• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

If your a Tom Brady fan, dont read this

I respect all of you who feel Tom Brady is one of the best ever. His numbers seem to say he is. I firmly believe that he is an above average but not a star QB on one of the best teams ever.

I further theorize that Tom Brady himself knows that he would not be anything remotely great on any other team and that is why hes has given the Pats the bargain basement deal on his contract. Well, those times may be changing... soon.

----------

BIG 2008 CAP NUMBER FOR BRADY
    A reader has asked us to resolve an apparent conflict between available information regarding the 2008 cap number of Pats quarterback Tom Brady.
    On closer inspection, there is no conflict. But, still, Brady has a huge cap number for 2008.
    As ESPN.com's Mike Sando reports, Brady is due to earn $8 million in salary and bonuses this year. We've learned that Brady's salary is $5 million, and he's due to receive a $3 million roster bonus.
    But as accurately pointed out at PatsCap.com, Brady's full cap number includes another $6.62 million in bonus proration, pushing the total to a whopping $14.62 million. A lot of it comes from Brady's 2007 renegotiation, which dropped his cap number by cutting his salary to $720,000. The rest of his salary for 2007 was converted to a guarantee, pushing a large portion of the cap charges into future seasons.
    The Patriots could nudge two-thirds of Brady's 2008 pay above the minimum salary into 2009 and 2010, the final two years of his contract, via another simple renegotiation. But it also might be prudent at this time to adjust the league MVP's pay by signing him to a new deal that extends well into the next decade.
    Even though Brady likely is still willing to give the Pats a hometown discount in order to allow the team to have enough money available to sign other key players, even something on the low end of fair for Brady requires a nine-figure commitment, and at least $30 million in guaranteed money.

--------------------------------

Unselfish? probably. But, does he know that hes not the best ever? PROBABLY!

• Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: If your a Tom Brady fan, dont read this

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
    I respect all of you who feel Tom Brady is one of the best ever. His numbers seem to say he is. I firmly believe that he is an above average but not a star QB on one of the best teams ever.

I further theorize that Tom Brady himself knows that he would not be anything remotely great on any other team and that is why hes has given the Pats the bargain basement deal on his contract. Well, those times may be changing... soon.

Unselfish? probably. But, does he know that hes not the best ever? PROBABLY!

Are you kidding? This is so far out there I couldnt tell if you were being funny or if you are actually for real.

Maybe youre right, between collecting superbowl rings, breaking records, winning awards and making stars out of WR's who didnt come close to thier numbers with him anywhere else he really is just average.

Luckily he consoles his mediocrity by rolling off supermodels after each victory, I mean lets face it tossing 3-4 touchdowns every game will have any QB disgusted with his performance. Stupid 117 QB rating, that **** is weak.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

I respectfully disagree... I dispise marcia but I do feel he is the best QB I have ever seen.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

I find it sad and pathetic that there are so many people ready to jump up and kick Brady when he's down. That's really big of you folks to do that. Does it make you feel better about yourselves?

Look folks, like him or not, Tom Brady has been a top QB in this league for a number of consecutive years now. He put all doubts aside in my mind last season when Gaffney was a starter and he still put up strong numbers and lead that team deep into the playoffs. Do you believe that Joe Montana and Steve Young would have been who they were without the likes of Jerry Rice and Company? Look at Brett Favre over the years. From MVP to dog and back again depending on the talent around him. You give these guys all the credit, why not Brady? Besides, he's also been a pretty decent guy along the way - especially for an pro ball player who apparently has everything.

In regards to this superbowl, he did manage to orchestrate what should have been the game winning drive. So, for all your harping on poor game this, and average QB that, Tom Brady got the job done in crunch time, when it mattered, with everything on the line. If anything, he deserves some praise for getting up off the mat after the beating of his life, and persevering when his team needed him most.

You don't need to be a fan of Brady to appreciate his accomplishments. You do need to be a fool not to at least respect what he has done on the field.
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

True. It's not like Brady was helped by the officials, cheating by videotaping, additional frequencies (as per Flutie), and teammates taking HGH.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Hopefully this thread is a joke

Comment

• losman420
              • Dec 2006

i wish we still had the option to groan.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Regardless of his accomplishments, if more evidence comes to light in reference to cheating his legacy will be tarnished and true abilities questioned.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                  Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                  • Dec 2005

I don't care. I got to see him loose the super bowl and thats all i really care about. I'm sure he sold his soul to the devil to get everything he has and hey thats cool.

What annoys me about tom brady is the way ESPN licks his crack any chance they get. I know it's not his fault but it gets annoying to hear TOM BRADY TOM BRADY TOM BRADY every time you watch sportscenter or anything on ESPN. The biggest crap i heard was this before the super bowl. ESPN asked sallsburrysteak if P.Manning or Favre were the QB of the Pats would they be 18-0 and he said no way. I mean seriously those two are just as good if not better then Brady.

Thats why people hate Brady were sick of hearing about how great he is. I'm sure some church in Boston is trying to get him to saint status.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                    there are so many people ready to jump up and kick Brady when he's down. That's really big of you folks to do that. Does it make you feel better?
                    yes.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Yo I HATE this guy. Great QB and all, but a straight up douchebag. just kinda goes around partying, posing for gay mags, and impregnating then ditching supermodels. Some of you will say that's living the dream, but that's their problem. That and he's a pansy on the field, a **** talker off of it, and a major choke artist in the Super Bowl this year.

I met a housemate of his at U of M this year at a bar. Said although they were good friends, he was a selfish jerk at many times.

Good to great QB, awful person. The latter is what counts in my book.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                        Are you kidding? This is so far out there I couldnt tell if you were being funny or if you are actually for real.

Maybe youre right, between collecting superbowl rings, breaking records, winning awards and making stars out of WR's who didnt come close to thier numbers with him anywhere else he really is just average.

Luckily he consoles his mediocrity by rolling off supermodels after each victory, I mean lets face it tossing 3-4 touchdowns every game will have any QB disgusted with his performance. Stupid 117 QB rating, that **** is weak.
                        Worship him if you like. Hes giving NE a hometown discount for a long time. If he had demanded what you think hes worth they would not have been able to sign squat and consequently not gone to as many SB's.

Its my opinion. Is he a star on a good team or a good player on a star team. I think its the later.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

I find it sad and pathetic that there are so many people ready to jump up and kick Brady when he's down. That's really big of you folks to do that. Does it make you feel better about yourselves?

Look folks, like him or not, Tom Brady has been a top QB in this league for a number of consecutive years now. He put all doubts aside in my mind last season when Gaffney was a starter and he still put up strong numbers and lead that team deep into the playoffs. Do you believe that Joe Montana and Steve Young would have been who they were without the likes of Jerry Rice and Company? Look at Brett Favre over the years. From MVP to dog and back again depending on the talent around him. You give these guys all the credit, why not Brady? Besides, he's also been a pretty decent guy along the way - especially for an pro ball player who apparently has everything.

In regards to this superbowl, he did manage to orchestrate what should have been the game winning drive. So, for all your harping on poor game this, and average QB that, Tom Brady got the job done in crunch time, when it mattered, with everything on the line. If anything, he deserves some praise for getting up off the mat after the beating of his life, and persevering when his team needed him most.

You don't need to be a fan of Brady to appreciate his accomplishments. You do need to be a fool not to at least respect what he has done on the field.
                          Well, then Im not the fool you speak of. Simply re-read my first few comments and you will find the error of your label.

No one said he stinks. No one said he didnt do what he did. What IM saying is that the Pats have benefited from Tom Brady giving them a big time break on his contract. I then theorized that Tom made this concession in part because its his team, but also because deep down inside he knows he wouldnt be what he is on any other team.

I think hes less like Peyton Manning, the TRUE best QB of all time IMO, and more like Kurt Warner than people want to admit.

And as far as his being a father out of wed-lock, Im suprised that so many would then claim hes a hero.

No matter, he could easily start to strap the Pats big time on the cap and start the eventual demise of this so called dynasty.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

I know that after seeing Brady get humiliated in SB 42 that his aura of invincibility is somewhat shattered but make no if and's about it, Brady is right up there with Joe.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

LOL, I'm sure Tom's feelings are really hurt. I feel much better now.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X