• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

You be the GM...

Some of you may remember me doing this from the week before the draft last year. Well its way earlier but its fun to kick around ideas and I can think of potential draft scenarios all day long. So lets see if we can't make this a regular thing. So lets see all you wanna be GM's out there. What would you do if....

Its Round 1 of the draft your on the clock. The first ten picks have gone;
    1. Dorsey
    2. C. Long
    3. McFadden
    4. J. Long
    5. R. Clady
    6. Gholston
    7. Ellis
    8. Ryan
    9. Connor
    10. Jenkins

Kelly is available and so is Rivers. However TB just called and is offering their 1st (#20), 3rd and a 4th to move down so that they can nab Brohm. At 20 there is no guarantee either Kelly or Rivers will still be around obviously. The #11 pick is worth 1250, the total value Tampa offers is 1136. Please take on the GM role and answer the following;
    1. Do you make the trade down?
    2. Why or why not, and if so who are you targeting at 20 (list 5 players please)
    3. If you're not taking the trade who are you taking here?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Re: You be the GM...

1. No

I think both the Bears and Vikings might be interested in trading up for Brohm so would entertain their offers before making a decision

If no offer came in from either of the NFC North teams I'd accept the offer and trade down.

I would draft Patrick Sims DT of Auburn - a bit of a reach maybe but he won't be gone earlier than this.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
      1. No

I think both the Bears and Vikings might be interested in trading up for Brohm so would entertain their offers before making a decision

If no offer came in from either of the NFC North teams
      I'd accept the offer and trade down.

I would draft Patrick Sims DT of Auburn - a bit of a reach maybe but he won't be gone earlier than this.
      The scenario is not customizable, it is what it is. Only one offer from the Bucs, either take it or pick. If Sims were to be gone who else would you be looking at?
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Some of you may remember me doing this from the week before the draft last year. Well its way earlier but its fun to kick around ideas and I can think of potential draft scenarios all day long. So lets see if we can't make this a regular thing. So lets see all you wanna be GM's out there. What would you do if....

Its Round 1 of the draft your on the clock. The first ten picks have gone;
        1. Dorsey
        2. C. Long
        3. McFadden
        4. J. Long
        5. R. Clady
        6. Gholston
        7. Ellis
        8. Ryan
        9. Connor
        10. Jenkins

Kelly is available and so is Rivers. However TB just called and is offering their 1st (#20), 3rd and a 4th to move down so that they can nab Brohm. At 20 there is no guarantee either Kelly or Rivers will still be around obviously. The #11 pick is worth 1250, the total value Tampa offers is 1136. Please take on the GM role and answer the following;
        1. Do you make the trade down?
        2. Why or why not, and if so who are you targeting at 20 (list 5 players please)
        3. If you're not taking the trade who are you taking here?
        I think you are solid any way you do it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          I think you are solid any way you do it.
          Cop Out! Come on have some fun and give me a response.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Trade, all day.

Off season and combine, of course, would have a huge impact on this....

1) Kelly
            2) Rivers
            3) Conners
            4) Best available CB (unless the talent is clearly no longer first round talent)
            5) Sweed

I wouldn't stop there though. I would package some of those newly aquired picks to move to an early second. If we haven't got a WR, we get one here. If TEs are going, I consider one here. Then grab a CB or LB (best available) if we haven't got one yet, with our original second.

In case you are wondering, I feel CB is a higher priority then LB, but I'm not convinced any are worth more then then top LBs this year.

WR, DT, TE, CB, LB, FB, C, DE, ROG

But, if one of the top two DTs slip (as opposed to your scenerio), and we haven't upgraded that yet, stay at 11. But, I believe 90% that it will have been upgraded through FA.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I take the trade to get another 3rd round pick, in hopes that Kelly falls to 20, if he does, then we select him, if he does not, i think u seriously have to look at DT, or WR or TE
              i am a huge fan of Martellus Bennett and i know 20 would be a reach for him,

i also am a huge fan of Limas Sweed, i know his injury problems but i think a wrist is something that can be over come especially by a wideout, he provides all the things we need in a red zone threat.

My pick would be Sweed at 20 if Kelly wasnt there
              then now having an early second, i would hope either Fred Davis, Martellus Bennett, or Jon Carlson would be there in the second round, and i would select one of them there my 1st choice being Bennett, if he is not there Carlson and if he is not there Davis

With my 3 rds i would defintly go DT Red Bryant from Texas A&M, i think we need size up front and he has that

My next 3rd i would be looking to add a OLBer Xaveir Adibi, if he was not there i would be looking at Baeu Bell from UNLV, i like him from a not so known school and has great size and athletic ability

MY last 3rd pick i would be lookin at Owen Scmitt for FB i think our offense completely upgrades with him
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Ok

1. Sims
                2. Connors - I'd mortgage my house that Rivers is the first LB taken
                3. Kelly
                4. Trade down again
                5. Rodgers-Cromartie

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

1. I make the trade down.

2. Balmer at DT, Connor at LB, Manningham at WR, Reggie Smith at DB and Doucet at WR

3. If I dont make the trade I select Keith Rivers
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You just want us to tell you one way or another so you can tear it apart. We know how you like to argue.

No way.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

DB maybe if you drew the directions out in crayon or something?
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        You just want us to tell you one way or another so you can tear it apart. We know how you like to argue.

No way.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I try and provide you with entertainment and this is the response I get. I say Booo to you my friend! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I am sorry man. I don't know the draft all that much. I learn as much as I can from your forum but I don't really have a feel for what players are available at 20 let alone the 3rd and 4th rounds however I advocate adding as much 1st day talent as possible. Its not like we are giving up a top 10 pick either.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                            DB maybe if you drew the directions out in crayon or something?

Seriously, Im about to start drawing a map on MS Paint or something. Did I write the post in Swahili?
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              I am sorry man. I don't know the draft all that much. I learn as much as I can from your forum but I don't really have a feel for what players are available at 20 let alone the 3rd and 4th rounds however I advocate adding as much 1st day talent as possible. Its not like we are giving up a top 10 pick either.

Since you admit that you browse and learn from my forum (also known as the Scouting Zone, but DB's Domain will do nicely) then you no longer have copped out. I now accept your answer.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X