PDA

View Full Version : I could be mistaken....

OpIv37
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
but I believe that's 3 games in a row where Vanek has scored. It's about friggin time.

hydro
02-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Was it made official? I know RJ and Harry weren't exactly sure.

Meathead
02-10-2008, 08:33 PM
confirmed vanek

chernobylwraiths
02-10-2008, 08:39 PM
On Roy's first goal, Vanek stood right in front of the net to screen the goalie and the defense knocked him down allowing Roy to get the puck unscathed and put it in the open net.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Was it made official? I know RJ and Harry weren't exactly sure.

:sabres:

:nod: the goal was changed to Vanek's, it happened on the PowerPlay Campbell shot it from the point and Vanek tipped it. But keep this in mind this is where here was last year in the second half of the season he started getting hot and he wound up scoring 43 goals.

PUCKER
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
:bf1:

DrastiK
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
It definitely is about time. Although his goals aren't even that good of ones. Deflections. But at the end of the day, a goal is a goal.

Dr. Lecter
02-10-2008, 10:48 PM
He was also robbed big time once tonight.

Meathead
02-10-2008, 10:56 PM
deflections arent good goals?

r u FRIKKEN KIDDING ME?!??!!

im gonna go way out on a limb and guess youve never played

cuz deflections are just about the hardest thing to be good at

ive always been amazed at vaneks accuracy on deflections he has one of the highest percentages ive ever seen

i personally sucked at them and stopped way more many goals than i scored trying to do them. in fact i pretty much quit trying cuz i was making saves for their goalie more often than not

DrastiK
02-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I know they are definitely hard, but i should have put exciting instead of good, because that's what i ultimately meant. It's definitely hard and takes a lot of skill, but it's nowhere near as exciting as break away goals.

Meathead
02-10-2008, 11:24 PM
ok fair enuf but thats a preference issue

i love watching for vaneks deflections. i actually pay specific attention to him when hes on the pp and standing in front of the net to see if i can catch his deflections live. i can honestly say i get just as pumped for that as i do a breakaway

and you will notice the other players are always giving him those fake shot half speeders trying to give him chances cuz they know hes so good at them

MikeInRoch
02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
I know they are definitely hard, but i should have put exciting instead of good, because that's what i ultimately meant. It's definitely hard and takes a lot of skill, but it's nowhere near as exciting as break away goals.

I'll take 3 non-exciting goals over 2 exciting ones any time.