X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

why wasnt pat williams drafted?

i have always wondered how a guy so dominant could have been completely passed by in the draft?

anyone know?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Ingtar talked everyone out of it so the Bills could sign him as a FA.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

oic
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

You ask and I deliver...

I wasn't a scout (for the draft) in 1997... so I asked another fellow in our front office who was... he actually delivered his notes on Pat Williams (he keeps everything, which is why I asked him). Basically Pat was an undersized NT (280ish)... and while very quick, was projected to be an "undersized" NT for a 3-4 defense. The funny thing is that this guy actually thought Pat would be drafted in the 5th round.

His final word was "undersized, 3-4 NT... not worth the time."
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-08-2003, 03:17 PM.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Brian H
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Nov 2002

Same reason London Fletcher wasnt,they were underated.....
          Last edited by Brian H; 04-08-2003, 03:18 PM.
          ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

LOL... Fletcher too?

The thing I remember about Fletcher is he ran a 4.38 in the 40... is only 5'10" and played DIII football (although he absolutely dominated). Why wasn't he drafted? Too small and he played against no serious competition. In all honesty I would have figured he'd have been drafted with a 4.38 40 time.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

chawn thompson anyone?

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Even though I hate to admit it, that's one thing Butler and his gang were good at...finding underrated talent like Pat and letting them become dominant players.

TD is a lot like that as well, as shown by Henry and Wire.

Add in TD's prowess in trades and draft day deals, and you have a master GM

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                  Even though I hate to admit it, that's one thing Butler and his gang were good at...finding underrated talent like Pat and letting them become dominant players.

TD is a lot like that as well, as shown by Henry and Wire.

Add in TD's prowess in trades and draft day deals, and you have a master GM
                  That's a great ponit AWM. The offseason is a game of it's own that will determine how a team perfoms in the regular season. We are very lucky to have a GM like Tom Donahoe.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Williams and London show us, Speed Kills.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Stories like Pat Williams have been happening in the NFL forever. Some years ago there was an undersized center (around 270) who I think went undrafted. He went to the USFL for a while, then finally signed with the Bills. His name? Kent Hull.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X