PDA

View Full Version : Stadium posturing??

Mitchy moo
02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
RW maybe able to get a new stadium to keep the Bills here for the long haul if we can get the state on board. The Bills are the only NFL team that actually plays in NYS and one would think the state would like to keep them.

I think the state needs to step up and get a new Stadium built in Buffalo or fear the team leaving.

sdbillsfan2
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I remember the buzz many years ago when the Bills were still playing at the old rock pile . Word was back then if Ralph didn't get a new stadium he'd consider moving then ..Within a couple of years Rich Stadium was the new home of the Bills.
Would the Bills be worth more dollar wise with a new stadium and lease then they are now ? And how long would it take to build a new stadium ? Five years? hmmmmmmmmm 5 years, where have I heard that before?

Don't mind me.....I'm only thinking outloud!

BillyT92679
02-07-2008, 11:31 PM
No, I don't really think so this time. A new stadium is valueless if there are few luxury suites to fill it up. I can't see Toronto businesses flocking to any Buffalo facility by the dozens. I think it's mostly just to get a bigger cut into the Toronto pie in Toronto and see what happens. This endeavor will get a smattering of Toronto businesses down to RWS.

Voltron
02-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Glad I no longer pay taxes in NY. If Ralph wants a new stadium he can build it just like the Giants and Jets did when they were told to go to hell when they asked for public funds.

Ebenezer
02-08-2008, 12:19 AM
There will be no funds coming from any where to help Buffalo...

oh wait!! Maybe Hillary will promise to save the Bills! :laughing:

tat2dmike77
02-08-2008, 02:03 AM

Yeah how is that promise on the peace bridge working out from the bull dyke again?

Jan Reimers
02-08-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure that a new stadium would help that much. When the Ralph was renovated - what was it, 10 years ago? - a good number of new dug out suites and premium club level seats were added to the existing luxury boxes. The creation of premium seating - the fees for which do not have to be shared - is often the chief reason for building a new stadium.

The Bills have a very difficult time selling all of their club seats and luxury boxes as it is. I don't see a new stadium helping that effort.

Ebenezer
02-08-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure that a new stadium would help that much. When the Ralph was renovated - what was it, 10 years ago? - a good number of new dug out suites and premium club level seats were added to the existing luxury boxes. The creation of premium seating - the fees for which do not have to be shared - is often the chief reason for building a new stadium.

The Bills have a very difficult time selling all of their club seats and luxury boxes as it is. I don't see a new stadium helping that effort.
which is exactly why the long term stability of the franchise is in doubt...ticket prices are extremely low and we don't sell the boxes...why? not a lot of big business.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
It's all just a dream at this point.

DMBcrew36
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I think they're going to wait and see what happens with this Toronto deal. If there were a new stadium, it'd be in like 2013.

Don't Panic
02-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah how is that promise on the peace bridge working out from the bull dyke again?

Wow! Now I'm no fan of hers, but that's pretty harsh!

I commented on this in another thread, but to recap, economic recovery, then new stadium. Otherwise, get comfy at the Ralph.

Bill Brasky
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM

yeah, she did a fantastic job bringing that whole "200,000 new jobs to WNY" promise to life.

Mitchy moo
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Local county exec and the state is onboard, that didn't take too long.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Glad I no longer pay taxes in NY. If Ralph wants a new stadium he can build it just like the Giants and Jets did when they were told to go to hell when they asked for public funds.

Yeah, you're right...WNY is the only place in history to have to pay for a new stadium for a professional team!:crazy:

Can we all stop acting like these things only happen in Buffalo? You guys sound so stupid when you post crap like this.

Typ0
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
If Mr. Wilson cared about this team being located here it would seem he'd sign a contract to use a stadium. Maybe all his wining and complaining is about his not being able to do anything like that because it would significantly devalue the franchise...or maybe the nfl wouldn't allow it to happen because of that.

YardRat
02-08-2008, 07:51 PM
If the state wants to step up, they should concentrate on lowering taxes and increasing industry and jobs in WNY and let the rest take care of itself.

imbondz
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM

that's the only way i'd vote for her. I'd sell out my beliefs for the Bills to remain in Buffalo

imbondz
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
not really though.

Mitchy moo
02-10-2008, 09:59 AM
that's the only way i'd vote for her. I'd sell out my beliefs for the Bills to remain in Buffalo

Punch- That's for selling out your beliefs, lol. (simpsons movie)

DynaPaul
02-10-2008, 01:00 PM

And the promise that she was gonna add like 20,000 jobs to Western NY?

JD
02-10-2008, 01:32 PM
200,000*

Anyways, like I stated in another thread.. seperate NYC from NY like DC is from Maryland.

That will put a stop to the constant tax rape. Our taxes help NYC function.

RockStar36
02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Am I missing something? Is there something wrong with the Ralph?

Mitchy moo
02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Am I missing something? Is there something wrong with the Ralph?

It's not centrally located.

Typ0
02-10-2008, 02:11 PM
the trend away from total seating towards quality of seating has killed RWS. The stadium was built in the wrong place at the wrong time.