PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green perfect fit for QB depth for Buffalo!

bigbub2352
02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I am not one to go after all the players cut by other teams, but assuming we trade JP Losman for a mid day pick, i think bringin in Trent Green to help mentor and develop a young gunslinger in Trent Edwards would be a great move
Trent was a very effective QB in his prime
Was a backup before and at this stage in his career would be perfect to help along a very intelligent QB
would do fine in clean up duty as well as if TE goes down he could hold down the ship until TE came back
Also would not comand alot of money proally vet minimum

That would solve one key problem going into the offseason

blackonyx89
02-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I am not one to go after all the players cut by other teams, but assuming we trade JP Losman for a mid day pick, i think bringin in Trent Green to help mentor and develop a young gunslinger in Trent Edwards would be a great move
Trent was a very effective QB in his prime
Was a backup before and at this stage in his career would be perfect to help along a very intelligent QB
would do fine in clean up duty as well as if TE goes down he could hold down the ship until TE came back
Also would not comand alot of money proally vet minimum

That would solve one key problem going into the offseason

Sounds like a good acquisition if you can get him.

:respect:

more cowbell
02-12-2008, 09:18 AM
:millhouse

trapezeus
02-12-2008, 09:29 AM
sounds like he'd be a better QB coach than someone you'd have to depend on if trent got hurt.

another thing, the guy has had two severe concussions. Someone should be talking sense to him to give it up. It's over for Trent Green. and the longer he stays in the league, the more danger he is doing to himself.

djjimkelly
02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
trent green is a perfect fit for the glue factory. no thank you

Jayhawk
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd rather bring Gale Gilbert out of retirement than have Trent Green.

Mr. Miyagi
02-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with Trent Green being our backup, but I wouldn't even consider it until JP is traded away. Otherwise JP's trade value would drop like a rock for us, see Kansas City with Trent Green last season.

Night Train
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
He's had his bell rung so many times that the next hit may kill him. It's probably wise that he retires.

gr8slayer
02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Pass, I'd rather draft that Johnson guy that DB keeps talking about. You can't mess with stats like that.

bigbub2352
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
he doesnt even have to be the primary backup, we can draft someone in the later rounds as well, just a thought

TigerJ
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Trent Green is one of several viable options. I'm just not sure how much he has left in the tank.

Static
02-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Green isn't even medically cleared to play yet.

don137
02-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I truly hope Green has enough common sense to know when to call it quits...

bigbub2352
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Hire him as Offense Quality control

Philagape
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
He needs to retire

patmoran2006
02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with Trent Green being our backup, but I wouldn't even consider it until JP is traded away. Otherwise JP's trade value would drop like a rock for us, see Kansas City with Trent Green last season.
JP's own horrible play made his trade value plummet already anyway.. Who cares about him.. Get rid of the potential future cancer on this team, and bring in a good backup QB who will embrace his role and hopefully mentor Trent a little bit.

feldspar
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Trent Green will be 38-years-old come the beginning of next season.

He should retire.

jimbo
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
while were considering Trent Green lets consider Trent Dilfer while were at it.

raphael120
02-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Holy crap...each and every day someone makes a thread about every single FA to hit the market and want him here. Have some kinda standards, guys.

Philagape
02-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Holy crap...each and every day someone makes a thread about every single FA to hit the market and want him here. Have some kinda standards, guys.

The standard here is they've heard of him.

gr8slayer
02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
You're grouping everyone into one group and some of us don't fit that mold.

Mike13
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Hmm when he's a Dolphin he sucks big time, but when there's a chance of him being a Bill you guys want him?

Nice ******ed ass logic there.

Jan Reimers
02-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Hire him as Offense Quality control
We already hired Hackett for that position.

Dozerdog
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
-IF we moved JP Losman for VALUE

-IF we could get him at under a million in cap space

I would not be opposed.

Ed
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Hmm when he's a Dolphin he sucks big time, but when there's a chance of him being a Bill you guys want him?

Nice ******ed ass logic there.
I would say most people on here don't want him. And the only people that do, want him as a back-up. It's not like we're talking about trading a draft pick for him to be our starter.

Ed
02-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Also, I seriously doubt Trent Green wants to be a back-up. I don't know why people always assume that veteran players are interested in mentoring younger guys.

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Maybe cause many Qbs later in there career take a back up position, in the hopes that if the starter goes down they will have the oppurtunity to get playing time, they no they are up there and most teams dont want a older QB at the helm, gee i guess nobody ever heard of Brunell, Dilfer, Collins, Ferotte, Carr, Harrington, Huard, McKown, Culpepper, Kitna (who finally got a shot in Detroit) Garcia who finally got another shot in TB, but i guess there is no logic to my thinking whatsoever
God Forbid we actually do something smart and bring in a vet QB like Holocomb, to mentor the young guy and be the saftey net incase of injury
Trent Green would be happy to have a job this next season let alone a starting postion

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
We already hired Hackett for that position.

I know i was just kiddin, pokin fun at alot of peoples reaction is all

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 10:30 AM

Sorry i thought one of more pressing needs this offseason, is Vet help at QB?
if u actually read the thread it say assuming we trade JP

Gee no logic in bringing in a 15yr vet to help mentor a second year signal caller
I guess that has never been done in the NFL before
and i have heard of alot of players but please enlighten me more with ur wisdom

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 10:33 AM

Go back and try to find threads were everytime someone gets cut i am saying to sign him,
There are a few players i thought could have helped our team since we had 17 players on IR last year
and again if u read the original post u will see i said assuming we trade JP, i guess there is no logic in bringin in a Vet to help a young QB i guess that has never been done before

Man some of u guys are very narrow minded
It is not like i want him here to take us to the superbowl

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Also, I seriously doubt Trent Green wants to be a back-up. I don't know why people always assume that veteran players are interested in mentoring younger guys.

If he does play and doesnt retire, he will defintly sign somewhere as a backup
Guaranteed

Saratoga Slim
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
JP's own horrible play made his trade value plummet already anyway.. Who cares about him.. Get rid of the potential future cancer on this team, and bring in a good backup QB who will embrace his role and hopefully mentor Trent a little bit.

yeah. and if we're looking for a backup to Trent Edwards....it shouldn't be in the draft. IF we've decided to go ahead with TE as the franchise guy, we need a backup who isn't starting from scratch and can step in and manage a game or two if needed, and who can mentor TE each day.

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
yeah. and if we're looking for a backup to Trent Edwards....it shouldn't be in the draft. IF we've decided to go ahead with TE as the franchise guy, we need a backup who isn't starting from scratch and can step in and manage a game or two if needed, and who can mentor TE each day.

Couldnt agree more, Trent Green mite not be a fan fovorite, but would be nice mentoring a young QB

HHURRICANE
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Guys this would be a good backup. Hence the word B-A-C-K-U-P!!

We aren't asking him to start.

gr8slayer
02-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Guys this would be a good backup. Hence the word B-A-C-K-U-P!!

We aren't asking him to start.
I don't want him as a backup either.