PDA

View Full Version : I'd now like to welcome the Sabres to the 8th spot - REP THREAD!!

Mitchy moo
02-12-2008, 08:58 PM
10 points to roll Ottawa, F-them and the rest of this conference.

GO SABRES!!!

Meathead
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
sabres are crumbling

:lolpoint: nighthawk

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Great job by this team to get to this point. They HAVE to keep it up.

Meathead
02-12-2008, 09:02 PM
vanek gets the trick

but his goals arent exciting

:lolpoint: drastik

hydro
Great game by Vanek tonight! :gosabres:

TheGhostofJimKelly
They definitely dominated that game.

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
sabres are crumbling

:lolpoint: nighthawk

You're an idiot. I never said that. I have given this team props for their play during this stretch, but called them out when they gave up a 2 goal lead and lost. By the way, the Sabres themselves said it was their worst game, so I guess I wasn't too far off for being upset with them. Seriously, get an f'n clue and read my posts before you make yourself sound like a dumbass.

Mitchy moo
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
You're an idiot. I never said that. I have given this team props for their play during this stretch, but called them out when they gave up a 2 goal lead and lost. By the way, the Sabres themselves said it was their worst game, so I guess I wasn't too far off for being upset with them. Seriously, get an f'n clue and read my posts before you make yourself sound like a dumbass.

They have earned like 18 out of a possible 20 point in our stretch here, not really that bad.

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:10 PM
They have earned like 18 out of a possible 20 point in our stretch here, not really that bad.

Not bad at all. They've played great, but that game was atrocious on Friday and I said that. Otherwise, nothing to complain about during this stretch. When they play well, I give them credit. When they play bad, well, I'm going to say so. However, they played great tonight.

Meathead
This team lacks a veteran or two that can push them when times get tough. I've never seen a team crumble like this team does when times get tough. Hey, Darcy...take note of that effort tonight and the last game, because it shows the lack of heart from this team.

Mitchy moo
F-you Spezza.

hydro
02-12-2008, 09:11 PM
:bf1:Meathead

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Exactly! Are you telling me you don't think this team needs a veteran if they make the playoffs?

Mitchy moo
02-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Exactly! Are you telling me you don't think this team needs a veteran if they make the playoffs?

Lord knows that would be a big plus, what does the devil want us to pay.

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Lord knows that would be a big plus, what does the devil want us to pay.

That's the key, what is the price. I like the move that Ottawa made...2 veterans who should help them in the playoffs, although they didn't help tonight. :dance:

Mitchy moo
02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
That's the key, what is the price. I like the move that Ottawa made...2 veterans who should help them in the playoffs, although they didn't help tonight. :dance:

I personally think that chemistry on a team can take you really far as well.

F-you Heatley.

Typ0
02-12-2008, 09:18 PM

From this fans perspective the team is in good shape if they can sign Campbell and begin to work on Miller. Sure the right rent a player will help but who is the right one and can they be had? We have players here who can play that is clear.

helmetguy
02-12-2008, 09:19 PM
...although they didn't help tonight. :dance:

Stillman got a helper

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
From this fans perspective the team is in good shape if they can sign Campbell and begin to work on Miller. Sure the right rent a player will help but who is the right one and can they be had? We have players here who can play that is clear.

They couldn't win the cup last year with THAT team...IMO this team is not good enough to win the cup. However, if they can get hot (like they are) and add some players to the mix, then we might see something special. As a GM you need to know when to pull the trigger and that is something that Darcy doesn't have a good feel for. He had a chance to go for it last year and he didn't...but now he has another chance with this hot streak, so let's see what he can do. Sitting still would be the worst thing this FO could do.

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I personally think that chemistry on a team can take you really far as well.

F-you Heatley.

Agreed, but how'd that work last year or the year before? Granted the year before we got killed by injuries, so I don't really count that...we would have won the cup if we were healthy.

Typ0
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
They couldn't win the cup last year with THAT team...IMO this team is not good enough to win the cup. However, if they can get hot (like they are) and add some players to the mix, then we might see something special. As a GM you need to know when to pull the trigger and that is something that Darcy doesn't have a good feel for. He had a chance to go for it last year and he didn't...but now he has another chance with this hot streak, so let's see what he can do. Sitting still would be the worst thing this FO could do.

what are you so sure he could do that he isn't? Why don't you give the people a call who DR isn't dealing with right and get it fixed?

RockStar36
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
They should make at least one trade, however I'm not crazy about the rent a player deal. We saw how that worked out last year. And while I like the Ottawa trade right now, I have a feeling that it's going to bite them in the ass July 1st. Especially if they don't win the cup.

As for this team right now. I just want them to make the playoffs. Once the playoffs start, it's a new season. Just like when Edmonton rolled through the west. Not saying Buffalo would or will do that, but it shows that anything is possible once the playoffs start.

Mitchy moo
02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Agreed, but how'd that work last year or the year before? Granted the year before we got killed by injuries, so I don't really count that...we would have won the cup if we were healthy.

I hate to say it but we strived for the presidents trophy and it costs us energy for the playoffs. Let Detroit win the pres. trophy this season, I want the Sabres to be holding the cup.

Meathead
02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
both guys ottawa picked up are ufas next year and they gave up two good younger players to get them so its a pretty significant risk

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
what are you so sure he could do that he isn't? Why don't you give the people a call who DR isn't dealing with right and get it fixed?

I'm not saying that he could do anything right now...all I'm saying is that he should. We have to wait until the deadline to see what happens.

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
They should make at least one trade, however I'm not crazy about the rent a player deal. We saw how that worked out last year. And while I like the Ottawa trade right now, I have a feeling that it's going to bite them in the ass July 1st. Especially if they don't win the cup.

As for this team right now. I just want them to make the playoffs. Once the playoffs start, it's a new season. Just like when Edmonton rolled through the west. Not saying Buffalo would or will do that, but it shows that anything is possible once the playoffs start.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the "rent a player", but why would it have to be that situation? Why couldn't we just trade for a good player that would help us now and in the future? I just don't understand why that doesn't happen in the NHL anymore. Oh well, we have to wait and see.

RockStar36
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Agreed. I'm not a fan of the "rent a player", but why would it have to be that situation? Why couldn't we just trade for a good player that would help us now and in the future? I just don't understand why that doesn't happen in the NHL anymore. Oh well, we have to wait and see.

I would hope it isn't that situation but that is what I'm expecting. Then again, Darcy has made some pretty decent deals in the past so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this trade deadline.

Anyone catch the interview WGR had with Darcy today? I'd be curious to know if they are gonna wrap up Campbell or if he is still trade bait. With the way the team is playing now, I'd like to keep him. Then again, I don't want them to overpay either.

Nighthawk
02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I would hope it isn't that situation but that is what I'm expecting. Then again, Darcy has made some pretty decent deals in the past so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this trade deadline.

Anyone catch the interview WGR had with Darcy today? I'd be curious to know if they are gonna wrap up Campbell or if he is still trade bait. With the way the team is playing now, I'd like to keep him. Then again, I don't want them to overpay either.

It's a tough situation. I like Campbell, but I don't want to overpay for him and then be stuck with another huge contract, Vanek being the other, for a player that isn't really superstar. It's a tough call that I'm glad I don't have to make!

RockStar36
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM

It's a tough situation. I like Campbell, but I don't want to overpay for him and then be stuck with another huge contract, Vanek being the other, for a player that isn't really superstar. It's a tough call that I'm glad I don't have to make!

Exactly.

It's almost a lose-lose when you think about it.

Mitchy moo
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
[quote=Nighthawk]

Exactly.

It's almost a lose-lose when you think about it.

F-you Heatley.:dance:

MTBillsFan
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I know it's been a LONG time since I posted in here but GO SABRES! I hate the SENS!

clumping platelets
02-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Test them for Roids!

Jayhawk
02-13-2008, 05:44 AM
:respect:

Mitchy moo
02-13-2008, 06:12 AM

Crap the dreaded.....

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

F-you Spezza.

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Great win, that is how u do it, everyone earned there pay check and played there role, gotta do it every night now

SabreEleven
02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Great win, that is how u do it, everyone earned there pay check and played there role, gotta do it every night now

gotta agree with this statement. That was their most complete win in a long time, probably going back to the back-to-back wins against Philly.

But Derek Roy does have to pull his head out of his ass. He is totally ****ed in the head right now and making all bad decision or just ****ing up in general. Hitting all those post has made him a head case.

Mitchy moo
02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
gotta agree with this statement. That was their most complete win in a long time, probably going back to the back-to-back wins against Philly.

But Derek Roy does have to pull his head out of his ass. He is totally ****ed in the head right now and making all bad decision or just ****ing up in general. Hitting all those post has made his a head case.

Roy boy is going to snap to it soon, I have faith in him.

Typ0
02-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm not saying that he could do anything right now...all I'm saying is that he should. We have to wait until the deadline to see what happens.

and what I'm saying is DR would make ANY deal he saw as having a positive overall value for the franchise. That's where the disconnect is. You have yourself poised to thrash the guy if nothing happens...as if to make the assumption that there is something there he dropped the ball on.

Mitchy moo
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
and what I'm saying is DR would make ANY deal he saw as having a positive overall value for the franchise. That's where the disconnect is. You have yourself poised to thrash the guy if nothing happens...as if to make the assumption that there is something there he dropped the ball on.

Nighthawk
02-15-2008, 05:09 PM

It's not like this FO is known for dropping the ball or anything! :rolleyes:

Mitchy moo
02-15-2008, 11:37 PM
It's not like this FO is known for dropping the ball or anything! :rolleyes:

Like trying to find a cheap contract??

gr8slayer
02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
:bf1:

bigbub2352
02-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Go Sabres

LtFinFan66