PDA

View Full Version : TWO HUNDRED and FIFTY BUCKS a seat?

im4bflo
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
:lmao: a billionaire probably does think that's okay.
But what does a blue collar guy think?
Who's going to pay that?

Mitchy moo
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
:lmao: a billionaire probably does think that's okay.
Who's going to pay that?

I'd personally pay $500 a game per seat for the whole season if it brought a better product to the field, the crap we have been fed since the start of the century has been brutal and I would pay for a real change for the better.

It may have not dawned on everybody here but the more our team earns, the more likely they are to stay our team and actually wins the games we attend. Let's just call the whole thing a working project .

Kenny
02-07-2008, 10:46 PM
It may have not dawned on everybody here but the more our team earns, the more likely they are to stay our team and actually wins the games we attend. Let's just call the whole thing a working project .

Being from Toronto, Im trying to stay out of this since I dont want to sound biased (or flamed :dance:).

But if the average ticket in Toronto does end up being $250, and all the seats get sold out, -do you really think the next owner of the Bills wont take notice of this want to move to area that will make more profit?

don137
02-08-2008, 07:25 AM
I am not saying $250 a ticket is the norm but reality is Buffalo has extremely inexpensive ticket prices. Check out other big cities like New York, New England, Washington, Dallas and see what they charge. It costs a fortune for season tickets in some of the good seats.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 07:27 AM
That's still not that bad. Is that $250 per or the average? If it's per that's freaking cheap.

THATHURMANATOR
02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I would easily pay that although End zone seats would never be that high.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
That's still not that bad. Is that $250 per or the average? If it's per that's freaking cheap.
no it's not cheap. Where the hell do you get your numbers? The average ticket price is $68. There's no way $250 per game is cheap. You are out of your mind! Here's the numbers from last season....

NFL

New England Patriots $90.91
Washington Redskins $88.59
Dallas Cowboys $84.42
New York Giants $80.97
New York Jets $79.87
Baltimore Ravens $76.94
Philadelphia Eagles $76.73
Chicago Bears $76.28
San Diego Chargers $74.82
Kansas City Chiefs $73.92
Denver Broncos $71.93
Minnesota Vikings $71.81
Indianapolis Colts $71.32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $69.71
St. Louis Rams $68.28
League average $67.83
Atlanta Falcons $66.59
Miami Dolphins $66.11
Cincinnati Bengals $66.05
Pittsburgh Steelers $66.00
Green Bay Packers $63.39
San Francisco 49ers $62.37
Oakland Raiders $61.19
Houston Texans $60.66
Carolina Panthers $60.19
Seattle Seahawks $59.07
Detroit Lions $59.01
Arizona Cardinals $57.59
New Orleans Saints $56.42
Tennessee Titans $54.09
Cleveland Browns $48.54
Buffalo Bills $46.46
Jacksonville Jaguars $45.19
Source: Texans/NFL

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
no it's not cheap. Where the hell do you get your numbers? The average ticket price is $68. There's no way $250 per game is cheap. You are out of your mind! Here's the numbers from last season....
I pay more than $250 per game and my seats aren't all that great at Texas Stadium.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I pay more than $250 per game and my seats aren't all that great at Texas Stadium.
you keep comparing the ridiculously priced Dallas Cowboys with all the other teams and consider that price cheap. You are nuts if you believe that is cheap. It may be a fair price in Dallas, Washington, New England and maybe New Jersey, but that's about it. Most of the other NFL teams average much much lower than that.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd personally pay $500 a game per seat for the whole season if it brought a better product to the field, the crap we have been fed since the start of the century has been brutal and I would pay for a real change for the better.

Everyone says that stuff until the bill comes.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
you keep comparing the ridiculously priced Dallas Cowboys with all the other teams and consider that price cheap. You are nuts if you believe that is cheap. It may be a fair price in Dallas, Washington, New England and maybe New Jersey, but that's about it. Most of the other NFL teams average much much lower than that.Well you cheap ****s are going to be the reason the Bills go bye bye, thanks *******.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Well you cheap ****s are going to be the reason the Bills go bye bye, thanks *******.
what the **** is that all about? I'm not being cheap. But you know damn well that the average ticket price all throughout the league is not $250. If it was, I have a feeling there would be at least 6-10 teams that would have to move or fold. :ill:

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
what the **** is that all about? I'm not being cheap. But you know damn well that the average ticket price all throughout the league is not $250. If it was, I have a feeling there would be at least 6-10 teams that would have to move or fold. :ill:
Yeah you are, all you mother ****ers are a bunch of cheap ****s. You want to keep the team but you don't want to pay for it, "you" doesn't necessarily mean you Mikey82 you means you ****ing locals. Though I'm sure you would be the first one to ***** about the price raise.

I got a PM from UltimateBillsFan raising hell with me saying that raising prices just isn't how it works in Buffalo because people can't afford much more. If that's the case then you don't deserve the Bills, like it or not it's a business and if someone thinks they can make more money elsewhere because of cheap ****s then they are leaving, can't say I would blame that person.

What's sad is that some of us do our part and spend more to go to one game that it will cost you to go to all eight games, too bad the people in the area don't have the same dedication to our Bills.

BAM
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
$250 is way too much for a regular season football game ticket. Especially in Buffalo.

Billz_fan
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
My take is that the average blue collar guy is going to get priced out of attending NFL games in the near future. We will be destined to Direct tv :D

Ohh yeah, and my 56 inch DLP high Def tv ;)

Michael82
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
$250 is way too much for a regular season football game ticket. Especially in Buffalo.
Exactly BAM! :hi5:

Oldbillsfan
02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
It's pretty funny to hear Ralph be critical the Bills play and then turn around and ask for 250 a seat.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah you are, all you mother ****ers are a bunch of cheap ****s. You want to keep the team but you don't want to pay for it, "you" doesn't necessarily mean you Mikey82 you means you ****ing locals. Though I'm sure you would be the first one to ***** about the price raise.

I got a PM from UltimateBillsFan raising hell with me saying that raising prices just isn't how it works in Buffalo because people can't afford much more. If that's the case then you don't deserve the Bills, like it or not it's a business and if someone thinks they can make more money elsewhere because of cheap ****s then they are leaving, can't say I would blame that person.

What's sad is that some of us do our part and spend more to go to one game that it will cost you to go to all eight games, too bad the people in the area don't have the same dedication to our Bills.
Sorry but I am sick and tired of your bull**** about us being cheap and not spending money. I spend a ton of money on the Buffalo Bills. I have season tickets, I go to one away game per year, I own tons of merchandise and try to get a new jersey each year. I go to training camp almost everyday and pay for the shuttle each time, plus I usually spend a ton of money at camp each year. I have no problems with you as a person, but the way you act around here and talk down to us locals just really irritates the hell out of me.

It's not our fault. If anything, it's the fault of all the *******s who fled town when things got a little rough. It's the fault of the NYC city government which drains the Western NY economy every year. It's the fault of *******s like Jerry Jones who think that fans enjoy shelling out $50,000 just to have the right to buy season tickets and try to get all the other teams to go his way, so he can make even more money for himself. :ill:

Yeah it's partially my fault because I support the team every single ****ing year and spend a lot of money no matter how bad the team is, this leads Ralph to go cheap on the coaching staff and admin because he knows he can. But I don't see how the **** you could say it's the local Buffalo Bills fans faults for the team leaving. That's a load of ****. :mad: :curse:

TacklingDummy
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
League average $67.83

Buffalo Bills $46.46

And Bills fans complain about the price of tickets. :rolleyes:

It's time for Ralph to increase the Bills ticket prices to at least the NFL ave.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 12:03 PM
League average $67.83

Buffalo Bills $46.46

It's time for Ralph to increase the Bills ticket prices to at least the NFL ave.
I'm fine with that. But we should get some kind of promise from him that maybe he will work on setting up the team to stay here.

im4bflo
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
League average $67.83

Buffalo Bills $46.46

That would be more than fair, but $250? that's more than double.
Are Canadians all rich, or what?!!!

Tiburon1724
02-08-2008, 01:15 PM
It's not a lot of money, really. It's 1 game a year....an event. Not a weekly thing.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 11:48 PM
It's not a lot of money, really. It's 1 game a year....an event. Not a weekly thing.
exactly. There's no way in hell it would be $250 for each game in a 10 game season if they were there. No one would go. But $250 for one game is a year is doable for them, I guess.

ParanoidAndroid
02-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Where is that figure from, anyway? There's gotta be something more to that.

Night Train
02-09-2008, 05:58 AM

I thought you were in school, complaining about the high cost of books.

Now you're paying $250+ a football ticket ?

Anyone else following this ?

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-09-2008, 07:07 AM

:rofl:

gr8slayer
02-09-2008, 08:12 AM

Paying a grand for books that cost five bucks to make will make anyone feel dirty. I think anyone who has gone to college would agree that they are way over priced and most of the time worthless because they are rarely used because most courses are lecture based.

You want to talk about a business that's going to ruin it for a lot of people look no further than college. I feel sorry for a lot of my friends who can't afford the huge rise in tuition that seems to happen every semester, books never seem to get any cheaper, and just the cost of living in general in our country seems to always be going up. Thankfully my situation allows me to do all of this without much of an issue. College is becoming a thing that only the elite in society will be able to afford

Wys Guy
02-09-2008, 08:57 AM
TWO HUNDRED and FIFTY BUCKS a seat?

a billionaire probably does think that's okay.

Who's going to pay that?

It's "OK" if it works.

Hence the reason for the Bills leaving Buffalo, or at least a symptom of the root reason.

im4bflo
02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Raise the cost, sure, like they did, but $250 a game is crazy!

BillsFever21
02-11-2008, 02:18 AM
I would pay $20 more per ticket to be at the league average or close to it. That is not a ton of money if it meant the team staying in Buffalo.

I will admit that there is some cheapness to Bills fans. I remember when they raised parking $15 and sent all STH a $5 coupon some fans were going crazy about all the money they were saving.

If $20 per game meant a better product on the field I would gladly pay it. If it meant just more money in Ralph's greedy pocket I wouldn't.

HHURRICANE
02-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm fine with that. But we should get some kind of promise from him that maybe he will work on setting up the team to stay here.

Mikey he doesn't own you that. He just needs to raise prices at or above the League average. If the stadium stay full than you don't have to worry about the team leaving.