• Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Flutie may have know about Pats.

Does Flutie know about Pats?

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:22 AM ET | Link

DOES FLUTIE KNOW ABOUT PATS MISDEEDS?: I Was made aware of an interesting comment by Dan LeBatard, the ESPN talk show host out of Miami who is also a columnist for the Miami Herald. In his Q&A forum in the Herald someone asks him the question below. The tail end of his response (in bold), which gets into the cheating of the Patriots mentions Doug Flutie and his alleged knowledge of it while he played there in the final year of his career in 2005. It's all hearsay I guess so take it for what it's worth. But this Matt Walsh stuff may just be the tip of the iceberg. Reporters in New England are really going to be digging now.
    Q: Doesn't Arlen Specter & the US Senate have more important concerns than how the NFL handles its disciplinary matters? Is this what they need all of that tax money for?
    Pete, Lebanon, PA 2/01/08

A: Yes, but if congress is going to be involved in steroids it should be involved in this too....its the same crap....i'll never understand why people make the distinction between steroids and spygate....it is the same thing.....what do you hear with spygate? everyone does it. well, yeah, but same goes for steroids, right? we are now learning that EVERYONE DID IT....and yet steroids creates hysteria and everyone in football talks about spygate being overblown....they won three super bowls by three points...it wouldn't take much of an advantage to be a HUGE advantage....this story have been overcovered but underreported....i've heard second hand about doug flutie being amazed when he got there that the plays were being piped into his helmet warning brady what was coming.....we've tried to talk to flutie on our radio show about it but he hangs up on my producer.....
    Dan Le Batard 2/04/08

Seriously, this stuff just keeps getting better and better. It looks like the Pats will have to keep backpedaling all off-season. Want to create an instant fanbase that wasn't there before? Cheat like a sonofa*****!
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Flutie may have know about Pats.

Wow, the more and more I hear about this, the more pissed I get. Somebody's head better roll for all their cheating ****. The Patriots were a dynasty because they stole the championship. ****ers!

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

more please.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I can't get enough either.

This is going to be the best off season ever!

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

My favorite part...

If all this true Mr. Brady becomes the same avg. QB he was back in Michigan. All his achievements, even if any were done w/o cheating, becomes null and void.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

The more I hear, the more pissed I get too. But, I love every second of it.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I hope they get caught, they are defintly cheating, Bill Behlichek is the most overrated coach in the game, next to wade phillips, and Herman Edwards,

I played ball my whole life at a pretty high level, and there is just no way that any team can dominate like this with out something goin on, with the technology and the game prep there is no way that a team or 2 wouldnt have figured them out by now,
              I really think the NFL also knew about it and let it happen because of the marketablilty of this team, and pretty boy Brady
              Never in salray cap trouble, always get the calls, hmmmmmm....
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Especially considering that they never that kind of talent to dominate teams like that. Most of their wins were squeakers, even in the SB, and I always knew some crap was going down when you you saw Brady instantly throw to the open guy. No one reads the field that fast. I'm sure they had no info on the Giants and no tech help and look what happened in the Super Bowl. They got mauled.

I can deal with a true dominating dynasty like the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, and 90's Cowboys. I can't stand a sham dynasty loaded with average at best talent hacks like Bruschi and all the WRs and DBs they had before this season. Seriously, remember that year where they had a ton of injuries but kept on winning. Tell me something wasn't going on then. Their scouting department aint that good.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Belicheck and Kraft should be banned for life if any more evidence comes forward.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i hope they take the rest of their draft picks!
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

If it is shown that this goes back to 2000 season, the Patriots should be severely punished--and I don't say this because the Patriots are rivals of the Bills in the AFC East, but because having a franchise go outside of the rules to gain a competitive edge cannot and must not be tolerated by the NFL if it is going to retain its credibility with fans. Therefore, I would favor the following punishment:

B.Belichick should be banned from coaching in the NFL for life, with the opportunity to apply for reinstatement after 8 years (the length of his tenure to this point as HC of the Patriots).

The Patriots should be prohibited from promoting any assistant coaches currently on their staff. Any replacement for Belichick as head coach must come from outside of the organization and may not have coached or played for the Patriots at any time from 2000 to 2007.

The Patriots should forfeit their # 1 draft pick and any other # 1 draft picks they may possess for the next three years and all of the draft picks that they have this season. Regardless of where they finish, the picks that they currently possess over the remaining two years of this period should be dropped to the bottom of each round in those drafts.

The Patriots should be fined the entire amount of their rookie salary cap--the cash from the fine being used to be put into an emergency relief fund for disabled retired players--for five years, with the entire amount of the fine counting against the team's salary cap for each of those seasons.

Additionally, the Patriots' franchise should be fined $ 10 million per year for every season from 2000 to 2008--the amount to further fund the emergency relief fund.

And, finally, the Patriots franchise must retroactively forfeit all games, trophies and team awards it has won since 2000, including all Super Bowl trophies.

This would result in Belichick being out of the league and the Patriots not being able to replace him with any coach or player who was with the team during his tenure with them. The loss of draft picks would severely cripple the team's ability to compete at the highest levels going forward without impacting the contracts of any of the players currently on the roster (which could be a problem with the union) and the fines would prevent the team from the unused money from its rookie pool to sign free agents to replace the talent loss occasioned by the loss of draft picks--all of which would likely drop the team to the bottom of the league at some point. The Players Union might object to the fact that players would not be receiving the money taken from the Patriots by these fines, but would be compensated by the PR value of having the entire amount put into a fund to benefit disabled retired players. And, of course, the franchise would suffer the humiliation of having to forfeit all of the Super Bowl Trophies, AFC Championships, Divisional Championships, awards and games won during the period.

Such a severe punishment would send a stern message to every franchise in the NFL that cheating will not be tolerated and that any franchise or coaching staff is found not to be abiding by the rule will suffer financially and on the field. Going forward, I don't think that there would be many franchises that would be willing to risk slapped with this kind of punishment for going outside of the rules to gain a competitive edge over the competition.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                        • Oct 2002

In the words of clump..

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          If it is shown that this goes back to 2000 season, the Patriots should be severely punished--and I don't say this because the Patriots are rivals of the Bills in the AFC East, but because having a franchise go outside of the rules to gain a competitive edge cannot and must not be tolerated by the NFL if it is going to retain its credibility with fans. Therefore, I would favor the following punishment:

B.Belichick should be banned from coaching in the NFL for life, with the opportunity to apply for reinstatement after 8 years (the length of his tenure to this point as HC of the Patriots).

The Patriots should be prohibited from promoting any assistant coaches currently on their staff. Any replacement for Belichick as head coach must come from outside of the organization and may not have coached or played for the Patriots at any time from 2000 to 2007.

The Patriots should forfeit their # 1 draft pick and any other # 1 draft picks they may possess for the next three years and all of the draft picks that they have this season. Regardless of where they finish, the picks that they currently possess over the remaining two years of this period should be dropped to the bottom of each round in those drafts.

The Patriots should be fined the entire amount of their rookie salary cap--the cash from the fine being used to be put into an emergency relief fund for disabled retired players--for five years, with the entire amount of the fine counting against the team's salary cap for each of those seasons.

Additionally, the Patriots' franchise should be fined $ 10 million per year for every season from 2000 to 2008--the amount to further fund the emergency relief fund.

And, finally, the Patriots franchise must retroactively forfeit all games, trophies and team awards it has won since 2000, including all Super Bowl trophies.

This would result in Belichick being out of the league and the Patriots not being able to replace him with any coach or player who was with the team during his tenure with them. The loss of draft picks would severely cripple the team's ability to compete at the highest levels going forward without impacting the contracts of any of the players currently on the roster (which could be a problem with the union) and the fines would prevent the team from the unused money from its rookie pool to sign free agents to replace the talent loss occasioned by the loss of draft picks--all of which would likely drop the team to the bottom of the league at some point. The Players Union might object to the fact that players would not be receiving the money taken from the Patriots by these fines, but would be compensated by the PR value of having the entire amount put into a fund to benefit disabled retired players. And, of course, the franchise would suffer the humiliation of having to forfeit all of the Super Bowl Trophies, AFC Championships, Divisional Championships, awards and games won during the period.

Such a severe punishment would send a stern message to every franchise in the NFL that cheating will not be tolerated and that any franchise or coaching staff is found not to be abiding by the rule will suffer financially and on the field. Going forward, I don't think that there would be many franchises that would be willing to risk slapped with this kind of punishment for going outside of the rules to gain a competitive edge over the competition.
                          I like it...The NCAA has their version of the dreaded 'death sentence' sanctions for college teams that violate rules, the NFL should have one also.

Besides, once the shame and humiliation sets in with the fans and they quit supporting their band of criminals, the league can pack up their Patriot asses and move them to LA.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan

Wow! I thought I was harsh. That would be awesome if Roger Goodell did that. But if there is anymore punishment, I forsee Belichick will be suspended for a year and basically retire for good. The Patriots will also lose another draft pick IMO. That's it. Oh yeah, if there is proof that Bob Kraft knows about this, he will be fined several millions of dollars.

Comment

Working...
                            X