Where's the character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Where's the character?

This team lacks a veteran or two that can push them when times get tough. I've never seen a team crumble like this team does when times get tough. Hey, Darcy...take note of that effort tonight and the last game, because it shows the lack of heart from this team. Get some help in here...NOW!
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Where's the character?

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    This team lacks a veteran or two that can push them when times get tough. I've never seen a team crumble like this team does when times get tough. Hey, Darcy...take note of that effort tonight and the last game, because it shows the lack of heart from this team. Get some help in here...NOW!
    Just a note on the last game: THEY WON. They beat one of the best teams in the East, by beating New Jersey.

If you are questioning heart, which is the least of the problems, I really don't know what to say except that they will not win every game the rest of the season.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      Just a note on the last game: THEY WON. They beat one of the best teams in the East, by beating New Jersey.

If you are questioning heart, which is the least of the problems, I really don't know what to say except that they will not win every game the rest of the season.
      Please tell me that you don't believe that this team has enough character and heart? If you do, then I seriously have to question your thought process. Winning in a shootout after giving up a lead is not really something to be proud of. On top of that, they do it again tonight and lose. No excuses...

The problem with this team is that they get too comfortable after winning a few games and then they slack. That is a lack of character...PERIOD!

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

oh brother
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
          oh brother
          Character is what holds this team back from being a very good team. It is what it is.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

One player who has character is Miller...I love this guy...he cares! Just listened to his postgame comments...AWESOME! Calling out his teammates...GOOD JOB MILLER!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

I'll put it this way:

I bet they have more come from behind victories than they do blown leads.

However, I bet you show less often after the come from behind victories.

I also bet you ignore some of the factors in the New Jersey game (i.e. back to back games).

Just like you seem to ignore winning streaks.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

One player who has character is Miller...I love this guy...he cares! Just listened to his postgame comments...AWESOME! Calling out his teammates...GOOD JOB MILLER!
                Miller's often average play has been an issue this year.

Why not question his character on Kessel's shootout goal? The guy lost control of the puck. And Miller still let it in.

No heart.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Miller's often average play has been an issue this year.

Why not question his character on Kessel's shootout goal? The guy lost control of the puck. And Miller still let it in.

No heart.
                  This is why it is useless to argue with you. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you really don't know what you're talking about. You watch the game through a fans eyes, just like me, but I also watch it as a guy who played the game. It's a lot different because when you've played it, you know when a guy is slacking it. It's obvious. Disagree with me, but that's why I'm more critical. If that offends you, I'm sorry, but it won't change.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

This is why it is useless to argue with you. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you really don't know what you're talking about. You watch the game through a fans eyes, just like me, but I also watch it as a guy who played the game. It's a lot different because when you've played it, you know when a guy is slacking it. It's obvious. Disagree with me, but that's why I'm more critical. If that offends you, I'm sorry, but it won't change.
                    Well by all means, if you played I will never question you again.

BTW, meathead played too.

You can question me all you want, but I am quite comfortable in knowing what I am seeing. You can walk around here like your **** does not stink and that is fine.

But if you think Miller has been on the top of his game all year, you are wrong. Flat out wrong. I think Miller would admit to it.

And it is not about you being critical. Not at all. Critical is fine. But being unreasonable is quite another. Being critical without being objective is a an issue, for one.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                      • Aug 2005

But if you think Miller has been on the top of his game all year, you are wrong. Flat out wrong. I think Miller would admit to it.
                      Although he does have slightly better stats than last year.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

2006-2007 Sabres 63 3,692 40 16 - 6 168 1,886 2 2.73 .911
                      2007-2008 Sabres 48 2,836 23 17 - 5 114 1,326 2 2.41 .914

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Well by all means, if you played I will never question you again.

BTW, meathead played too.

You can question me all you want, but I am quite comfortable in knowing what I am seeing. You can walk around here like your **** does not stink and that is fine.

And it is not about you being critical. Not at all. Critical is fine. But being unreasonable is quite another. Being critical without being objective is a an issue, for one.
                        Seriously, back away and go read my posts. I never said that Miller has been good this entire season, but he is the reason they are even back in the race, so let's not be hypocritical. Also, I don't think my **** doesn't stink, but your arguments are so errational that it is ridiculous. I've never wavered from my belief (even going back to last year) that this team needs more grit/character. I won't back off that because I truly believe that is the cause of a lot of losses. We just don't have the veteran leadership that this team sorely needs. Too many immature players that need to have their hands held and led down the path to success.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

This team isn't about Miller being soft or not on his game. Look at the players they lost this team is made up of second tier players, not one can be classified as a #1, Miller has had this team in many games, but they can't score 3 to win. Look at all the points the players had last year and the lack of pressure on Miller, if he had an off night and let in 4 they would score 5, it's not there this year, so the talent in front of Miller is where the problem is.
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                            This team isn't about Miller being soft or not on his game. Look at the players they lost this team is made up of second tier players, not one can be classified as a #1, Miller has had this team in many games, but they can't score 3 to win. Look at all the points the players had last year and the lack of pressure on Miller, if he had an off night and let in 4 they would score 5, it's not there this year, so the talent in front of Miller is where the problem is.
                            Again, right on the money.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                              • Aug 2002

[quote=Dr.Lecter]Well by all means, if you played I will never question you again.quote]

I too played for many years, coached as well, I won't say it's heart or character you can coach a B or C liner all you want all that will happen is that they will be a better B and C player but not an A player. They are for a particular role and to support the A players, which the Sabres really don't have other than Miller.
                              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X