X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Collins: New Stadium For Bills?

(WGR 550)- Erie County executive Chris Collins added a new wrinkle to the ongoing Bills saga, throwing a new stadium into the mix during an interview on WGR's sister station, Newsradio 930 WBEN.

"I will not be surprised that a new stadium is going to be somewhere on the table when it comes time to renegotiate the lease," Collins told WBEN's Dave Debo.

When asked where he'd place the stadium, Collins indicated a new direction for the team.

"We said many years ago it was a mistake to put the stadium outside the city," he said. "If we're going to build a new one, let's do it right this time."
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Collins: New Stadium For Bills?

I'd be down for that, especially when I don't live in WNY and have to fund the new stadium with my taxes.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

There is ZERO parking downtown and no one wants to tailgate with heavy wind blowing off the river/lake.

Collins needs to think before he speaks.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
        There is ZERO parking downtown and no one wants to tailgate with heavy wind blowing off the river/lake.

I would rather have it DT myself.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Night Train

I am pretty sure there were zero parking areas that were going to benefit the new Cleveland Browns stadium before it was built in 1999 but when it was put up, so were parking ramps which solved the problem.
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

The Bills don't need a new stadium and it won't happen.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

I kind of like it where it is, but I also think it'd be beneficial to the City of Buffalo to have it downtown somewhere.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BAM
                I kind of like it where it is, but I also think it'd be beneficial to the City of Buffalo to have it downtown somewhere.
                Yeah, and it would be beneficial to us if you would bring out that POTY video

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                  • Sep 2005

They have one of the oldest stadiums in the league. It's an embarrassment. The location is embarrassing too.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tiburon1724
                    They have one of the oldest stadiums in the league. It's an embarrassment. The location is embarrassing too.
                    So do KC, Chicago, Greenbay, are they embarrassing too? There's tradition in the Ralph, that's something that you can't get at the new Texas Stadium or Arizona.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

That would be the best thing that could happen to downtown ever! It proally wont happen but it would defintly be a new direction for sure, and would be the most positive thing to happen to the city in a long long long etc time
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

I want the bills to stay. if a new stadium is feasible in downtown, and the restaurants and stores down there can benefit from 74,000 people down there on sundays, i'm all for it. if tailgating has to change and evolve, i'm all for it. If the new stadium makes it easier for Toronto people to come here for the games, i am for it.

the plan for the stadium has to be sound. i don't want to see a stadium go up with all possible revenues going to one man who has continuously held a gun to our collective heads at any moment of strife.

It's good to hear collins chime in on a new stadium instead of lower level politicians and Jimbo who have a lot of red tape to have to go through.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          I want the bills to stay. if a new stadium is feasible in downtown, and the restaurants and stores down there can benefit from 74,000 people down there on sundays, i'm all for it. if tailgating has to change and evolve, i'm all for it. If the new stadium makes it easier for Toronto people to come here for the games, i am for it.

the plan for the stadium has to be sound. i don't want to see a stadium go up with all possible revenues going to one man who has continuously held a gun to our collective heads at any moment of strife.

It's good to hear collins chime in on a new stadium instead of lower level politicians and Jimbo who have a lot of red tape to have to go through.
                          Exactly. I am up for anything at this point.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

I'm sorry but the parking excuse is completely over used. There are plenty of places to build a new stadium downtown with parking.

Comment

Without a new stadium, there will always be constant speculation about the Bills moving.

The cost of stadium need not be that high. A version of the Qwest stadium incorporating a sliding roof - as the design appears to have initially incorporated would be cheap build and bring maybe 70,000 seats. Naming rights would help and then there is the Super Bowl.

People will say this won't happen but a much more massive event is being held in New Zealand in 2011 - the Rugby World Cup with thousands and thousands of additional fans and this problem is being overcome by the use of ocean cruise liners.

Do you want to keep the Bills or keep the tailgaiting?

Comment

Working...
                              X