If Toronto gets a team it will fail in the long run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

If Toronto gets a team it will fail in the long run.

Toronto is a "foreign" country, and we all know that international teams don't do well, no matter how big the city. NFL Europe is a prime example of this,they weren't around that long. In 15-20 years, the Toronto franchise will relocate. I don't think Canadians really care that much about NFL football, the Hamilton Tigercats hate the idea. Is my point valid?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: If Toronto gets a team it will fail in the long run.

I have no reason to believe a team in Toronto wouldn't succeed. Why wouldn't it?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

It would not fail

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

Canada is a country where they like football already. You can't even compare them to NFL Europe

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

It will succeed soley because of corporate sponsership. I can however see the fans not being all that passionate about the team.

Comment

• blackonyx89
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            It will succeed soley because of corporate sponsership. I can however see the fans not being all that passionate about the team.
            I don't think they have the passion like Buffalo Bills fans. Can you imagine them selling out the Ralph even if they put a crappy team on the field, especially long term like a 8 year playoff drought? I don't think so.

Comment

• Buffatexas
              • Aug 2002

Here is something to think about. How strict are the laws that would prevent players undergoing legal procedures from leaving the country? Or players on probation? Are they going to amend every case to allow these folks to play in Canada when they play the Bills (IF they do indeed move)?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Good point. you can't cross the border if you had a DUI... etc.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

The Bills will do fine in LA, Toronto, SA. Now if we could just get them to do fine in Buffalo

Comment

• blackonyx89
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Good point. you can't cross the border if you had a DUI... etc.

I didn't know that about you can't go into Canada if you have a DUI?

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                      I didn't know that about you can't go into Canada if you have a DUI?
                      Any type of DWI conviction by Canadian law is considered a felony. Therefor, if you have a DWI, you are considered a felon and can't enter the country.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

I hope Toronto never has to host the bungles.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                          Toronto is a "foreign" country, and we all know that international teams don't do well, no matter how big the city. NFL Europe is a prime example of this,they weren't around that long. In 15-20 years, the Toronto franchise will relocate. I don't think Canadians really care that much about NFL football, the Hamilton Tigercats hate the idea. Is my point valid?
                          "NFL" Europe was crappy football with crappy players played solely because there is an air force base in Ramstein. Everyone knew it was bush league football-- it was worse than the CFL. You cannot possibly compare that league to a real NFL franchise in a country that has basically co-developed the sport of gridiron football since its beginnings.

The Tiger-Cats hate the idea because they've been playing crappier than the Arizona Cardinals, and they'll probably be the first to get put out of business with an NFL team in Toronto.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                            "NFL" Europe was crappy football with crappy players played solely because there is an air force base in Ramstein. Everyone knew it was bush league football-- it was worse than the CFL. You cannot possibly compare that league to a real NFL franchise in a country that has basically co-developed the sport of gridiron football since its beginnings.

The Tiger-Cats hate the idea because they've been playing crappier than the Arizona Cardinals, and they'll probably be the first to get put out of business with an NFL team in Toronto.
                            That and they have a stupid name. Tiger-cats? What the hell is that???

If they had a Toronto team it would be called the Man-Bear-Pigs.

Comment

• PhinsFan66
                              Phins Rule
                              • Nov 2004

We're gonna miss you guys in Buffalo....but we will still own the Bills North of the Border.

Comment

Working...
                              X