PDA

View Full Version : If RW pulls off keeping the Bills in Buffalo and gets a new stadium.....

Mitchy moo
02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Will you feel like dogsheet for basically calling him a POS and tearing him apart??

The plan according to RW is to keep the team in Buffalo, just like he has always done.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-08-2008, 04:01 AM
I haven't called R.Wilson a POS to this point, but, if he manages to keep the Bills in Buffalo until he dies and somehow makes it possible for whoever buys the team to keep it based in Buffalo, I may nominate him for sainthood...well, at least, consider him one of the greatest businessmen in the history of WNY.

On the other hand, if he moves the team before he dies or creates a situation where it is impossible for the team to kept in WNY by whoever buys the team from his estate, I would be banished forever from this messageboard for writing and posting half of what I would call R.Wilson--POS would be extremely mild compared to what I would be calling Ralph!!!

BADTHINGSMAN
02-08-2008, 04:21 AM
I haven't called R.Wilson a POS to this point, but, if he manages to keep the Bills in Buffalo until he dies and somehow makes it possible for whoever buys the team to keep it based in Buffalo, I may nominate him for sainthood...well, at least, consider him one of the greatest businessmen in the history of WNY.

On the other hand, if he moves the team before he dies or creates a situation where it is impossible for the team to kept in WNY by whoever buys the team from his estate, I would be banished forever from this messageboard for writing and posting half of what I would call R.Wilson--POS would be extremely mild compared to what I would be calling Ralph!!!

Ditto!!

Jan Reimers
02-08-2008, 06:01 AM

I'm right with you, LTBF.

SquishDaFish
02-08-2008, 06:19 AM
I agree with LTBF

THATHURMANATOR
02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Will you feel like dogsheet for basically calling him a POS and tearing him apart??

The plan according to RW is to keep the team in Buffalo, just like he has always done.
Yes. :ill:

Michael82
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM

Another great post, man! :bf1:

Don't Panic
02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
By the way, there will be no new stadium... at least not in the next 15 years. In order for there to be a new stadium, there will need to be an economic renaissance in Buffalo first. Although I'm hopeful, I'm also realistic that that is a pretty improbable outcome. If the Bills stay, they'll be playing in the Ralph through AT LEAST 2020.

HHURRICANE
02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
LTBF nailed it!!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-08-2008, 09:12 AM
The Ralph is good for another 10 years at least.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
What is it with you all and this idea that we must have a new stadium? I personally thought the Ralph was awesome, it's better than Texas Stadium I'll tell you that much (not the new one but the current one hell yeah.)

Michael82
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
What is it with you all and this idea that we must have a new stadium? I personally thought the Ralph was awesome, it's better than Texas Stadium I'll tell you that much (not the new one but the current one hell yeah.)
I agree. There is nothing wrong with Ralph Wilson Stadium. It could use a couple improvements to the restrooms and the concession stands, but that's about it. I have no doubt that it could be used for another 15-20 years without getting a new stadium.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree. There is nothing wrong with Ralph Wilson Stadium. It could use a couple improvements to the restrooms and the concession stands, but that's about it. I have no doubt that it could be used for another 15-20 years without getting a new stadium.
There's no 20 years about it, shut it down for a year like the Bears did with Soldier and upgrade the hell out of it and make it a freaking landmark. I've been to enough of the NFL stadiums to know that the older ones like Arrow Head, Lambeau, Soldier, hell even the Super Dome, feel more like football.

Everyone pushing for a new stadium and talking about a Super Bowl going to Buffalo needs to just shut up, Buffalo will never get a Super Bowl no matter what kind of stadium they build.

MikeInRoch
02-08-2008, 10:02 AM

The problem is that those really aren't the only two options. The situation where it is tough to keep the Bills in town was not actually a situation created by Ralph. Most likely to me is that Ralph, despite good intentions, will not be able to find a way to keep the team in town.

trapezeus
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
this is presupposing that Ralph is calling the county and state's bluff. And he's pushing the county and state into action on a stadium. It's an insane gamble with Roger just waiting for everything to fall through.

If ralph wanted to keep the team in Buffalo, he'd sell parts of the team now and maintain his ownership. This would allow him to deal with some of the tax issues now. And have a plan in place.

it is utterly shameful for any company with a leader past his 60's to not have a contingency plan. Anyone who says, it's his team he can do what he likes, thoroughly has no clue how companies run today. By keeping it open ended the people who will bid on this have to really fight to figure out the structure they are buying. It gives rogers an inside track since he's at least worked with part of the bills organization.

sorry this is really a big ramble. But bottom line, i really don't think ralph is getting a stadium deal in place. he's just juicing the potential value of his team so that his family can get $800-$1BN for the team as opposed to the paltry $700MM and have to pay taxes that would otherwise help the area.

Mitchy moo
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM

I feel that within 5 years there will be a new stadium under construction. It will get funded with tax dollars / an infusion from the "new" owner and be built downtown. The Toronto connection that many of you currently hate will become that much clearer because it will be a ~70-90 minute drive from TO, rochester, Syracuse and all the suburbs can get there within 30 minutes or less. It makes so much more sense to involve corporate areas from up north and give them easier access with a simple border trip. Between gambling, the falls and the Bills, the downtown area will rock on the winter weekends and have all the business they can ask for.

I know looking at the downtown now it's hard to imagine but we have waterfront and a chance to rebuild from the city outwards again, make it so.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I feel that within 5 years there will be a new stadium under construction. It will get funded with tax dollars / an infusion from the "new" owner and be built downtown. The Toronto connection that many of you currently hate will become that much clearer because it will be a ~70-90 minute drive from TO, rochester, Syracuse and all the suburbs can get there within 30 minutes or less. It makes so much more sense to involve corporate areas from up north and give them easier access with a simple border trip. Between gambling, the falls and the Bills, the downtown area will rock on the winter weekends and have all the business they can ask for.

I know looking at the downtown now it's hard to imagine but we have waterfront and a chance to rebuild from the city outwards again, make it so.
You are quite the dreamer Skoob.

raphael120
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Word to your mullet!

Mitchy moo
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
You are quite the dreamer Skoob.

You have the EC exec. saying the same thing as well.

patmoran2006
02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
No comment on you necessary. Everybody already knows

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
No comment on you necessary.
:rofl: Please elaborate.

oops, you edited the post.