PDA

View Full Version : Well we now know the truth about Briere and Drury

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-09-2008, 12:45 AM
http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?type=fvod&id=12198&catid=23

<iframe width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" src="http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/embed?type=fvod&id=12198"></iframe>

LABillsFan
02-09-2008, 05:19 AM
What is your point????

Meathead
02-09-2008, 10:49 AM
yeah what did he say that we didnt know already

so they couldnt sign either of the captains because of the salcap. he says they wouldnt have been able to sign vanek or roy or hecht if they had kept either or both of the captains

ok what wasnt said is that a) if they had been proactive they could have had both captains for less than theyve ended up paying vanek and roy - who would you rather have 2) not signing either of them forced their hand on vanek. if they had either captain they could have let vanek walk if that offer came in and got a fistful of first round choices

it is what it is and theres nothing you can do about it now so id rather look forward but i dont like being lied to. just say it up front, they ***ked up royally and the club has been hurt because of it. i would respect you a lot more if you just played it straight

Mitchy moo
02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
yeah what did he say that we didnt know already

so they couldnt sign either of the captains because of the salcap. he says they wouldnt have been able to sign vanek or roy or hecht if they had kept either or both of the captains

ok what wasnt said is that a) if they had been proactive they could have had both captains for less than theyve ended up paying vanek and roy - who would you rather have 2) not signing either of them forced their hand on vanek. if they had either captain they could have let vanek walk if that offer came in and got a fistful of first round choices

it is what it is and theres nothing you can do about it now so id rather look forward but i dont like being lied to. just say it up front, they ***ked up royally and the club has been hurt because of it. i would respect you a lot more if you just played it straight

I stll think someone's head needs to roll because of it.

JD
02-09-2008, 11:36 AM
******ed thread #154287 for losman wins :up:

Philagape
02-09-2008, 01:55 PM
They could have been ours for 11.5 a year, which is reasonable, affordable and better than what we have now.

The Stooges' PR is BS.

LABillsFan
02-09-2008, 02:31 PM
TG states that if they had signed those guys the Sabres wouldn't have been able to sign Vanek, Roy or Hecht. Which is probably true.

So does that mean they won't sign Campbell due to the fact they won't be able to lockup in long term deal, Peters, Connolly and Max? The logic in forfeiting 2 top tier players to resign 3 lower tier players still amazes me.

PUCKER
02-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Weve heard this before. :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
02-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Everything is great...the Sabres are great...we're going to win the Cup!

G Wolly
02-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Give it up, there's no sense continuing to ask questions on what happened because it's not bringing them back.

Leave it alone and move on already.

JD
02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Everything is great...the Sabres are great...we're going to win the Cup!
Yeah someone definitely hacked his account