PDA

View Full Version : Players with legal issues

Buffatexas
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Would like to hear some insight on this. I asked this in another thread and I think it deserves one of its own.

Here is something to think about. How strict are the laws that would prevent players undergoing legal procedures from leaving the country? Or players on probation? Are they going to amend every case to allow these folks to play in Canada when they play the Bills (IF they do indeed move)

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
The Bills are the classiest organization in the league and we don't have legal issues because we choose our players based on class.

/sarcasm

Buffatexas
02-08-2008, 11:23 AM
talking about other teams players, not just our own.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
talking about other teams players, not just our own.
Well since we're the only team in the league that is "classy".........

Good question though, this question was raised on Sirius the other day too.

Buffatexas
02-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Well since we're the only team in the league that is "classy".........

Good question though, this question was raised on Sirius the other day too.

What was the feedback from Sirius?

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 11:30 AM
What was the feedback from Sirius?
They didn't really have a clear cut answer, the question was actually raised by a caller.

Michael82
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I will say this, if Anthony Hargrove was still on the team, I bet he wouldn't have been allowed into Canada for the game.

Stewie
02-08-2008, 11:40 AM
There might be exceptions for work. If there are exceptions, expect the NFL to get them. Money talks.

Buffatexas
02-08-2008, 11:45 AM
There might be exceptions for work. If there are exceptions, expect the NFL to get them. Money talks.

but wouldnt that just send a message from the NFL that "we can help with your legal issues"? Which would basically go against what Goodell is trying to do as far as being hard on the offenders

helmetguy
02-08-2008, 08:15 PM
but wouldnt that just send a message from the NFL that "we can help with your legal issues"? Which would basically go against what Goodell is trying to do as far as being hard on the offenders

Not necessarily. Offenders can still be allowed to work. It's not like they would be going to Canada on holiday.

yordad
02-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm not allowed in Canada. I've been thrown out twice. The last time they threatened to shine a flashlight up my butt, and they told me the next time I'm getting arrested and deported.

Kenny
02-08-2008, 10:07 PM
I dont see any problems. It's not like football's the only sport with atheletes having legal problems.
NBA, MLB, NHL, etc... no problems crossing between the US and Canada.

Cant see why there'd be a problem with the NFL.