PDA

View Full Version : Do you really want Max back??

JD
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
The guy leads the team with a -10 and everyone here knows how much he coughs the puck up.

Lets make a blockbuster trade.

Package Max, Campbell and Kotalik for a top tier forward, and two pratt-like dman or a top tier forward, a pratt-like dman and a decent draft pick.

I think we've seen the best of Max. I'm over him

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2008, 12:24 PM
We need to keep Campbell

I would definitely want a healthy Max back. I am not opposed to trading Max or Kotalik however.

JD
02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I would love to keep Campbell, but we could get the most for him during this crucial stretch. It's a tough decision and I'm sure Darcy will just be like "Eh, **** it.. lets see how we do without trades".

Regier is so lucky Golisano is an absolute clueless owner. His interview on WGR just proves it. He said Regier and company have done an "AMAZING" job since new ownership of the team. He went on to talk about how they turned this franchise around, yadayada.... The bottom line is, and I would tell Golly this if I seen him in person, is Darcy flat out- LUCKED OUT! It just so happened "The New NHL" allowed for more breakouts, less grabbing etc. If this was 2003, Darcy would have been canned or possible attacked by angry mobs of people. It just so happened Briere became a SuperStar, even Regier himself didnt see that coming. The only person that deserves credit from the management side of this organisation would be Lindy Ruff. He trained the players in Rochester to adopt the Sabres style during the lockout which made it easier for them to make a transistion from the AHL to the NHL and back. If Campbell doesnt resign and we let him walk to free agency, all hell better break loose in this city.

I dont want to even begin to name off players we should have kept because its just so damn frustrating as a fan to think about. You guys can though :up: lol

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Max is a point a game guy when healthy.

Let's not dump him so quickly.

And suggesting they can Darcy is lunacy. He built the team and traded for Drury and Briere. Saying he lucked out is just a way to try and trivalize what he has done.

(Note: he also drafted Miller, Stafford and numerous others)

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Regier is so lucky Golisano is an absolute clueless owner. His interview on WGR just proves it. He said Regier and company have done an "AMAZING" job since new ownership of the team. He went on to talk about how they turned this franchise around, yadayada....
We have gone to the conference finals the last 2 years man. Agree on the fact he should have kept drury or briere.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2008, 12:52 PM

I don't know about that Lecter. He has played 504 career games and has 304 career points.

Michael82
02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Personally, I think the team has played better without Max and yeah he's a good player, but I like the younger guys mixed in right now. Max is too much about the skating and that's it. He turns over the puck too much.

SabreEleven
02-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't know about that Lecter. He has played 504 career games and has 304 career points.

and that would be 200 games with a point and that isn't counting the multiple point games. Not as good as advertised. I would like to see Max in the fastest skating competition. he would be good at that.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
He opens up the ice and definitely has been a better player in the last couple seasons. I hope he gets healthy soon. I would care less if they trade him though.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
2005-2006 - 77GP, 73 points
2006-2007 - 56gp, 61 points

Total - 133GP, 134 points

Since the league started to better enforce the rules.

A point a game.

bigbub2352
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
The problem with Max his whole career has been the fact that he cant finish, i luv his talent his speed his puck handling, i dont like his stupid penalties and how he shys away from contact, if the deal was right i would trade him, if not he needs to stay healthy for a season i dont think he has done that in like 5 yrs

Meathead
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
he was definitely in a funk when he went out, or more accurately had just started to come out of his funk, so his stats this year are depressed just like most everybody elses were early in the season

the fact remains that hes been a point producer and helps open up the ice for everybody when hes out there. he likely will always be relatively weak as a finisher but he still has a lot of value to the team

JD
02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
We have gone to the conference finals the last 2 years man. Agree on the fact he should have kept drury or briere.
and grier and dumont and zubrus and mckee and peca

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
and grier and dumont and zubrus and mckee and peca
You have me on Dumont and maybe Grier and Mckee, but Peca and Zubrus who cares. Peca was a complete ***** sitting out that whole year.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Should have kept Mckee, JP, and Grier, and got rid of Connolly and Kotalik

JD
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM

And suggesting they can Darcy is lunacy. He built the team and traded for Drury and Briere. Saying he lucked out is just a way to try and trivalize what he has done.

(Note: he also drafted Miller, Stafford and numerous others)

The credit is to the system created by Lindy. Drury is a -11, Briere is -20. What does that tell you? Its the system that made them look like superstars, without that they're just above average players.. not superstars.

Briere was placed on waivers, EVERY TEAM but Buffalo looked passed him. How can you say we didnt luck out with Danny??

Max has 18 points in 38 games, hardly "a point a game". If it was 05/06 again he might be doing better, but the NHL is going back to the clutch/grab/trap bull****. He has flash, but seldom finishes. However, I do feel teams would be interested in a healthy Max. Packaging him with Kots would stir up the team in a good way imo.

JD
02-13-2008, 06:19 PM
You have me on Dumont and maybe Grier and Mckee, but Peca and Zubrus who cares. Peca was a complete ***** sitting out that whole year.
Are you kidding??

Peca was a hardcore leader and well loved with in the community. That was a major **** up.

Who played man to man with Jaromir Jagr during the playoffs? Z U B R U S. And he ****ing shut him down. Without containing him I reallllly doubt we win that series. He had the upfront grit we as fans are looking for. He had balls, not once would he hold up when going into the corners.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
The credit is to the system created by Lindy. Drury is a -11, Briere is -20. What does that tell you? Its the system that made them look like superstars, without that they're just above average players.. not superstars.

Briere was placed on waivers, EVERY TEAM but Buffalo looked passed him. How can you say we didnt luck out with Danny??

Max has 18 points in 38 games, hardly "a point a game". If it was 05/06 again he might be doing better, but the NHL is going back to the clutch/grab/trap bull****. He has flash, but seldom finishes. However, I do feel teams would be interested in a healthy Max. Packaging him with Kots would stir up the team in a good way imo.

If is just the system that made them, then why are you biching about not signing them? You are contradicting yourself. Either they are big time players that were important or they are not.

As for Briere, we got him for Chris Freakin' Gratton. That was a steal. Throw in trades for Lydman and Drury (to start) and it shows you Darcy can wheel and deal when it is needed.

And Max was a point a game in 05-06 and 06-07. Not to mention his skills keep the defense back and open up the ice (as well as draw penalties). His skills bring more than one sees on the score sheet.

RockStar36
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I was all for trading him before. Now that he isn't playing and the team is winning I'm even more ok with trading him.

Michael82
02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
I was all for trading him before. Now that he isn't playing and the team is winning I'm even more ok with trading him.
Exactly!

JD
02-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Couldn't agree more :up: