PDA

View Full Version : My New Bills Mock Draft

PECKERWOOD
02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Tell me this wouldn't be titty! We trade down in the first round and grab an extra 2nd round pick and we do this:

Rd1.) Early Doucet, WR, LSU
Rd2a.) Ali Highsmith, WLB, LSU
Rd2b.) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
Rd3a.) Owen Schmitt, FB, West Virgina
Rd3b.) Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
Rd4.) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers ( Bye Dwayne.. )
Rd5a.) John David Booty, QB, USC
Rd5b.) Micah Rucker, WR, Eastern Illinois
Rd6.) VOID
Rd7.) VOID

Maybe we can pick a CB up during FA. I actually don't think that Greer and McGee are THAT BAD. Greer really surprised me and I thought he played like a champ for most of the year. Who knows? Maybe there is a small school prospect at CB that we can gnab on the 2nd day.

kernowboy
02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd rather a bigger WR, Schmitt is too earlier for the 3rd, Rice won't last until the 4th and I'm surprised there are no OL in there. I would do this

Trade down like you have done

R1. Dan Connor LB or Pat Sims DT
R2a. Dre Moore DT or Erin Henderson LB
R2b. Adarius Bowman WR, bigger and more physical
R3a. John Carlson TE
R3b. Justin King CB
R4. Mike Hart RB, a local Syracuse lad
R5a. John Sullivan C/G
R5b. Kirk Barton G/T
R6. DE Titus Brown
R7a. FB Jed Collins
R7b. QB Alex Brink

mysticsoto
02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Tell me this wouldn't be titty! We trade down in the first round and grab an extra 2nd round pick and we do this:

Rd6.) VOID
Rd7.) VOID

Maybe we can pick a CB up during FA. I actually don't think that Greer and McGee are THAT BAD. Greer really surprised me and I thought he played like a champ for most of the year. Who knows? Maybe there is a small school prospect at CB that we can gnab on the 2nd day.

If we drop down, I'd want to grab Malcolm Kelly, but just slightly lower. I love Doucet, but he's a Evans clone. For our team, we need someone with height at the #2 WR and at TE to attempt and increase our red zone percentage. I also don't feel like we need yet another RB - even if A-train retired. I'd be slightly more happy with:

Rd1.) Malcolm Kelly, WR
Rd2a.) Ali Highsmith, WLB, LSU (okay, I guess but I might rather Pat Sims here)
Rd2b.) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland (if we were to take Pat Sims above, I could go for a LB here. Ali Highsmith might even still be there)
Rd3a.) Owen Schmitt, FB, WVa (I think we can grab him in 3b or another decent one in the 4th - I'd opt for a better TE - Brad Cottam ?)
Rd3b.) Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue (Better for FB here or even a good prospect CB for cover 2)
Rd4.) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers ( Bye Dwayne.. ) (Waste. At the very least, I'd take a CB - if Trae Williams fell here, he'd be a great pick. If not, Darnell Terrell maybe)
Rd5a.) John David Booty, QB, USC (I'm okay with this IF we trade JP. If not, it'd depend on who else is available)
Rd5b.) Micah Rucker, WR, Eastern Illinois (Again, I'd target tall WRs that we could put in also in the slot specifically for red zone plays...Paul Hubbard, Lance Leggett might be two options here...)
Rd6.) VOID
Rd7.) VOID

PECKERWOOD
02-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Doucet is the most physical WR in this year's draft. He reminds me of a mix between Hines Ward and Eric Moulds, this guy would help out alot in the run game and he runs very precise routes. I think this player here is going to start moving up people's lists here shortly, you heard it here first.

Btw, Dustin Keller reminds me alot of a TE who is getting franchised this year in Indy..

If Ray Rice falls to us in the 4th round, he is waaay too good to pass up. He has the potential to be the steal of the draft.

I went Owen Schmitt in the 3rd round because he would add alot to our offense. This guy places with so much emotion, it's insane. This guy right here would bring attitude and leadership.

Micah Rucker is a big body, he would fit in at #3 well, imo. He stands at 6'5 and weighs in at 225lbs., a big body would could bring.

mysticsoto
02-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Doucet is the most physical WR in this year's draft. He reminds me of a mix between Hines Ward and Eric Moulds, this guy would help out alot in the run game and he runs very precise routes. I think this player here is going to start moving up people's lists here shortly, you heard it here first.

Btw, Dustin Keller reminds me alot of a TE who is getting franchised this year in Indy..

If Ray Rice falls to us in the 4th round, he is waaay too good to pass up. He has the potential to be the steal of the draft.

I went Owen Schmitt in the 3rd round because he would add alot to our offense. This guy places with so much emotion, it's insane. This guy right here would bring attitude and leadership.

Micah Rucker is a big body, he would fit in at #3 well, imo. He stands at 6'5 and weighs in at 225lbs., a big body would could bring.

Don't get me wrong. I personally think Doucet is the best WR in the draft. I'm just saying that for us, Kelly would be a better fit as we are in desperate need of height. I guess I don't know Rucker much but if he has good height, I don't mind. Any idea was is 40 speed is?

Night Train
02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Isn't Doucet All-Whirlpool ( injury prone ) ?

Confused
02-14-2008, 07:44 PM
1.Limas Sweed
2a.DRC
2b.Martellus Bennett
3a Ali Highsmith
3bDre Moore
4 Owen Schmitt.
5a John David Booty
5b Anthony Alridge(RB)

now that, my friends, is a perfect world in that senario. All plausible.

TigerJ
02-14-2008, 09:00 PM

Rd6.) VOID
Rd7.) VOID

Micah Rucker has the height that Doucet doesn't, but you don't know if a guy you get in round 5 is going to have any impact. I agree that round 3 is too early for Schmidt and Keller is not my favorite TE. I don't feel any compulsion to draft John David Booty. In all, I would say you and I are on different pages in terms of what the Bills drafting strategy should be, but who knows who's right? You get an "A" for effort in any case.

DraftBoy
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
1. CB DRC
2. Trevor Laws DT
3a. Martellus Bennet TE
3b. Adarius Bowman WR
4. Josh Johnson QB
5a. Jordan Grimes OG
5b. Ben Moffit LB
6. John Sullivan OC
7. Bryan Smith DE

UDFA:
LB Curtis Johnston
TE Kolo Kapanui
WR Ernie Wheelwright
FB Micheal Cox

I havent see another mock yet that I like more

gr8slayer
02-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Seriously, what is the obsession around here with Schmitt? We have much more pressing needs.

gr8slayer
02-14-2008, 10:19 PM
1. CB DRC
2. Trevor Laws DT
3a. Martellus Bennet TE
3b. Adarius Bowman WR
4. Josh Johnson QB
5a. Jordan Grimes OG
5b. Ben Moffit LB
6. John Sullivan OC
7. Bryan Smith DE

UDFA:
LB Curtis Johnston
TE Kolo Kapanui
WR Ernie Wheelwright
FB Micheal Cox

This would make me very happy.

Bmax
02-14-2008, 11:16 PM
We can't afford to ignore the DL if Merling and Sims show well at the combine and pro days they could move into the top 10 for Merling and top 15 for sims....

Mayock and Kiper already have Merling ranked in their top 10.....

WR will be addressed in FA and rd 2 in the draft unless Kelly or Hardy have workouts out of this world

Bmax

gr8slayer
02-14-2008, 11:21 PM
We can't afford to ignore the DL if Merling and Sims show well at the combine and pro days they could move into the top 10 for Merling and top 15 for sims....

Mayock and Kiper already have Merling ranked in their top 10.....

WR will be addressed in FA and rd 2 in the draft unless Kelly or Hardy have workouts out of this world

Bmax
I would be willing to bet that our FO will say we can avoid DL because we drafted McCargo and have money invested in Tripplett. Add the fact that KW is a very serviceable player and there you have it. Now if we drop a bum like Tripplett then I could see it happening. In no way am I saying that we should not draft a DL in round one, if it were up to me we'd draft OL/DL with our first two picks but I doubt it happens.

Bone
02-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Sorry but who is CB DRC?

gr8slayer
02-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Sorry but who is CB DRC?
Cromartie.

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Don't get me wrong. I personally think Doucet is the best WR in the draft. I'm just saying that for us, Kelly would be a better fit as we are in desperate need of height. I guess I don't know Rucker much but if he has good height, I don't mind. Any idea was is 40 speed is?

I believe 4.5-4.6 range, not mind boggling speed but he could turn out to be a decent redzone threat.

My whole thing with grading players is not really so much the size, height and weight thing, it's more so can they play? Alot of people are drooling over some of these WR's because they see 6'7 and 6'5 and etc, etc, and I think this is largely why Doucet isn't getting as much attention as the other guys.

kernowboy
02-15-2008, 05:49 AM
I don't think Bowman will drop to the 3rd, so I'd nab him in the 2nd

R1. Dan Connor LB ... upgrade over Ellison, insurance against Crowell leaving
R2a. Dre Moore DT ... we need for Ts in the rotation and he's the best left
R2b. Adarius Bowman .. our big WR
R3a. John Carlson TE ... grab our TE
R3b. Justin King CB .... will be a solid pro

From R4 downwards I would like to see a Full Back (Jed Collins?) and 2 Offensive Linemen (John Sullivan, Kirk Barton?) but as players will fall will like us to making the errors we made last year where we select the likes of Ah You ahead of Siler. That was a joke IMO

mysticsoto
02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
1. CB DRC
2. Trevor Laws DT
3a. Martellus Bennet TE
3b. Adarius Bowman WR
4. Josh Johnson QB
5a. Jordan Grimes OG
5b. Ben Moffit LB
6. John Sullivan OC
7. Bryan Smith DE

UDFA:
LB Curtis Johnston
TE Kolo Kapanui
WR Ernie Wheelwright
FB Micheal Cox

John Sullivan lasting until the 6th? He's probably the 3rd best Center. I think someone will pick Wheelwright based on his height alone. He'll probably go in someone's 6th rd or so...

I thought you wanted Keith Rivers for our 1st pick? What changed your mind?

DraftBoy
02-15-2008, 07:52 AM
John Sullivan lasting until the 6th? He's probably the 3rd best Center. I think someone will pick Wheelwright based on his height alone. He'll probably go in someone's 6th rd or so...

I thought you wanted Keith Rivers for our 1st pick? What changed your mind?

Im just throwing ideas out there, my ideal list for the 11 pick is;

1. Ellis
2. Rivers
3. DRC
4. Connor
5. Kelly

Yea Sullivan was brutal this year in pass protection and really failed to become a leader. Granted it was a young line around him but he was not as stable as he should of been. At this moment I dont have the first C in Steve Justice coming off the board till the 4th so I dont see any reason why Sullivan can't last till the 6th.

Wheelwright has no production to warrant a pick off of, and we rarely seen guys picked on just height, it will be interesting to see his 40 time and such at the Minnesota pro day. As of right now I dont see him getting drafted.

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't think Bowman will drop to the 3rd, so I'd nab him in the 2nd

R1. Dan Connor LB ... upgrade over Ellison, insurance against Crowell leaving
R2a. Dre Moore DT ... we need for Ts in the rotation and he's the best left
R2b. Adarius Bowman .. our big WR
R3a. John Carlson TE ... grab our TE
R3b. Justin King CB .... will be a solid pro

From R4 downwards I would like to see a Full Back (Jed Collins?) and 2 Offensive Linemen (John Sullivan, Kirk Barton?) but as players will fall will like us to making the errors we made last year where we select the likes of Ah You ahead of Siler. That was a joke IMO

That's a decent draft.

mysticsoto
02-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Im just throwing ideas out there, my ideal list for the 11 pick is;

1. Ellis
2. Rivers
3. DRC
4. Connor
5. Kelly

Yea Sullivan was brutal this year in pass protection and really failed to become a leader. Granted it was a young line around him but he was not as stable as he should of been. At this moment I dont have the first C in Steve Justice coming off the board till the 4th so I dont see any reason why Sullivan can't last till the 6th.

Wheelwright has no production to warrant a pick off of, and we rarely seen guys picked on just height, it will be interesting to see his 40 time and such at the Minnesota pro day. As of right now I dont see him getting drafted.

The reason why I think Sullivan will be off earlier is b'cse I was watching some clips of Sedrick Ellis and Sullivan actually handled him very well. Although when Ellis gets low and really attacks, he's almost unblockable...

ParanoidAndroid
02-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Is anyone going to grade DRC that high? I think we would do better with a DL or WR. Rivers and Connor are pretty safe picks and fill a need, but I see OLB's in the 2nd. I've seen mocks that I have liked which were topped by Malcolm Kelly. I'm not really sure he is the best WR in the draft, but from what I have seen, he makes plays, goes after the ball, and doesn't drop much.

1. Kelly
2. Adibi/Highsmith
3. Bennett/Rucker/Carlson
3. Okam (if he's still around)/Moore (not sure I like him)
4. Chevis Jackson CB
5. Kirk Elder OG
5. Jehuu Caulcrick FB
6. Paul Smith QB
7. Jordy Nelson WR
7. Adamm Oliver DE