PDA

View Full Version : LET'S GO CAPS!

OpIv37
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Well, not really.

But, if the Sabres can somehow get into the 6th seed and the Caps win the Southeast, that means the Sabres and Caps play in round 1.

That has 3 advantages:
1. We don't have to play Ottawa in Rnd 1
2. All of the first round games will be on local TV.
3. I'll be able to attend a Sabres playoff game (assuming tickets aren't too outrageous).

So, I want the Caps to win that division and just hope the Sabres end up in 6th.

BlackMetalNinja
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, not really.

But, if the Sabres can somehow get into the 6th seed and the Caps win the Southeast, that means the Sabres and Caps play in round 1.

That has 3 advantages:
1. We don't have to play Ottawa in Rnd 1
2. All of the first round games will be on local TV.
3. I'll be able to attend a Sabres playoff game (assuming tickets aren't too outrageous).

So, I want the Caps to win that division and just hope the Sabres end up in 6th.

I agree on everything except the team... Make it Carolina and I'll be a happy camper :up:

don137
02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree on everything except the team... Make it Carolina and I'll be a happy camper :up:

Sorry Op, I'm with BMN on this one...I may be able to attend a game if they play Carolina. Plus Carolina is weaker since they traded Stillman and Commodore.

SabreEleven
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM

Somehow? We are only a point away from 6th place and 4 from the dreaded 5th place. 6th place is in our sites.

BlackMetalNinja
02-14-2008, 10:17 AM
There is one problem with this scenario however... If it did play out that way, we'd likely be facing Ottawa in the 2nd round :(

hydro
02-14-2008, 10:21 AM
There is one problem with this scenario however... If it did play out that way, we'd likely be facing Ottawa in the 2nd round :(

Going to have to face them no matter what. Unless they are upset...

BlackMetalNinja
02-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Going to have to face them no matter what. Unless they are upset...

Let Heatly, Spezza, and Alfredsson get beat up a little longer first or something...

DraftBoy
02-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Screw that Go Atlanta! Then I get the local games and I can attend one!

SabreEleven
02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Last time we played Ottawa in the 2nd round, we beat 'em.

BlackMetalNinja
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Last time we played Ottawa in the 2nd round, we beat 'em.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEpr8moQBPs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEpr8moQBPs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:up:

hydro
02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Good Times!!

Meathead
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
yeah that was freakin awesome

bflo/nottawa has such a fresh oozing history that its gonna come down to who has the most drive. considering the whuppin they put on us as the favorites just last year i really like our chances against them. ill play them any round

but im down with rooting for a caps division win so op can go to the games and complain the whole way

OpIv37
02-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Somehow? We are only a point away from 6th place and 4 from the dreaded 5th place. 6th place is in our sites.

Don't take anything for granted with this team- right now they're on an incredible win streak and 6 weeks ago they were on one of the worst losing (or at least winless) streaks in team history. They're not going to catch Ottawa but it's entirely possible that they could end up anywhere from 4th seed to 10th and out of the playoffs. Anything can happen from here on out.

RockStar36
02-14-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd rather it be Carolina for revenge purposes.

Mitchy moo
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Sabres still have a chance to catch Ottawa, they have a shot at a possible 50 points left and if lately has been any indication, we have a good shot of taking a majority of them. We have earned 18 our of a possible 20 points in our last 10 games, that is freaking huge. If we continue on this torrid pace (not likely but hey how many easy teams did we play?) we'll earn 44 points more points for a total of 108. I expect us to finish ~98 points and grab the dreaded 5th seed.

OpIv37
02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Sabres still have a chance to catch Ottawa, they have a shot at a possible 50 points left and if lately has been any indication, we have a good shot of taking a majority of them. We have earned 18 our of a possible 20 points in our last 10 games, that is freaking huge. If we continue on this torrid pace (not likely but hey how many easy teams did we play?) we'll earn 44 points more points for a total of 108. I expect us to finish ~98 points and grab the dreaded 5th seed.

just like the losing (winless) streak had to end at some point, so does the winning streak. Runs like this are anomalies and they will not hold up forever. We're not catching Ottawa, deal with it.

And in the long run, it doesn't really matter. We were the #1 seed last year and it didn't get us any further than when we were a low seed two years ago. And I believe Edmonton got to the SC Finals as an 8 seed two years ago as well.

So, catching Ottawa would be nice for bragging rights but it doesn't guarantee anything.