BILLIEVE
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Patriots should have won the Superbowl *Proof*

I don't like your sig

But good video!

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

Boo frickin hoo

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Wow, some Patriot fans are a bunch of cry baby whiners. Get over it. You lost. Just shows you their arrogance that they can not accept that the Giants actually beat them.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

Very Pathetic

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Hello!

A step-by-step video of how the Pats were robbed of the SuperBowl win. This guy needs a ***** life. http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27384

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Denial is the first step.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

GOOD! It's about time a break went against them.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                  Profootballtalk.com had a good take on that lame video:

PATS PETITION, VIDEO ARE WAY OFF BASE

In one of the worst cases of collective sour grapes we've ever seen (we've used that term twice today), there's a petition and a step-by-step video on the Internet regarding the contention that the Pats were jobbed out of a Super Bowl win over the Giants.

The claim is that, after the Giants converted a fourth-and-short with less than one minute and thirty seconds remaining in the game, the clock should never have stopped, but should have continued to run.

Though the guy on the video acts like he knows what he's talking about, he doesn't. (His mistake was assuming that the FOX announcers were giving out complete, accurate information.) Rule 4, Section 5, Article 5 expressly permits a Referee's timeout "when there is the possibility of a measurement for a first down, or if the Referee is consulting with a captain about one."

That's precisely what happened. We've watched the video. After the play, Carey and other members of the crew were gathered in an effort to determine whether Jacobs had made a first down. Though a measurement wasn't deemed necessary, Mike Carey had to eyeball the situation before making a decision.

That's why six seconds were actually added to the clock. The clock should have stopped once it became clear that whether Brandon Jacobs had made it past the sticks would require a look-see.

As the disgruntled Pats fans are now arguing, Carey had zero discretion to kill the clock while he tried to confirm whether it was first-and-ten Giants, or first-down Pats. And that contention is just flat wrong.

The other reality that is being overlooked here is that the Giants would have been moving with a somewhat greater sense or urgency if Chris Berman had been saying "tick . . . tick . . . what the f--k do they think I'm doing here? . . . tick."

So it's a non-issue. Even if more than 16,700 fans mistakenly think it is.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                  X