PDA

View Full Version : Would people root for the Rochester Bills...or the Syracuse Bills?

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Just wondering. There seems to be a huge backlash in response to yesterday's press conference. Obviously, people are having problems with it and would not root for the Toronto Bills (or what ever they happen to be called).

Which got me thinking. Let's say that RW is correct and Buffalo is in hard straights and the team did have to move to remain competitive. What if they were to move to Batavia? or Rochester? or Syracuse?

Would people from Buffalo still root for them? Would they make the roadie to go to games? Let's face it. Fans have had no problem with the Bills recruting fans from those areas to help prop up the team over the course of the last decade. True, no games were moved to those areas but people have blown a nut over the Toronto issue. Yes, RW's words sucked but is it the fact that it is Toronto, i.e., out of state, out of country that has provoked such a response?

What say you?

gr8slayer
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Why not? There are plenty of teams who don't reside in the cities their named after.

Example, Dallas Cowboys are actually in Arlington.

imbondz
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
The Upstate Bills?

YardRat
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Batavia, Rochester, and Syracuse don't have the corporate dollars, population, or disposable income that Toronto has so any move East would just be a half-assed attempt at regionalization that would fail in the short run and truly be a stepping stone to the team leaving NY altogether.

I don't see it happening, but worst-case scenario I could at least still follow the 'home' team if they only moved a few miles down on the 90.

Michael82
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
The key is that if the team were in any of those cities, it's still in New York. Syracuse would be the hardest one to take. Anyways, that makes me think of something, before we give a bunch of home games to Toronto...why not try to recruit from Syracuse too? Maybe we could give one game a year to the Syracuse Carrier Dome too?

BADTHINGSMAN
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
As long as the Bills remain in WNY Id route for them.. If they moved to Toronto and ended up winning the SB I would be pissed..

JD
02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Does a bullet proof vest come with the purchase of a ticket in Rochester?

Michael82
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Does a bullet proof vest come with the purchase of a ticket in Rochester?
:rofl: That's funny. But it isn't that bad anymore.

Ebenezer
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
:rofl: That's funny. But it isn't that bad anymore.
wanna bet?