PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Bruins @ Sabres (2/8)

hammerbillsfan
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Preview&gameNumber=829&season=20072008&gameType=2

The Boston Bruins (http://bruins.nhl.com/) could use a boost on offense to help them hold off teams like the Buffalo Sabres (http://sabres.nhl.com/) in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Having Glen Murray (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8458532) back on the ice would certainly help.

With the veteran forward possibly set to return from a nearly seven-week absence, the Bruins look to avoid a second straight loss to the surging Sabres on Friday night.

Boston (27-21-5) has scored a total of just three goals while losing two straight for the first time since Jan. 8-10. The Bruins fell 4-2 to the Sabres (25-21-7) on Tuesday, and lead Buffalo by just two points for eighth and final playoff spot in the East.

JD
02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
The "surging sabres", now THATS what I like to hear! :up:

hammerbillsfan
02-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Cool, the game is on TSN tonight. :tube:

BlackMetalNinja
02-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Cool, the game is on TSN tonight. :tube:

I wonder if I'll get that feed or MSG? :idunno: Guess I should go find out!

JD
02-08-2008, 06:20 PM
730 start no?

hydro
02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
730 start no?

Yes sir.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
730 start no?

Correct. Go Sabres! We need this game!

im4bflo
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Another chance to BEAT BOSTON :up: Keep them 'chowder heads' on their losing streak! :loser:
GO SABRES! :oldskool:

im4bflo
02-08-2008, 07:19 PM
1st period
ONE-ZIP SABRES! SPACEK :hockey:

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Beautiful PP, they were all over the place.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
2-0, both Sabres goals were in the last min of play each period.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Ha, ha...what a joke that interview was with Golisano. Can you say...STAGED! Everything seemed written out and awkward. I think the only reason you saw that interview was because of the outcry from Sabres fans that he is nowhere to be found. Typical Sabres...

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Ha, ha...what a joke that interview was with Golisano. Can you say...STAGED! Everything seemed written out and awkward. I think the only reason you saw that interview was because of the outcry from Sabres fans that he is nowhere to be found. Typical Sabres...

Just lame, but you had to know that they weren't going to put the owner on the spot. He mentioned parity, well Tom, what are you going to do to take your team to the next level??

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Just lame, but you had to know that they weren't going to put the owner on the spot. He mentioned parity, well Tom, what are you going to do to take your team to the next level??

Exactly...nothing was mentioned about that.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Man, the Sabres are on their heals again. I guess that's what happens with all this parity in the league.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Man, this team is sucking ass this period. Wake up!

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Everytime the puck touches a stick it seems to bounce or not sit down, they can't hold on to it to get into the Bruins zone.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:42 PM
What a HITTTTT

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
That's

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
This team has their heads up their asses this period!

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
That was the same spot Umberger went down

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I think this team thought that you only had to play 2 periods...because they never came out of the lockerroom.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:46 PM
That ice is a mess

hammerbillsfan
2-2 uh oh

outshot 15-0 in the 3rd period?!?!? :shakeno:

Nighthawk
Character is really showing through in this period...or should I say, lack of character.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
2-2

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Not one shot on that PP. Is TG still watching

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Ruff was totally outcoached that period. He should have called a timeout halfway through to get into his team. Terrible effort by players and just as bad an effort by their head coach!

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:52 PM
OT?? Are you kidding me?

im4bflo
02-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Here we go again! :rolleyes:
Wake up, and steal this game!!!

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Vanek is one clueless hockey player...absolutely clueless!

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I honestly would punch these guys in the head if I were their head coach. Their effort is one of the worst I've seen all year.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Horrible...just horrible.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
The passing is horrible.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey, Lindy decides to take a TO with 40 seconds left in OT...nice coaching...NOT!

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:00 PM
The passing is horrible.

Is that what they call it? I agree, it's been brutal, just like the Sabres play.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Vanek is one clueless hockey player...absolutely clueless!

Just shoot, especially in OT

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
This team should be embarrassed by their effort tonight.

im4bflo
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Another SHOOTOUT!!! :pray:
UNbelieable, What a CHOKE!!!

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm thinking
Kaleta
Kalinin
Gaustad

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Lame Kotalik, just lame

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:08 PM
No excuses...this team is pathetic.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I would not be able to look myself in the mirror if I was a Sabre after that game.

clumping platelets
02-08-2008, 09:10 PM
:mad:

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I would not be able to look myself in the mirror if I was a Sabre after that game.

And if they had any pride, they wouldn't be able to either, but that's what is lacking on this team, so I'm sure they'll have no problem with their effort tonight. I'm sure Lindy and the boys will come up with some kind of excuse as to why it happened.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
No excuses...this team is pathetic.

Bull****.

God, this is getting old. This team is not pathetic.

Coming into tonight they have gotten 11 of 12 points. 7 of those on the road.

Give it a break.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
And if they had any pride, they wouldn't be able to either, but that's what is lacking on this team, so I'm sure they'll have no problem with their effort tonight. I'm sure Lindy and the boys will come up with some kind of excuse as to why it happened.

Yes, Lindy always makes excuses. That is all he and the team ever do.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Bull****.

Give it a break.

OK, you should work for the Sabres because you come up with ALL the excuses after every poor effort! What about last game...when they also blew a lead and lucked out in a shootout? What's the excuse then? Come on, you make tons of excuses for them...tell me another one!!!!

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, Lindy always makes excuses. That is all he and the team ever do.

Ahh, there you go...keep'em coming.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
OK, you should work for the Sabres because you come up with ALL the excuses after every poor effort! What about last game...when they also blew a lead and lucked out in a shootout? What's the excuse then? Come on, you make tons of excuses for them...tell me another one!!!!

They won the last game.

Funny how wins are "lucking out" and losses are well deserved.

They have lost ONE game this season after leading going into the 3rd, so you have nothing to back you up. Nothing.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
This team has been on a roll, I give you that, but when you have a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd and blow it getting outshot 15-0, no matter how you slice it, it's pathetic. Especially against a beatable team.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
They won the last game.

Funny how wins are "lucking out" and losses are well deserved.

They have lost ONE game this season after leading going into the 3rd, so you have nothing to back you up. Nothing.

Stop, you sound ridiculous. You're actually making up excuses for them tonight. Silly...just silly.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Bull****.

Give it a break.

By the way, go back and I gave this team credit when they played well. I'm not going to give them credit for *****ting themselves tonight! Unlike you, I don't accept the mediocrity and inconsistant play that this team has been providing all year.

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:23 PM
If they were up in the third, playing lets say Detroit I could understand losing the game, but it was Boston and they were up by 2

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
If they were up in the third, playing lets say Detroit I could understand losing the game, but it was Boston and they were up by 2

Don't you know that Boston is an offensive juggernaut? [sarcasm]

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Stop, you sound ridiculous. You're actually making up excuses for them tonight. Silly...just silly.

Show me where I made on excuse for tonight. Show me. Just one.

You can't do it. You are making this up.

They screwed up tonight. They lost a lead to a team they should not have lost a lead to.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Show me where I made on excuse for tonight. Show me. Just one.

You can't do it. You are making this up.

They screwed up tonight. They lost a lead to a team they should not have lost a lead to.

There you go...was that so hard? See, when they're bad, they should be called out and they were awful tonight and really, the other night too. The difference being they were able to steal the game back from NJ in the shootout.

I will always give credit is due, but I will NEVER make excuses and accept mediocre play...NEVER!

I'm telling you right now, this team would be a team to be reckoned with if they would just change the makeup of the team and bring in character/heart players. This lockerroom the way it is made up is not a championship team. IMO

LABillsFan
02-08-2008, 09:43 PM
There you go...was that so hard? See, when they're bad, they should be called out and they were awful tonight and really, the other night too. The difference being they were able to steal the game back from NJ in the shootout.

I will always give credit is due, but I will NEVER make excuses and accept mediocre play...NEVER!

I'm telling you right now, this team would be a team to be reckoned with if they would just change the makeup of the team and bring in character/heart players. This lockerroom the way it is made up is not a championship team. IMO

We now see what we've all known, the difference one or two players make. Without them they are a very average team.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 09:47 PM
We now see what we've all known, the difference one or two players make. Without them they are a very average team.

Agreed, but they do have to move on from that. They have a chance before the deadline to make the adjustments necessary, but this organization has to first realize that this team isn't good enough the way it stands right now. I think that is a longshot. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see the FO finally waking up and making the changes. However, the way the team has been playing, especially Miller, this is a perfect time to make changes that could slingshot this team towards something great at the end of the year. The team just has to be willing to take some risks and move some of the dead weight on the team. We will see.

BlackMetalNinja
02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
It amazes me how Nighthawk only has a life when the team happens to be winning. They have one bad period and cost themselves a point, mind you they did still get one... and all the sudden he's offering play by play in the game thread.

Good job though, you didn't repeat what you've said before a million times or anything though :bf1:

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 10:16 PM
It amazes me how Nighthawk only has a life when the team happens to be winning. They have one bad period and cost themselves a point, mind you they did still get one... and all the sudden he's offering play by play in the game thread.

Good job though, you didn't repeat what you've said before a million times or anything though :bf1:

You really aren't worth the time.

chernobylwraiths
02-08-2008, 10:16 PM

Well, it's two now.

BlackMetalNinja
02-08-2008, 10:18 PM
You really aren't worth the time.

That's too bad... you are. Especially with gems like the quote I've placed in my signature :up:

hydro
02-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Thats my only knock on the guy. He is generally got the right idea, but the whole cocky I know better than all attitude and the shoving of the team playing bad down our throats after every loss gets annoying. We all know this isn't the team of yester year, and we know that you think something needs to be done before the trade deadline. WE KNOW ALREADY!!!!

hammerbillsfan
02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" src="http://www.nhl.tv/team/embed?hlg=20072008,2,829"></iframe>

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Thats my only knock on the guy. He is generally got the right idea, but the whole cocky I know better than all attitude and the shoving of the team playing bad down our throats after every loss gets annoying. We all know this isn't the team of yester year, and we know that you think something needs to be done before the trade deadline. WE KNOW ALREADY!!!!

Hydro, you're totally off base. This all started when I vented after the pathetic third period. I've been giving this team credit during this stretch, but I'm not going to give them a pat on the back when they play bad. I truly believe this team, the way they've been playing recently, can make some noise if they get in the playoffs, but they need to bring in a couple of players at the deadline to do it.

hydro
02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Hydro, you're totally off base. This all started when I vented after the pathetic third period. I've been giving this team credit during this stretch, but I'm not going to give them a pat on the back when they play bad. I truly believe this team, the way they've been playing recently, can make some noise if they get in the playoffs, but they need to bring in a couple of players at the deadline to do it.

I am not asking you to pat them on the back, I would just like for you not to have to feel its your duty to make your opinion the gospel around here. We know what your stance on the team is and we know that you think this team needs to make a move before the deadline. I think I have read about 1000 or your post that have stated that fact. Do you get sick of typing the samething over and over?

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, it's two now.

No. It is still one.

OT losses and SO losses are not counted as pure losses.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I am not asking you to pat them on the back, I would just like for you not to have to feel its your duty to make your opinion the gospel around here. We know what your stance on the team is and we know that you think this team needs to make a move before the deadline. I think I have read about 1000 or your post that have stated that fact. Do you get sick of typing the samething over and over?

No, I don't. If somebody calls me on it, I will always back up my opinion, as I hope you would yours. You don't have to like it, but it is my right to feel that way. Do you get tired of asking me why I post my thoughts all the time? Kind of hypocritical...don't you think?

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
That's too bad... you are. Especially with gems like the quote I've placed in my signature :up:

Honestly, you're an *******...anybody ever tell you that?

hydro
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
No, I don't. If somebody calls me on it, I will always back up my opinion, as I hope you would yours. You don't have to like it, but it is my right to feel that way. Do you get tired of asking me why I post my thoughts all the time? Kind of hypocritical...don't you think?

I am done trying to talk sense into you. Keep posting in here about the same rambling after every loss and see how much respect you garner here. Because for every post you have after a win giving the team credit you come back on a loss with 10x the negative broken record posts.

im4bflo
02-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Is this the NO TOS Sabres zone? :snicker2:
I got a 20% warning for calling someone a dick,
something that doesn't even need *bleeped* out :idunno:

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 11:08 PM

By the way, that just proves my point that I'm not always negative...just critical. I give credit when it is due...

SabreEleven
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Bull****.

Give it a break.

When you are in first place in the conference, no biggie

But when you are in 9 or 10th place in the conference and out of the playoffs, Very Big Deal.

Nighthawk
02-08-2008, 11:44 PM
When you are in first place in the conference, no biggie

But when you are in 9 or 10th place in the conference and out of the playoffs, Very Big Deal.

I think this is my biggest issue with losing points like we did tonight Great post.

Michael82
02-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Damn it. Why do they keep blowing leads!?!? WTF! :mad:

All they have to do is finish the 3rd period and they would be in the 8th seed. But nooo, they gotta blow the lead. Damn it. :curse:

LABillsFan
02-09-2008, 05:26 AM
No. It is still one.

OT losses and SO losses are not counted as pure losses.

True but you lose ground in doing so. 4 non pure losses came after having the lead going into the 3rd or in 3rd and losing in the OT/SO.

BlackMetalNinja
02-09-2008, 06:28 AM
By the way, that just proves my point that I'm not always negative...just critical. I give credit when it is due...

To me it makes you sound hypocritical, that is what I'm trying to point out. You complain about people being negative about WNY all the time, and I'm complaining about you being negative about the Sabres all the time... how come it's cool for you to do, but if I do it, I'm an *******???

So if I happen to have a viewpoint that WNY just isn't a successful area like it could be and that it's no longer a viable option for me to live there... then I'm just being negative all the time and I'm wrong of course.

But if you have the viewpoint that the Sabres aren't successful and aren't a viable option to even make the playoffs in your viewpoint... that's right, I'm still wrong.

Sounds to me like you think you're right no matter what basically.

Hydro hit the nail on the head in terms of why I have an issue with you. I really don't have a problem with you being negative towards the team, they for the most part deserve it... it's just beyond me why you and a couple others think it's so damn necessary to sledgehammer the rest of us over the head with it constantly and jump all down our throats if we try to point out something positive.

It seems you need to practice what you preach. I'm fine with saying we have different opinions and respecting that fact... I'm not fine with you telling us our opinion is wrong all the time and then telling us just how damn right you always are. That is what makes this place really hard to read sometimes. It's been pretty standard to have people act like that in the Billszone for a long time now and therefore I don't go in there anywhere near what I used to. Sadly, this part of the site is becoming the same way, where as it used to be you could have civil conversation in here for the most part.

I understand losing breeds this crap, but for you to tell me that I'm an ******* for calling you out on doing one thing and saying another all the time... I just don't get it.

chernobylwraiths
02-09-2008, 09:41 AM
BMN, you definitely deserve the seven asterisks.

JD
02-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Bull****.

Give it a break.
Thank you.

Nighthawk is like OP ****ing Jr.
He needs to keep his comments to himself, nothing but negativity from that guy.

I understand criticism but come on... 6-2-2 last 10 games. WE SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK bring in the amerks!!

Nighthawk
02-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Thank you.

Nighthawk is like OP ****ing Jr.
He needs to keep his comments to himself, nothing but negativity from that guy.

I understand criticism but come on... 6-2-2 last 10 games. WE SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK bring in the amerks!!

Another guy who can't read. Read all my posts and feel free to comment...I have no problem with that. But to just pick out the negative ones is silly.