PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams.

Confused
02-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Williams is officially on the trading block. Moss came to NE for a fourth, but Welker and Chambers went to their respective teams for 2nds. I think he'd conme here for our 2nd. Freeing up or 1st round pick to get a stout OLB or DT rather than a stretch WR at 11.
I'm a HUGE Roy Williams advocate I know, this guy is flippin PERFECT for us here in Buffalo.

mybills
02-10-2008, 08:48 AM
He has no integrity. :ill:

hydro
02-10-2008, 09:31 AM
He has no integrity. :ill:
:huh:

Confused
02-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe so. He's awesome. We have no-one of his caliber here in Buffalo. Also, Who would want to play in Detriot? that city is WORSE than Buffalo. ever been there? I can identify with his contempt.
Trade for Roy-boy. Good things will follow.

Luisito23
02-10-2008, 09:41 AM
I would do it for a 3rd. but no more than that. Good player, but he's always injured, plus who knows how much it would cost to keep him longterm.

Jayhawk
02-10-2008, 10:12 AM
why do we want the UNC coach? ;)

Confused
02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Do you think there is a JP package that would work for Detroit and allow us to at least keep our first 3 if not 4 picks?

Roy Williams is a more proven player than any of the Draft choices(sweed is the closest thing to an exception of the bunch) and is a better prospect than the next best WR in FA-Bryant Johnson.

PLUS, could we sign him for a year here like N.E. did with moss and stallworth? that way we dont stand to loose much. IMHO, this isnt the best idea.

Devin
02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Detriot has Stanton who by all accounts they are very high on.

Roy Williams has long been known to "play for the contract" while I dont question his talent I just dont see this regime taking much interest in a gy like that.

Confused
02-10-2008, 02:13 PM
THEY ARE LOSING KITNA.

gr8slayer
02-10-2008, 06:12 PM
There are 31 other teams that will also be interested in the services of Roy Willams. 29 of those teams will be able to out bid us.

Confused
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
A sad reality a genuine Bills fan is used to looking past whilst dreaming, slayer.

gr8slayer
02-10-2008, 06:18 PM
A sad reality a genuine Bills fan is used to looking past whilst dreaming, slayer.
Yeah, it gets old quick.... Even sadder is the fact that we have the cap space to compete with the top teams searching for his services but we refuse to spend it.

Confused
02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Yer preachin to the choir.....

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Williams is officially on the trading block. Moss came to NE for a fourth, but Welker and Chambers went to their respective teams for 2nds. I think he'd conme here for our 2nd. Freeing up or 1st round pick to get a stout OLB or DT rather than a stretch WR at 11.
I'm a HUGE Roy Williams advocate I know, this guy is flippin PERFECT for us here in Buffalo.
Link? I have not seen anything other than message board hearsays that suggest Roy Williams is on the block. What makes it "official"?

Confused
02-11-2008, 06:17 AM
link. I cant do that stuff. i suck. saw it on footballsfuture.com

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Following that trail, this is what I found:

Don't believe the recent rumors you hear about Lions receiver Roy Williams getting traded.

Oh, the Lions will entertain trade offers for Williams but, according to a source close to the situation, the Lions will only pull the trigger on a deal if there's overwhelming value for Detroit. Williams is on the trading block, but not the same block as defensive tackle Shaun Rogers. The Lions want to part with Rogers if they get decent value and there's more motivation for head coach Rod Marinelli to move on without Rogers.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/dont_expect_roy_williams_to_be.html

Sounds like he's on the trading block the same way every play on every team is.

kernowboy
02-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Basically Roy Williams is on the block like Shaun Rogers but the difference is, the Lions actually want to cut their losses with Rogers.

I think unless they get an amazing offering they'll look to keep Williams for another year. He may become a free agent in 2009, but is big issue was with Mike Martz who has now left. Considering his value he might get tagged with the franchise tag

I think they would expect at least a 2 and a 3 if not the first rounder to part with Williams.

A good player but we still can get great value holding on to our pics

njsue
02-11-2008, 01:32 PM

How is his off the field character? I would love to see a big WR be added to the list of Weapons for Trent.

Confused
02-11-2008, 07:24 PM
booty.