PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: wow...compare these ticket prices: - Rent the movie "Rollerball"

Ebenezer
02-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Forked from: wow...compare these ticket prices: (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2322852)

Wrong..you're way out of touch with reality. Charging ridiculous amounts of money for professional sports will eventually kill professional sports.

I think folks should go back and rent the movie Rollerball. I didn't see the remake but I am talking about the original with James Caan. Watch the movie for the action and intrigue but pay attention to the "incorporation" of the sport. It is eerie how close to reality some of the material in the movie is coming. Football has become a big business and that doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing.

Nighthawk
02-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I know, it should make the average fan step back and take notice. It's not a good place that sports is going.

gr8slayer
02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
The NFL will be fine with or without the Buffalo Bills. I know it's your dream that if the Bills leave the NFL will collapse but you can keep dreaming because it won't happen. There are plenty of people who will pay the price to attend games.

Nighthawk
02-09-2008, 11:42 AM
The NFL will be fine with or without the Buffalo Bills. I know it's your dream that if the Bills leave the NFL will collapse but you can keep dreaming because it won't happen. There are plenty of people who will pay the price to attend games.

It's not about Buffalo. Look at Denver...their owner is now saying the same thing. You need to stick your head outside of Dallas and see what the reality really is.

gr8slayer
02-09-2008, 11:57 AM
It's not about Buffalo. Look at Denver...their owner is now saying the same thing. You need to stick your head outside of Dallas and see what the reality really is.
I'm perfectly in touch with reality thank you. You need to drop the apocalypse scenario because it's not going to happen. The NFL will be around and be just as powerful long after you and I are both pushing up daisies.

raphael120
02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Well look at what the NBA became. It's become bout big name players and absolutely no teams.

Nighthawk
02-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Well look at what the NBA became. It's become bout big name players and absolutely no teams.

That is an excellent example.

gr8slayer
02-09-2008, 06:09 PM
the NBA has never been as powerful as the NFL is right now.

You'll have to excuse my errors, typing on an iPhone sucks :ill:

Ebenezer
02-09-2008, 08:40 PM
you guys missed the point of my post.