PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Why is Belicheck not...what about the Bills? PT. 2

Ebenezer
02-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Forked from: Why is Belicheck not getting fired? or sued? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2328407)

Goodell told Specter that Belicheck has been taping games since 2000.

How many people lost their jobs due in part to losses to the Pats? Do they have the right to sue?

Why is Bob Kraft flipping off the hard working people in and around Boston by keeping a coach who has admitted to cheating?

How much money was in gambling, tickets, etc... over FIXED games?

This is a very big deal my friends.

It's amazing how badly the Bills played against the Pats - especially after the Pats Bye weeks...Something like that can destroy your morale and make you lose other games that you could have won. The Bills had a couple of seasons where they may have made the playoffs had one or two games been changed. I wonder how outraged fans would be if those losses to NE for all those years actually resulted in lower support for the team because they did not make the playoffs - which resulted in the Bills moving...

Jeff1220
02-15-2008, 06:53 AM
The scope of the Pats cheating goes so much further than some teams losing games unfairly here or there and I certainly think the scenario you mentioned is included in that. Look at Kurt Warner's comments when told about the possible cheating in the SB:

"Let's just say, for instance, that what they did had an effect on the second Super Bowl that I played in," Warner says. "And then to see the course of my career from that point forward -- there was some dramatic changes. Had I won two Super Bowls, some of the things may not have happened through the course of my career. Now, obviously, I put my faith and trust in a much higher source than any cheating that is going on, and believe that God has a distinct purpose in what goes on. But I'm just one example of how our situation in St. Louis deteriorated after the loss of that Super Bowl.
"After we lost the Super Bowl, the organization went into a little bit of a downward spiral, as you see with a lot of teams that lose the Super Bowl. You see how career situations were altered after losing that game. You look at Mike Martz. If he is a Super Bowl winner, that is a whole different thing. Or just maybe guys, that was their only chance to be in a Super Bowl. And to go away losing it instead of winning it, that is a huge deal.

When the morale and direction of an entire team can be changed because of games lost, as Warner describes here, I think an entire region suffers, psychologically and economically.

I also find it interesting that the one time in the Brady/Belicheck era that the Bills have been able to pull off a vistory vs. the Pats was when Lawyer Milloy switched teams less than a week before the game. I'd bet he warned the Bills about what the Pats were doing, and how they were planning to attack certain formations based on the signals, etc. The Bills probably used similar signals for different plays, throwing the Pats whole plan in the crapper. Of course, this was the only time this decade the Bills would've had that specific of information (directly from a member of the Pats' team), and look at the result.

don137
02-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Its not coincidence IMO that Goodell arranged the meeting with Spector the same day Clemens was on Capitol Hill so this whole ordeal would take a backseat to the Clemens hearings.
I think this is more damaging to the NFL than the damage Clemens did to baseball...IMO Bellichick should not be eligible for the HOF. The NFL offices know the damage this could cause if everything became public (look at baseball and steroids) so Goodell destroyed the tapes and swept everything under the rug.
Like what has been stated it explains how Bellichick owned teams they played on a regular basis like Buffalo. When you know what they are calling it sure makes your job easier. Its like a baseball player knowing the type of pitch he is going to throw before he throws it.
IMO ALL of the Patriot championships are from cheating and in those years there is no true champion.

HHURRICANE
02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
The Bills lost because of the taping? Right.

Jeff1220
02-15-2008, 07:54 AM
The Bills lost because of the taping? Right.

Not what I said, but who's to say that it didn't factor into a few losses vs. the Pats, especially the close ones.
What I did say is that the Bills probably won that one game because they knew (via Milloy) how the taping would be used in that game.

Michael82
02-15-2008, 10:09 AM
The scope of the Pats cheating goes so much further than some teams losing games unfairly here or there and I certainly think the scenario you mentioned is included in that. Look at Kurt Warner's comments when told about the possible cheating in the SB:

When the morale and direction of an entire team can be changed because of games lost, as Warner describes here, I think an entire region suffers, psychologically and economically.

I also find it interesting that the one time in the Brady/Belicheck era that the Bills have been able to pull off a vistory vs. the Pats was when Lawyer Milloy switched teams less than a week before the game. I'd bet he warned the Bills about what the Pats were doing, and how they were planning to attack certain formations based on the signals, etc. The Bills probably used similar signals for different plays, throwing the Pats whole plan in the crapper. Of course, this was the only time this decade the Bills would've had that specific of information (directly from a member of the Pats' team), and look at the result.
How about the whole TO disaster? If the Eagles pulled that Super Bowl off, do you really think it would have gotten like that and he would left? I don't think so. It would have been happy town and the Eagles would have locked him up. Then look at the Panthers...before that Super Bowl, Jake Delhomme was a good QB, now he's injury prone and suck, plus the team is awful. Hmmm....I guess Warner is right. If the Patriots cheated in the big games, it definitely changed history and not just the game.