I am not an advocate of taking a WR in Round 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I am not an advocate of taking a WR in Round 1.

I would much rather sign a possesion receiver and draft someone in rnd 2 or 3.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: I am not an advocate of taking a WR in Round 1.

Names of who you like?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      I would much rather sign a possesion receiver and draft someone in rnd 2 or 3.
      I am a draft novice so I will leave it up to you to tell me solid 2nd or 3rd round WRs. In regards to Free agency I have been all about Wilford from day 1. He is exactly what we need. Parrish and Reed and the drafted WR would put together a solid corp...

Comment

I think we can trade down in R1 and get an extra R2. After all Brohm will be available at 11, and the Bears, Vikings and Bucs could all be interested.

Looking at how it pans out I want a DT and a LB with our first two picks

I think we can go the following ways

Dan Connor in the 1st and Dre Moore in the 2nd

or

Pat Sims in the 1st and Erin Henderson in the 2nd

Either way we upgrade two positions in the defence front 7.

With the extra R2 pick I would love to land Adarius Bowman, the big type of bruising receiver who will cause havoc especially in tamdem with a TE in the 3rd like Bennett or Carlson or Keller.

We've upgraded the Defence and the Offence and still have another R3 pick

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
          I think we can trade down in R1 and get an extra R2. After all Brohm will be available at 11, and the Bears, Vikings and Bucs could all be interested.

Looking at how it pans out I want a DT and a LB with our first two picks

I think we can go the following ways

Dan Connor in the 1st and Dre Moore in the 2nd

or

Pat Sims in the 1st and Erin Henderson in the 2nd

Either way we upgrade two positions in the defence front 7.

With the extra R2 pick I would love to land Adarius Bowman, the big type of bruising receiver who will cause havoc especially in tamdem with a TE in the 3rd like Bennett or Carlson or Keller.

We've upgraded the Defence and the Offence and still have another R3 pick
          I like this and if you think about it the Offense isn't that far off. Just upgrades at WR and TE are sorely needed(provided Edwards pans out)

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I am a draft novice so I will leave it up to you to tell me solid 2nd or 3rd round WRs. In regards to Free agency I have been all about Wilford from day 1. He is exactly what we need. Parrish and Reed and the drafted WR would put together a solid corp...
            Wilford is not a definite answer he looks great on paper but he's probably just a situational as Roscoe.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
              Wilford is not a definite answer he looks great on paper but he's probably just a situational as Roscoe.
              Right I wouldn't expect him to put up 1000 yards or even need him to but he would add another needed dimension(Size and hands in the redzone) I would be fine with him putting up 45 catches for 600 yards and 6 TDs. He would open up things for Roscoe, Reed and Evans.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                • Apr 2004

If there is defensive help at 11 we should grab it. Anyone who watched the 56-10 game knows we can't win without better front 7 play. I say finish the defense first.
                finsrclowns

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Sep 2005

It would be a serious mistake to not draft a WR round one. We have to not only sign a vet WR, but draft a WR in the first round as well.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ultra Chimp 1
                    It would be a serious mistake to not draft a WR round one. We have to not only sign a vet WR, but draft a WR in the first round as well.
                    Both you think? I wouldn't be upset if we did grab a WR at 11 just don't think it is necessary.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I don't care whether it's through the draft or FA, but we must have a legit #2 WR on opening day. And I think offense is a higher priority.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

We're drafting a WR.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Neither am I.... unless it's Kelly.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            We're drafting a WR.
                            Oh we are? Who is it?

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Sep 2005

Both you think? I wouldn't be upset if we did grab a WR at 11 just don't think it is necessary.
                              Yup, both. I think you might be overestimating Parrish and Reed. They're really not that good. Reed is by far the worst option and really has no business playing on this team. He should have been demoted to the practice squad years ago.

Parrish is a good change up guy and an awesome kick returner, and that's it. I remember one game this season. I think it was against the pats. Anyways, we gave parrish the ball alot. More than usual. Parrish absolutley got stuffed almost every time. That tells me Parrish is more a secert weapon type.

If the opposing team doesn't see Parrish coming, then he usually suceeds. Take away the stealth advantage and he really is lacklustre. Put simply, you just can't give him the rock that much.

But you know what? I'd rather have Parrish than Reed if it came down toa choice. Reed is a pylon.

Evans is good, but not good enough going forward it seems. He needs help. The Bills don't just need another number two reciever. The Bills needs a 1b type guy.

We get the vet WR in there with Evans, draft the big young WR in the first, keep Parrish and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X