Adibi is better than Rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Adibi is better than Rivers

Look, Rivers is a good player but Xavier Adibi we can get in the 2nd or possibley the 3rd. He had far better stats and played on a average team. He is a more well rounded version of Rivers. Here are videos and stat comparisons.

. http://video.google.com/url?docid=-4...E9WkonJT2tK7pA

http://video.google.com/url?docid=-2...Xta93o4fyz1dZg

Adibi
    Stats Senior- 115 tackles and 2 ints last season, 3 sacks, 12 tackles for loss, 14 games
    career- 11 sacks, 291 tackles, 8 ints, 30 tackles for loss, 47 games

Rivers

Senior- 78 tackles, 0 INTs, 5 for loss, 12 games
    Career- 240 tackles, 2 ints, 18.5 for loss, 49 games
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Adibi is better than Rivers

couchscout.com rates him better than rivers too. He'd be a great pickup following the lackluster free-agency period i foresee. WR,TE,OLB. good draft to compensate for ralph trying to take money with him....

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
      couchscout.com rates him better than rivers too. He'd be a great pickup following the lackluster free-agency period i foresee. WR,TE,OLB. good draft to compensate for ralph trying to take money with him....
      I'm actually fine with the lackluster FA period. I would much rather have a team full of guys that we drafted with a few big name guys like Dockery sprinkled in here and there. Give me a great draft over a bunch of overpaid FA's any day.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        I'm actually fine with the lackluster FA period. I would much rather have a team full of guys that we drafted with a few big name guys like Dockery sprinkled in here and there. Give me a great draft over a bunch of overpaid FA's any day.
        We have money under the cash to cap model. Hoping we don't spend it is a horrible idea, IMO. As long as we use cash to cap, hiring over priced FAs is better than not spending it at all. Either way, the money is gone.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
          We have money under the cash to cap model. Hoping we don't spend it is a horrible idea, IMO. As long as we use cash to cap, hiring over priced FAs is better than not spending it at all. Either way, the money is gone.
          True, but I would hate to see us do something like give Marcus Trufant the $90,000,000 that he's asking for. That's the kind of overpaid FA I'm talking about.

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

True, but I would hate to see us do something like give Marcus Trufant the $90,000,000 that he's asking for. That's the kind of overpaid FA I'm talking about.
            I just dont see us spending any money on starters. we will do the typical bills FA in that we pick up a bunch of third stringers and has beens and busts(see teyo johnson) and try to make a championship caliber team from the dreggs of the NFL. Its so frustrating. hard to get amped up and buy those season tix i have said i was gonna buy for soooooo long.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I just dont see us spending any money on starters. we will do the typical bills FA in that we pick up a bunch of third stringers and has beens and busts(see teyo johnson) and try to make a championship caliber team from the dreggs of the NFL. Its so frustrating. hard to get amped up and buy those season tix i have said i was gonna buy for soooooo long.
              Trust me, you're preaching to the choir.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Can we actully wait till March before we start calling the bills cheap? Teyo Johnson and Darian Barnes were players that the bills signed durring the playoffs, I hardly think the bills brass see them as peices of the championship puzzle.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Yeah, everyone needs to remember that teams sign players like T. Johnson every year to fill in slots for training camp. Sometimes you strike gold and one of them will make the team, most of the time they won't even make the team.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Great points. You have to choose carefully who you go after in FA and then try to hit a homerun with your draft. This is the only way to win a championship.

Comment

• Bone
                      Bone
                      • Oct 2006

Yeah a lot of people love Rivers and I guaruntee he is a late 1st or second round pick.
                      BILLIEVE

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mitch20
                        Yeah a lot of people love Rivers and I guaruntee he is a late 1st or second round pick.
                        I don't think so...he'll be gone in the first 14 picks of the draft. IMO

Comment

• Confused
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jun 2007

I understand how the offseason should go night hawk. 'splain to me why it dont so much happen here in buffalo?(yes, the '07 draft was great, love the o-line, still a sceptic, think we got lucky in ways.)
                          I admire your optimism venis. every year i hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Im from western NY. Its in my blood.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

I understand how the offseason should go night hawk. 'splain to me why it dont so much happen here in buffalo?(yes, the '07 draft was great, love the o-line, still a sceptic, think we got lucky in ways.)
                            I admire your optimism venis. every year i hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Im from western NY. Its in my blood.
                            I hear ya. I don't understand why we can't finally put all together. I believe it has to do something with Ralph Wilson and the bad karma he brings to the team.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

Back to the topic at hand, Adibi does seem to be an intriguing choice, although I don't know much more about him than what you stated MLynch. Frees up our 1st for Sedrick Ellis.

Comment

Working...
                              X