PDA

View Full Version : Another "praise the Bills" article

Mr. Miyagi
04-08-2003, 10:46 AM
"The significance of signing of Adams, a 6-3, 330-pounder, can't be overstated, Gray said.

Teamed with Pat Williams, another beefy presence in the middle, Adams will discourage teams from running up the gut on Buffalo -- last year, the Bills gave up 4.5 yards per carry -- and he can also collapse the pocket.

Fletcher, who had a team-record 209 tackles last season, in theory, can start making hits closer to the line of scrimmage instead of five yards down field.

And Spikes and Posey should be free to run to the ball or to the quarterback.

"Those guys will keep London Fletcher clean," said Gray of Adams, Williams and third-year pro Ron Edwards, who will rotate into the mix."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/6300778

Doc
04-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Interesting that Gray mentions Edwards but not Bannan or Denney.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2003, 08:12 PM
maybe we will draft another DT, and they expect to cut Bannan and Denney.

venis2k1
04-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Denny is a DE, and Bannan will get some playing time this year, along with the rookie we draft(i am assuming we draft at least one DT in the first day)

TigerJ
04-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Some have speculated that Denney's best shot is to try and put on some muscle and try to fill the bill as a pass rushing DT. The Bills have given at least a hint that this is a possibility. I don't think he has too much of a chance at DE at this point. We'll see.

R. Rich
04-09-2003, 09:48 PM
There still may be hope for Denney as either an inside rusher or, if he ever refines his technique (stay low!!!), in the rotation at LDE. I hope he can turn it around in his second year.

TypicalBill
04-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Some have speculated that Denney's best shot is to try and put on some muscle and try to fill the bill as a pass rushing DT.

"When the Bills drafted the 6'7", 276-pound Denney out of Brigham Young, they said he might play as a defensive tackle in passing situations. However, defensive line coach John Levra said Buffalo would have the rookie concentrate only on defensive end at present. " TheInsiders

he has the frame to do that, he's 6'7" so he can do that, he could go upto around 310 with no problems. The catch here is that he has to maintain some of his speed. I trully beleive that he's better suited at DT. He's not a rookie anymore either.

so....we'll see