PDA

View Full Version : Preference for new owner of team?

YardRat
02-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Who would you prefer to see the 'lead man' for the new ownership group when the team actually does get sold? Kelly or Golisano?

Why?

Devin
02-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Tommy G.

Id not be dissapointed in either really. But my hope would be a billionaire like him would be able to free up some of our spending limits.

Jayhawk
02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Jimbo

tampabay25690
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Last I knew KELLY doesnt have that much $$$$$ so why would that make him an owner of the team.....If he has backers they will become owner of the team....Kelly would make a possible great GM....MAYBE

yordad
02-10-2008, 03:09 PM
You know, I was getting some investors together myself. I'm gonna make a run at it. How does "YORDAD STADIUM" sound?

blackonyx89
02-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Jimbo

Jimbo would stop at nothing in order to win a Super Bowl. Maybe not as a player, but as an owner, he would get the players and staff he needs to win it all. If he get the team,give him 5-7 years and they will win the Super Bowl!! Count on it!!!!

:D

gr8slayer
02-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Mark Cuban, he's willing to do what it takes to put a contender on the court/field year in and year out. He doesn't own a team for profit (he has enough money already), he owns them as a hobby and has a passion for being an owner. That's something that I think left Ralph long ago.

ajsdx
02-10-2008, 09:03 PM
You know, I was getting some investors together myself. I'm gonna make a run at it. How does "YORDAD STADIUM" sound?

If Jimbo is considered a serious candidate to be the next owner of the Buffalo Bills, then so is yordad. I support his plan to rename RWS to YDS as well. I nominate myself to be GM and perhaps also starting Quarterback. I feel that would give me some real authority in the huddle.

Buffatexas
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Mark Cuban, he's willing to do what it takes to put a contender on the court/field year in and year out. He doesn't own a team for profit (he has enough money already), he owns them as a hobby and has a passion for being an owner. That's something that I think left Ralph long ago.

I think Cuban would be out of the question. I cant see him giving up the mavs to take control of the Bills.

But it would not surprise me if he did throw his hat into the ring.

gr8slayer
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I think Cuban would be out of the question. I cant see him giving up the mavs to take control of the Bills.

But it would not surprise me if he did throw his hat into the ring.
He's stated on several occasions that he's interested in purchasing an NFL team.

chernobylwraiths
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Bob Rich Jr.

Bert102176
02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Jimbo of course Golisano is a cheap sob look at the Sabres now no and now they are gonna lose Campbell too

Bert102176
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Last I knew KELLY doesnt have that much $$$$$ so why would that make him an owner of the team.....If he has backers they will become owner of the team....Kelly would make a possible great GM....MAYBE

all Ralph would have to do is leave it to him in his will

Michael82
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I'd like to see Tom Golisano be the owner and then have him appoint Jim Kelly as his "Larry Quinn" type guy. :up:

superbills
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM

Just as long as the team stays here you call it "We Love Monkey-Balls Stadium" for all I care.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
all Ralph would have to do is leave it to him in his will

Inheritance tax!

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see Tom Golisano be the owner and then have him appoint Jim Kelly as his "Larry Quinn" type guy. :up:

Just like we talked about last night!

ajsdx
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Inheritance tax!

I have no idea if I am applying this correctly, or even if this is applicable at all, but according to Wikipedia, the estate tax in the US is $555,800 for the first $1.5 mill, and then 45% of whatever goes over 1.5 mill.

So assuming the Bills are worth like $700 million (according to Forbes 2005), that comes out to be $555,800 + 0.45($698.5 million) = $314,880,800. No wonder Ralph's kids don't want the team.

patmoran2006
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
can you imagine if Wys owned this team?

What would he name them? I'm sure he would rename them.

The Jokeman
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't think he would be love Jeremy Jacobs as owner.

FlyingDutchman
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Chuck Norris, I dare the NFL to try to move the team then.

gr8slayer
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Chuck Norris, I dare the NFL to try to move the team then.
:bf1:

G Wolly
02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Kelly wants revenge for the SB losses and would do everything in his power to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo.

gr8slayer
02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Kelly wants revenge for the SB losses and would do everything in his power to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo.
That's the kind of owner I want, a guy who's going to do everything it takes to build a winner. Sadly he doesn't have that kind of money unless he wants to be a minority owner.

The Jokeman
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
That's the kind of owner I want, a guy who's going to do everything it takes to build a winner. Sadly he doesn't have that kind of money unless he wants to be a minority owner.
I wouldn't want Kelly as look how great he's done with his restaurant downtown oh wait I mean look at how well he did managing Michael Vick's career oh wait. The fact is Kelly was a pretty good football player and is nice he stays in the community but to be honest think he's a lousy business man.

gr8slayer
02-12-2008, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't want Kelly as look how great he's done with his restaurant downtown oh wait I mean look at how well he did managing Michael Vick's career oh wait. The fact is Kelly was a pretty good football player and is nice he stays in the community but to be honest think he's a lousy business man.
Vick's career? I must have missed that one. I don't disagree with you though, just because you are good at football and have knowledge of the game doesn't mean you'll be a good GM or owner. I think more than anything Kelly's name might bring some credibility back to the Bills though on a national level.

Talk all you want about not caring what the rest of the nation thinks but the fact is that the more people see you the more people are likely to become followers and maybe even fans; more fans means more viewers, more viewers means more money for the league and less of an incentive to approve of a move.

Just a thought.