PDA

View Full Version : Something not related to the Bills leaving....

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm becoming more and more convinced that we need to switch the type of defense we run, I've been watching games from the past couple of seasons lately and we just aren't getting any pressure on anyone.

Some of you will defend the C2 to the death and I'm one of those people to a point but we just flat out can't figure out how to run it correctly and it shows on film.

I propose that we switch to a Hybrid 3-4, what defense would you like to see us run?

DraftBoy
02-08-2008, 01:40 PM
An attacking 4-3 style similar to what Spagnolo runs with the Giants

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
An attacking 4-3 style similar to what Spagnolo runs with the Giants
That would require basically getting rid of three of our four DL.

venis2k1
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Any Change in defense will constitute Major personell overhaul. Lets say we change to a Hybrid 3-4. What will our D-line look like. NO ONE we have on our roster can hold down the NT position. I know Schobel will be cut unless he can transition to LB. Kelsay will need to Bulk up considerably to hope to play DE in a 3-4.

Stewie
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm fine with a 4-3 base but we need to be stronger up the middle. Hopefully a DT or two and Poz can help that.

I think we'd play less zone and more man to man if we had cornerbacks taller than 5'9 ie guys who can match up one on one with most receivers.

DraftBoy
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
That would require basically getting rid of three of our four DL.

The problem with this is...?

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
The problem with this is...?
Not a damn thing, though I still think McCargo has a chance to be a good player...

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm fine with a 4-3 base but we need to be stronger up the middle. Hopefully a DT or two and Poz can help that.

I think we'd play less zone and more man to man if we had cornerbacks taller than 5'9 ie guys who can match up one on one with most receivers.
Yeah, there are times when I wish we had given Clements what he wanted. He was great in man to man.

DraftBoy
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Not a damn thing, though I still think McCargo has a chance to be a good player...

I think he could work in the scheme I want, he'd be similar to the Giants Barry Cofield.

yordad
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
That would require basically getting rid of three of our four DL.Why? We got our lineman for their attacking, penetrating, abilities. We wouldn't need to change them switching to an attacking style defense anymore than we already need to change them. As long as we stay in the 4-3.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I think he could work in the scheme I want, he'd be similar to the Giants Barry Cofield.
Maybe in theory but Cofield is taller and a lot more aggressive than McCargo appears to be so far. I wish we could draft DL outside of the first round with the same success the Giants do. It really is nothing short of amazing.

gr8slayer
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Why? We got our lineman for their attacking, penetrating, abilities. We wouldn't need to change them switching to an attacking style defense anymore than we already need to change them.
I'm not completely sure where you're going with this post but my point was that our DL don't fit the type of scheme in question.