PDA

View Full Version : The Bills aren't moving for another 5 years, so can we drop it!!

HHURRICANE
02-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Can we move on?!

1) Ralph is a piece of crap. He knows Golisano could buy the team and keep it here but his ego is going to stand in the way. He wants to die as an NFL owner so he can have his legacy set forever.

2) Nothing is going to happen for 5 years so lets move on.

3) Nothing is going to happen for 5 years so lets move on. Please refer to point #2!!

4) Nothing is going to happen for 5 years so let's move on. Please refer to point #3!!

bflojohn
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree, just enjoy the moments as they happen folks, as a matter of fact become even more passionate about the Bills, it couldn't hurt!

Jayhawk
02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
it's not going to be dropped

Mitchy moo
02-10-2008, 03:23 PM
1,2, drop it. Is it that easy? 5 years or RIP ralph, whichever comes first.

OpIv37
02-10-2008, 05:36 PM
where did this arbitrary 5 year number come from?

OpIv37
02-10-2008, 05:37 PM
it's not going to be dropped

it shouldn't be dropped because it's a very real possibility- the fact that some people here don't want to deal with reality doesn't change it.

gr8slayer
02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
it shouldn't be dropped because it's a very real possibility- the fact that some people here don't want to deal with reality doesn't change it.
:whistle:

bflojohn
02-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I imagine the five year window is the notion that the Toronto games are staggered over the next five years and there is the likelihood that the other 7 games MIGHT be played at the Ralph!! Any questions? Caveat: Unless Mr. Wilson dies before then, then ALL bets are off.

Jan Reimers
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
What if Ralph dies next week?

HHURRICANE
02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
What if Ralph dies next week?

We still have 5 years left on the lease.

ddaryl
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow ignore the facts for 5 years and then what?

People want to save the team from potentially moving... therfore discussions must start, plans must be hatched, and enacted now not in 5 years.

If Ralph Wilson dies there is a strong possibility that a court of law will allow the next owner to terminate the remaining years on the lease.

Follow the Seattle Supersonics in which the new owners have already told Seattle there moving to Oklahoma and are presently in court proceeedings regarding the termination of the lease which still has another year after this one.

this might or might not be allowed, but a judge, knowing full well about the signed lease agreed to hear that case.

Jan Reimers
02-12-2008, 05:40 AM
I believe there is a buyout provision in the lease, which actually diminishes each year. It is probably not a big number at this point.

LtFinFan66
02-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Can we move on?!no

Night Train
02-12-2008, 05:53 AM
I believe there is a buyout provision in the lease, which actually diminishes each year. It is probably not a big number at this point.

Indeed. It's something like 15-20 Mil, IIRC.

Dujek
02-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Burying your head in the sand will only increase the chances of the Bills moving. Everyone has to be vocal in their support of the team, and in their demands that the Bills stay in Buffalo, or else there will not be a team to support.

The time to act is now, not in 5 years, because then it would be too late. I'll give you a quick example, in 1998 Rupert Murdoch attempted to buy Manchester United, and as fans a large group of us formed Shareholders United, bought a large enough stake in the club to have a say, and then got the Monopolies Commision to block the sale. The problem is we then got lazy, instead of moving on and bringing more people in and taking a real stake in the club we sat still, and lost the ownership to that poisonous little dwarf Glazer and his cloned children. If we had acted in 1999 we'd have been able to stop Glazer in 2005, likewise Bills fans need to act in 2008 to still have a team in Buffalo in 2013.

kernowboy
02-12-2008, 06:28 AM
As mentioned, there is always a way out of stadium leases, and what will be the determining factor is whether the cost of penalty payments outweighs the anticipated revenue at new venue.

At present the most likely franchise to be moved is the Jaguars and it would not surprise me if they relocate to San Antonio where they are spending $150m upgrading the AlamoDome.

Of greater concern would be a city building a stadium and then looking for a tennant.

As for Los Angeles, if Al Davis dies, will the Raiders relocate back there? I think our saving grace will be that the NFL will want to have a franchise in the New York state area.

Wally The Barber
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm still having problems with #1 (lol)

Bone
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
THanks Hurrican it's getting really annoying.