PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's not a loser franchise!!! Here's why....

blackonyx89
02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
The AFL Championships. You old school Bills fans know this. I get tired the Bills won't ever win a Super Bowl. They won 2 titles! What's the deal? There are teams that haven't won ANYTHING!!! It's not all gloom and doom. Heck, I wasn't even born and I know when you win a championship,that's all that matters.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I'd like to see something in my lifetime.

gr8slayer
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Who cares? They haven't won a damn thing in the NFL, until they do they will never get any respect from anyone.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
I agree, they won two championships over 40 years ago in a league that doesn't exist anymore. I would think that 90% of the people on this board weren't born yet.

im4bflo
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree, they won two championships over 40 years ago in a league that doesn't exist anymore. I would think that 90% of the people on this board weren't born yet.

But us 10%er's :fogey: were, and I celebrate those BACK to BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS! I've got as much 'standing buffalo' merch, as I do
'stripey' stuff. And I've got STUFF! Years of collecting. GO BILLS!

venis2k1
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
They never should have merged the leagues anyways!!!! 6 Time AFL Champs!!!

TedMock
02-14-2008, 11:19 AM
The AFL Championships. You old school Bills fans know this. I get tired the Bills won't ever win a Super Bowl. They won 2 titles! What's the deal? There are teams that haven't won ANYTHING!!! It's not all gloom and doom. Heck, I wasn't even born and I know when you win a championship,that's all that matters.

Thank you! They were before my time, but I am a huge fan of the game in general, so I have all sorts of black and white footage.

The problem is that there are yahoos around the country who don't realize that the AFL was NOT a lesser league. There were just two leagues that merged. Yet, some feel that if it's not today's NFL, it's crap and it doesn't count. 100% pure ignorance, stupidity, youth, or just lack of appreciation of the actual game. Not sure which one until I meet the person. I do know that somebody who is not one of the above would never discount the AFL titles.

blackonyx89
02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Thank you! They were before my time, but I am a huge fan of the game in general, so I have all sorts of black and white footage.

The problem is that there are yahoos around the country who don't realize that the AFL was NOT a lesser league. There were just two leagues that merged. Yet, some feel that if it's not today's NFL, it's crap and it doesn't count. 100% pure ignorance, stupidity, youth, or just lack of appreciation of the actual game. Not sure which one until I meet the person. I do know that somebody who is not one of the above would never discount the AFL titles.

The thing about it that the Super Bowl is HYPED beyond belief! Sheesh! I know people may not like it,but it's the truth. If the Jets hadn't had won that game against the Colts, the NFL merger would've never happened and the Bills would've been considered a GREAT! team in the annals of football history. Just keeping it real !!!

:respect:

Johnny Bugmenot
02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
And the Arizona Cardinals aren't loser franchises, either. After all, they did win the NFL title... in 1947.

And maybe 1925, although that's still disputed.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
If the Jets hadn't had won that game against the Colts, the NFL merger would've never happened
Not true in the least. The merger was already finalized before the first Super Bowl even took place-- in fact, the merger agreement was what allowed the Super Bowl to take place. It was only the TV contracts that were keeping the two leagues separate until 1970. Until then, it was like baseball-- two leagues within a bigger organization.

And besides... if the merger never happened, the AFL would still be considered a minor league, probably merged with the long-defunct Continental League or something.