12. StL- Boss Bailey, LB, Georgia
13. NYJ- Eric Steinbach, G, Iowa
14. NE (from Buf)- Johnathan Sullivan, DT, Georgia
15. SD- Kevin Williams, DT, Oklahoma State
16. KC - Kyle Boller, QB, California
17. NO - Andre Woolfolk, CB, Oklahoma
18. NO - Jason Witten, TE, Tennessee
19. NE - E.J. Henderson, LB, Maryland
20. Den- Jerome McDougle, DE, Miami (Fla.)
21. Cle- George Foster, OT, Georgia
22. NYJ- William Joseph, DT, Miami (Fla.)
23. Buf- Michael Haynes, DE, Penn State
24. Ind- Chris Kelsay, DE, Nebraska
25. NYG- Dennis Weathersby, CB, Oregon State
26. SF - Kenny Peterson, DE, Ohio State
27. Pit- Mike Doss, S, Ohio State
28. Ten- Kelley Washington, WR, Tennessee
29. GB- Rex Grossman, QB, Florida
30. Phi- Taylor Jacobs, WR, Florida
31. Oak- Jeff Faine, C, Norte Dame
32. Oak- Corey Redding DE, Texas

Thoughts?

Schobel94
04-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Damn you Denver! We were this close! Oh wiat, this wasnt real, phew... good job, I still think Oakland will take Mcghee.

DraftBoy
04-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Why?

SoCalBillsFan
04-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I still think we won't take a DE...too many already on the roster. I wouldn't be against it though.

TigerJ
04-07-2003, 09:17 PM
It's feasible. No huge reaches.

Schobel94
04-07-2003, 09:24 PM
We need a DE, I mean, we dont have that edge speed rusher that our D desperately needs. I mean, the only other thing I can see is us taking Witten, but only if McDougle, Kelsay, and Haynes are gone, which I think is unlikely.

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 07:52 AM
I agree with Socal we dont need a DE, we got a ton but at that point in the round there is no better pick. Thats why I have been saying for over a week now we gotta trade this pick.

Earthquake Enyart
04-08-2003, 08:05 AM
I don't see KC taking Boller.

Otherwise I bet this turns out to be pretty close.

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 08:19 AM
KC could take Boller they need a QB if Trent Green falters, they got Todd Collins behind him, and everbody knows how good he is

Earthquake Enyart
04-08-2003, 08:30 AM
To me these may be the key picks:

6. Arz- Byron Leftwich, QB, Marshall
8. Jax- Andre Johnson, WR, Miami
9. Car- Jordan Gross, OT, Utah
10. Bal- Kwame Harris, OT, Stanford
11. Sea- Marcus Trufant, CB, Washington State

Any of these teams could take a QB. If the first couple do, or 2 of the first 3, they may start a run which may let a quality player slip to us.

Schobel94
04-08-2003, 09:46 AM
What do you mean we dont need a DE? You're placing all of your hopes on a guy who's never played a down with us, has just had surgery, and hasn't played for a while to come in and make the impact we so desperately need? We need a quality rushing end, evein if it id only on 3rd downs and other passing situations, we need speed, Jones might be good, but he doesnt have that speed we need. We need speed!

EDS
04-08-2003, 10:18 AM
We do need a speedy defense end but I am not sure that Haynes, Kelsay or Redding are that guy. McDougle would be so he is probably gone by the time the Bills pick. I just don't think those other guys will be an upgrade over what we have. It might be better to go with another position and get someone who can contribute.

Bert102176
04-08-2003, 10:58 AM
I think we will take a wr, or the best player available.

BillsMan80
04-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Jones actually is a good speed rusher from the outside from his days in Tampa Bay, and none of the players in the draft are better than what we have for McDougle. Haynes isn't a speed rusher, Redding isn't even a 1st Round Prospect, and Kelsay is the most overrated player in the draft IMO besides Rien Long.

SquarebobSpongepants
04-08-2003, 11:19 AM
I think Houston will take Suggs over Newman just because Houston still has so many holes to fill and have to good starting CBs in Coleman and Glenn. I think Newman will fall to Dallas.

TedMock
04-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Jones is a good speed rusher. You're right about not really knowing what he can do NOW. He's also a big boy 6'6", 280lbs. He was a 14 sack speed rusher pre-injury. I know we can't count on him 100% right now. If the higher ups don't feel he's absolutely ready then I think we'll pick an end. I'm sure they've continuously have doctors poke at him to be sure. Otherwise, I'd like them to go after another DT for rotation and grooming purposes or even a safety. We still don't know how good Bannon will be and I think with Ron Edwards going into his 3rd year he may do well as a change of pace and fresh legs. At times he looked like he belonged but on so many occasions he looked worn out. I don't think he can hold the bulls coming at him all game. I also think there'll be good receiving TE's in the 2nd round so I wouldn't go there in the first. Maybe a Joprru from Michigan. We also need to sure up special teams with a couple of these picks and via free agency. Sammy Morris is a ST'er but we need 10 more. At least Lindell is a big boy sitting back there if all else fails. It has to be better than watching Hollis attempt a tackle. Hopefully it won't get that far.

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 12:28 PM
DE: Irons, Denney, Schoebel, McKenzie, Jones

we have plently of depth there and Irons showed real flash as a rookie and Denney is far from being considered a bust he was/is a highly touted speed rusher give the kid a break he only played in 5 games. Avg: 1.8 tackles a game, and we gave Erik Flowers 2 seasons and he avg: 1.25, and 1.4 tackles a game in those years and he played 16 and 15 games those seasons respectfully

EDS
04-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Maybe we should trade the 23rd pick We have alot of depth needs - speed wide receiver, pass catching tight end, DL depth, DB depth, back-up running back, ST's - but none of those seem like good candidates for the first round, more like rounds 2-5. If we trade down may be we can pick up an extra second or third to fill all of those depth needs and not have to worry about whether some first rounder is a bust or not.

TedMock
04-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
DE: Irons, Denney, Schoebel, McKenzie, Jones

we have plently of depth there and Irons showed real flash as a rookie and Denney is far from being considered a bust he was/is a highly touted speed rusher give the kid a break he only played in 5 games. Avg: 1.8 tackles a game, and we gave Erik Flowers 2 seasons and he avg: 1.25, and 1.4 tackles a game in those years and he played 16 and 15 games those seasons respectfully

I agree that we have a number of DE's and yes, at times, Irons did show flashes. Denney is going into his 2nd year and I'm not ready to write him off by any means. I think we need an impact now. Honestly I think they feel that Jones is ready. If that's the case Irons and Denney will do spot duty which is where they belong right now. They could be fresh legged students behind Jones. I don't think they're starters yet. McKenzie's a solid veteran backup. If this is the case then a DT or S is the first pick.

BillsMan80
04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Don't be suprised to see us go offense first...I think WR, RB, and TE all fall under needs that could be addressed on the first day except RB won't happen in Round 1, but the others could.

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 04:59 PM
I agree completely Billsman, but I also think that we may go FS in rd. 1. Dont be surprised to see us take Doss or Tony Polomuna (sp?) out of USC with our 1st pick.

HenryRules
04-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Why would we draft a SS in the first round? We already have 3 on the roster.

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 05:07 PM
If your talking about Doss, then you are wrong as it has been stated before by several people that he could play either FS or SS. If your talking about Tony "Whatever" out of USC then my source im looking at is wrong in listing him as a FS.

HenryRules
04-08-2003, 05:17 PM
First, I don't think Mike Doss can be a successful FS because he played SS at Ohio State and had trouble covering receivers on deep routes, that doesn't bode well for being a FS in the pros. He can however, cover tight ends and receivers over the middle but not deep, so maybe in a very agressive D, he could play free safety. But that's beside the point.

Even if he can play a passable FS, his style and game wouldn't be much different than Prioleau or Reese, except he has better hands than Prioleau. So we wouldn't be adding a different dimension to our team at all and maybe making a slight upgrade assuming of course that he can make the switch.

Polamalu is basically the same thing as Doss except he played for USC ... a SS who may be able to play FS, but if he does, he's no better/different than the guys we already have there.

If we're drafting a FS, I think its gonna be a guy that's more like a pure FS rather than a SS that can play FS because in Reese and Prioleau we already have two guys that can play free safety yet have the abilities of a strong safety.

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 05:28 PM
I like Mathis at FS, but he played recently at CB which also makes him a posistion cahnge and I dont like drafting guys and forcing them to switch posistions. The guy I like is Nnamdi Asomugha out of California he is 6'2", 201 and ran a 4.50 40. Would be a 3rd-4th rounder

BillsMan80
04-08-2003, 05:49 PM
The Top FS in the draft is probably Ken Hamlin, out of Arkansas.

Tatonka
04-08-2003, 07:15 PM
oh god.. the doss pick again..

the only options at FS early on (first 2 rounds) are mathis and hamlin.. at FS.. not SS.. at FS.. not SS.. FS

DraftBoy
04-08-2003, 10:20 PM
I dont like Hamlin because we already have three big hitters in the secondary, but no ballhawks, we need a guy to play CF, not another LB in the secondary

The Spaz
04-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Big hitters do create turnovers. They cause fumbles make players short arm catches, get into players heads, cause injury etc etc..!:) Go Bills!

HenryRules
04-09-2003, 11:21 AM
W26, if you want ballhawks and not big hitters in the FS spot, why do you think we should draft Doss or Polamalu? They're the exact opposite of what you say you like.

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 12:31 PM
hamlin had his share of picks too..

hamlin is regarded as a ball hawk.. just not as much as mathis.

DraftBoy
04-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Doss is regarded as the best CF in the draft he does give big hits also, but his game is making the picks not the hits. Polomalou (sp?) is a big hitter and I didnt say I wanted him I said not to be surprised if we took one of them, I never said I wanted either.

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 10:30 PM
well that is good.. cuz we wont be drafting either :D

HenryRules
04-10-2003, 11:35 AM
W26, I only saw a couple of Doss' games so I could be mistaken, but from what I saw, Doss was at his best playing up-in-the-box and not that great when playing deep. I didn't see him display any of the centrefield-style play that you mention. Ohio States FS (whose name escapes me) didn't look that good playing a centerfield style game, so if Doss is the best in the country playing that way and his game isn't about the big hits, I can't understand why they'd have Doss playing up in the box all the time. I don't read many draft guides, so I can't say that I'm as well educated on the topic as you, but I really must question any guide that rates him as the best centerfield-style safety.

Yes, his hands are good (not great, good), but his game is run support. A team looking to draft him is going to be going for a secondary like Dallas' last year with Williams and Woodson. That secondary was good, but we already have the capability to run that style of secondary with Prioleau, Reese, and Wire. Again, I don't see us using a first-rounder on someone that fills a spot we already have 2 people filling.

Bert102176
04-10-2003, 11:54 AM
we are gonna draft a Offensive player in round 1 I saw WR or TE maybe even the best OL available for depth

DraftBoy
04-10-2003, 01:40 PM
I agree we shouldnt go FS in round 1, I have no idea where to go in round 1. I still say we should trade down to say CAR, and pick up a 2nd and a 4th. Mathis may or may not still be there. We can there get a DT, a TE (maybe), a CB, and a FS. Also get our RB, WR. Let say we do trade down I would love to see us get:

2a. Clark TE
2b. Lloyd WR
3a. Eason DT
3b. Asomugha FS