PDA

View Full Version : Depth behind JP

kernowboy
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
That's Jason Peters.

I was pretty concerned that we had to start Chambers at LT against the Giants as he is nowhere near starting quality. We need to have a decent swing tackle, but most importantly someone who can cover the blindside of our QB as both Edwards and Losman are a little frail

Looking at those available who can play both sides we have these guys

Jordan Gross - way too expensive
Flozell Adams - too old
Kwarme Harris - too unreliable
Maurice Williams - probably wants to be starter.

I'd take a look at Mike Pearson of the Argonauts and formerly the Jags and Fins. He can only really play LT but I'd be more confident with him there than I would Chambers. If Walker got injured we could always slide Butler out or swap Peters to the right temporarily

gr8slayer
02-10-2008, 03:54 PM
None of those guys are backup players and after our spending spree on the OL last year I doubt we'll be picking up any big names this season. Look for us to pick an OT or two up in the draft though.

The Jokeman
02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
There isn't much in terms of UFA unless go after a guy like Travelle Wharton but he could be looking to start somewhere.

bflojohn
02-11-2008, 12:05 AM
A player coming out is OT Duane Brown from Virginia Tech. He has looked good in the practices and bowl games I've seen. He could be groomed to eventually start at ORT, and be the primary reserve for the Bills at either spot. Just a heads up!

ParanoidAndroid
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
With Whittle back, I imagine Butler would slide out and Whittle would play guard.

Wally The Barber
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Why are we concerned about depth behind Losman?

Maybe you think he will be in Buffalo..........not me!

mybills
02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Why are we concerned about depth behind Losman?

I wondered the same thing. Maybe he meant Trent.

Wally The Barber
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I wondered the same thing. Maybe he meant Trent.

One Sports writter said Losman will not be traded and now we have him as a starter! (lol)

Yasgur's Farm
02-11-2008, 02:43 PM
JP = Jason Peters.

That's Jason Peters.

DraftBoy
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I anticipate us grabbing an OG in the draft and Butler will become more of a utility OLmen.

The Jokeman
02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I anticipate us grabbing an OG in the draft and Butler will become more of a utility OLmen.
I thought Butler was going to be our swing OG/OT last year but he ended up starting. I don't know if that says more about Butler's abilities or the other OGs we have on the roster. That said it wouldn't shock me to see Butler replaced with a rookie yet am a little against it as one thing think this O-line needs is continuity so not sure looking for a replacement for Butler is something be looking hard at unless a guy like Eric Young's still around with one of our 3rd Rounders.

mybills
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
JP = Jason Peters.
Yes draz, we know. Just having some fun.

Yasgur's Farm
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Ahh I see... Gotta say I was surprized that it appeared you guys weren't reading the post.

TigerJ
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I can't imagine Kirk Chambers is in Buffalo's long term plans after he embarrassed himself coming in for Peters last season. There are a number of directions the Bills could move to address the issue. I don't think that includes drafting Ryan Clady of Boise State in round one of the draft as a few "brilliant" draft pundits have us doing in their mocks.