county stadium lease expires.

Feel free to connect the dots.

RedEyE
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
The agreement with Toronto runs through 2012. That's the same year our Erie county stadium lease expires.

Feel free to connect the dots.

Nice correlation. Hopefully Wilson gives up the team by then.

Midwesternbillsfan
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
At the risk of saying something inflammatory- and I admit that I have been a Bills' fan since 1991 but have no direct connection to WNY other than Buffalo (my other favorite teams are the Detroit Pistons and New York Mets; there is no geographical symmetry)- I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo but I just pray that the local market picks up and that the NFL doesn't (continue to) leave the Bills behind.

The Bills already have had eight consecutive seasons with no playoffs and while I believe we could potentially be one productive offseason away from ending that streak, the ends are already somewhat annually stacked against the Bills; using 'cash to the cap' (even if we're not alone) and only barely exceeding the minimum salary cap of 85% of the full cap, i.e. not being able to use all the resources at the disposal of most other franchises, that means the Bills' front-office has very little margin of error. There are many other teams in other markets who haven't have to self-impose these type of constraints, though that number is apparently rising w/the likelihood of finding nine owners repudiating the collective bargaining agreement signed in March of '06 increasing. Still, for me it isn't enough to have a team in Buffalo; that team must be capable of staying competitive. I just hope that this partial "merge" does generate enough revenue to keep the Bills viable in Buffalo.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Since when did Schumer care about anything upstate other than to pander for votes?

That's all that Long Island liberal cares about, just like the rest of New York's politicians.