PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Moore.. why not..

Tatonka
04-08-2003, 11:55 AM
sounds like he just needs rusty jones to whip his butt into shape.

Rashad Moore
Height: 6-3
Weight: 324
Position: DT
College: Tennessee

Analysis

Positives: Good athlete with that natural burst and snap anticipation skills to dominate coming out of his stance...Charges with explosive quickness and power...Can neutralize and control combo blocks, uses his hands with force to disengage...Has good lateral agility, finishing well on stunts...Collides with force and shows proper wrapup tackling technique...Maintains balance and uses his hands effectively to defeat low blocks...Has the ability to plant and drive on the ball, displaying above average quickness in long pursuit...Disruptive chasing the quarterback...Stays low and works his hips well shooting the gaps.

Negatives: Has very poor workout habits...Tends to put on considerable weight and shy away from the weight room when not monitored...Needs to drop twenty pounds in order to retain his explosion...Additional weight has robbed him of his lateral flexibility, but he does have an explosive straight-ahead burst...Gets too narrow based due to his soft midsection, resulting in blockers getting underneath his pads to drive him off the ball... Needs to show better leverage in his anchor...His tenacity only comes in spurts...Needs to break down and wrap better as ball carriers can elude him in space...Disrupts the action in the backfield, but just can't seem to get to the quarterback...Runs out of gas too much due to poor conditioning...Has a tendency to get too high in his stance when moving laterally and his lack of change of direction agility leaves him exposed too much...Attitude needs to be improved, as his coaches constantly got on him about his conditioning.

Career Notes

Took over as the team's defensive anchor in his final year after John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth departed for the NFL...Recorded 95 tackles (61 solos) with 3.5 sacks, nine stops behind the line of scrimmage, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and five pass deflections during his career.

2002 Season
All-Southeastern Conference honorable mention by the Associated Press...Started the first team and final two games at left defensive tackle...Recorded a career-high 41 tackles (28 solos) with two sacks for minus 26 yards and four stops for losses of 31 yards...Had a quarterback pressure, a forced fumble and three fumble recoveries.

Preseason...Bothered in spring drills with a nagging back strain.

Wyoming...Caused a fumble on an 11-yard sack.

Middle Tennessee...Recovered a fumble and made 3 hits.

Florida...Sacked QB Rex Grossman for a 15-yard loss, recovered a fumble and posted 5 tackles (4 solos).

Arkansas...Had a 5-tackle performance.

Georgia, Alabama and Miami...Totaled 4 tackles in each game.

Mississippi State...Recovered a fumble, returning the ball 9 yards for a touchdown, but left the game with a neck/shoulder stinger.

Vanderbilt...Did not play (neck/shoulder).

Maryland (Peach Bowl)...Closed out his career with 3 tackles (2 solos).

Tatonka
04-08-2003, 11:59 AM
the above post was from cbsportsline..

this is from tsn.comRashad Moore
War Room analysis
Strengths: Has a good natural combination of size, strength and quickness. Shows good bulk and power. Has a quick first step. Works well in the short area; can knock guards back off the line of scrimmage. Is strong at the point of attack. Is tough to move against the run. Is a fluid athlete; changes directions well. Has great strength as a bull rusher. Can penetrate in one-gap situations when fresh and coming out of stance low.

Weaknesses: Lack of experience shows in inconsistency, marginal hand use and leverage. Had only three starts heading into senior year; was limited by foot and ankle injuries in first two years. Technique can be inconsistent. Plays too high at times and loses power. Doesn't show many pass-rush moves. Has trouble breaking free once guard has locked on. Has trouble splitting double teams; gets frustrated and stands straight up instead of working to get through them. Lacks great closing speed on the pass rush.

Bottom line: Moore just doesn't show the closing speed that it takes to become an NFL playmaker at the position. He underachieved as a senior and will likely slip to the fourth or fifth round as a result.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a talented player with natural strength, explosiveness, quickness and size. Is a force against the run inside. Takes up a lot of space. Doesn't make enough plays, though. Needs to give a more consistent effort. Has had some injury problems. Needs to improve his attitude. Has late first-round talent, but won't be taken there.
Pompei DT ranking: No. 13.

The Spaz
04-08-2003, 12:04 PM
If he's there around the 4th or 5th round I would take a chance on him sure! Go Bills!

Tatonka
04-08-2003, 12:16 PM
"Has late first-round talent, but won't be taken there"

those are the things i look for.

The Spaz
04-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Man Tatonka I can't get enough of your avatar...lol:)j/k Go Bills!

Stewie
04-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Do we really want a young DT with poor workout habits to be added to a team with Fat Adams?

simpletask400
04-08-2003, 01:28 PM
I actually have him on my 7 round mock going to Buffalo in round 4.

I love the big giant DT's so this guy I really like.

For me, as far as DT's are concerned, the bigger the better!

Pride
04-08-2003, 03:26 PM
I would say that he is a 4th round gamble as well ST400.

I agree. Was Big Ted really that great? Or was he just strong and big?

lunatic_bills_fan
04-08-2003, 04:22 PM
I believe if you got talent, and got the phisical attributes, any NFL coaching staff and fellow players should be able to settle that attitude problem soon enough. If Big Pat talks, you LISTEN! I would definitely risk a 4th rounder on this guy and depending on how the draft looked in the 3rd, just maybe...

Tatonka
04-08-2003, 04:23 PM
i agree with that...

RedEyE
04-08-2003, 05:17 PM
I really like what I'm reading about him, but I can't say I remember seeing him play. It's a nice find Tatonka!.

He seems to have the talent but lacks discipline. GW can slim this fat boy down, feed him a couple of hard doses of ol' fashion discipline, and make a mean machine out of him. It's the one true talent that I really like about GW. He's tough on the young and he loves to trim fat players. He could shed 20 lbs in two seasons and be ready to go in his second season if one of the DTs drop to injury or contract squabbling. I'd like to see Buffalo draft him.

Tatonka
04-08-2003, 08:52 PM
i think the players do more of the in house discipline that the coaches really.. if a kid comes in and has a chance to be something... one of the big dogs will sit him down and say "look.. you can be a star.. but get your **** together, or you'll be just another waste."

TigerJ
04-09-2003, 11:22 PM
I like James Lee in that area of the draft (4th or 5th round). He's bigger and faster.

TypicalBill
04-10-2003, 12:48 AM
"Rashad Moore.. why not.. "

.....because! :D