PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Flutie may have know about Pats.

YardRat
02-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Forked from: Flutie may have know about Pats. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2321586)

If it is shown that this goes back to 2000 season, the Patriots should be severely punished--and I don't say this because the Patriots are rivals of the Bills in the AFC East, but because having a franchise go outside of the rules to gain a competitive edge cannot and must not be tolerated by the NFL if it is going to retain its credibility with fans. Therefore, I would favor the following punishment:

I know some have expressed the opinion that the cheating issue is mostly a coaching and/or ownership issue and most of the suggested punishments should revolve around Belicheck and the franchise itself, but the players involvement in this embarassment shouldn't be over-looked either.

If it turns out that the cheating was well known throughout the rank and file roster, and they went along with it and took advantage of it, those on the field are just as guilty as the rest.

They are the persons that ultimately used the information and their tactics to their adavantage, knowingly and willingly, and at no time did anyone show an ounce of honesty or integrity and step up to the plate to declare 'This is wrong, and I'm not doing it.' They gained, financially and status-wise, just as much as if not more than anybody and ultimately they sacrificed their values for a few bucks and a little bit of ill-gained glory.

This could very well turn out to be the biggest black mark on any professional sport in the history of competitive athletics, and everybody involved should be dealt with harshly. It's worse than Pete Rose, the Black Sox, or the NBA's recent issue with refs by far.

Hanging's too good for these bastards....Their heads should be prominantly displayed on stakes outside of every stadium in the league.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I would love to see Tom Brady publicly stoned for this ****. :up:

:snicker:

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Players and teams that cheat should be severly punished.

I hope you are just as outraged at the Yankees and their team of 'roided up freaks.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 08:29 AM

I hope you are just as outraged at the Yankees and their team of 'roided up freaks.
I trust Roger Clemens. :snicker:

And I'm not mad at Andy Pettite. He was only doing it to help him recover from an injury and admitted it right away. :up:

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 08:31 AM

And I'm not mad at Andy Pettite. He was only doing it to help him recover from an injury and admitted it right away. :up:

I trust him too - like I do a politician.

And it is still cheating for Pettite. Cheating is cheating whether you admit it or not.

hydro
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM

Whatever makes you sleep better at night :up: :snicker:

Michael82
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
I trust him too - like I do a politician.

And it is still cheating for Pettite. Cheating is cheating whether you admit it or not.
but everybody else did it. Just because those two names are out there doesn't mean that guys like Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez and other pitchers weren't juicing.

MikeInRoch
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM

Wow, talk about rose colored glasses....

Pettite admitted it right away, ONCE HE WAS CAUGHT. And 'injury recovery' does not make it one iota less bad.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
"Everyone else did it" is not an excuse either.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Wow, talk about rose colored glasses....

Pettite admitted it right away, ONCE HE WAS CAUGHT. And 'injury recovery' does not make it one iota less bad.

You should try that approach with the wife.

Bang a hottie and if she catches you, admit it. Then it is all OK!

hydro
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM

"But all my friends do it!"

Michael82
02-08-2008, 08:44 AM

:rofl: I'm just messing around. Sure I have lost some respect for Andy Pettite, but he is still one of my favorite players to wear the Yankee pinstripes. :yawn:

DraftBoy
02-08-2008, 08:47 AM
You cant punish the players can it cant be determined how much it helps. Even if you know the play or the call you still gotta beat your man and make the play. Do you have an advantage, you betcha but how do you properly punish for that? Especially a guy like Doug Flutie?

Iehoshua
02-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Yes, Clemens and Pettitte were the only players taking PEDs.

:rolleyes:

..and not to defend Belichick, but it's hard to fathom that every throw Brady completed came as a result of watching some secret film.

DraftBoy
02-08-2008, 08:51 AM

..and not to defend Belichick, but it's hard to fathom that every throw Brady completed came as a result of watching some secret film.

Agreed with the second part

Michael82
02-08-2008, 08:56 AM

Good post. :bf1:

Mr. Miyagi
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM

Imagine if Congress subpoenaed Brady to testify. If he tells the truth, it's a excessory to fraud. If he lies and got found out, it's perjury. Either way he's going to prison.

I think he'll be a very popular guy behind bars. :hump:

YardRat
02-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Thanks for turning my thread into a Yankee-fa g-bashing mosh, you bastard.