X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Please don't post Chris Brown articles!

I am a little tired of him pretending to act impartial or unaware of decisions that the team makes. He's a mouthpiece for OBD and is the equivalent of a used car salesman.

His latest blog has Jim Leonhard as a real find:

"He's a smart, heady player that is usually around the ball. Knowing he was slowed by a bone spur on his hip makes me wonder if we didn't see the best Jim Leonhard out there on defense last season."

The Leonhard I saw was slow and got burned a ton of times. So I guess this is a nice way for OBD to say that we will save some money and re-sign this POS.

Guarantee that Leonhard makes the roster.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Please don't post Chris Brown articles!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    I am a little tired of him pretending to act impartial or unaware of decisions that the team makes. He's a mouthpiece for OBD and is the equivalent of a used car salesman.

"He's a smart, heady player that is usually around the ball. Knowing he was slowed by a bone spur on his hip makes me wonder if we didn't see the best Jim Leonhard out there on defense last season."

The Leonhard I saw was slow and got burned a ton of times. So I guess this is a nice way for OBD to say that we will save some money and re-sign this POS.

So quit whining and don't read those posts. It's quite simple.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Honestly, what do you expect???

That would be like the PR department of a large company issuing a press release about how horrible last quarter's numbers were and why there is no reason to believe they're going to get any better. Everybody should also be ready to lose their jobs soon too.

Simply not going to happen. The man is employed by the team, therefore he has to toe the company line.

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Stop posting stuff so that I am forced to read them!!!!!!!!!!!
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Leohard is a good player. I'm glad to have him on the team.

You can't have 53 Pro Bowlers. Some of them will have to be role players. Leonhard happens to be really good at his role, good backup safety and tremendous special teamer.

Hater.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Leohard is a good player. I'm glad to have him on the team.

You can't have 53 Pro Bowlers. Some of them will have to be role players. Leonhard happens to be really good at his role, good backup safety and tremendous special teamer.

Hater.
            I guarantee you or I could find somebody to replace him that can has more cover skills. I guarantee it!

As for Chris Brown he is what he is, I just dont take his word for anything near what the truth is.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Kinda balances out all the Weiler articles that get posted.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I guarantee you or I could find somebody to replace him that can has more cover skills. I guarantee it!
                Sure, you can make guarantees on things that you have no way to back up all day long. What, you can't think of anything even more subjective and vague and less measurable than "more cover skills"?

I guarantee that Leonhard has more to contribute to the team on and off the field than the guy you find. Argue that one.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Most posts of Chris Brown that I see have put his name right in the thread title. So my suggestion would be don't open the thread if you don't like what he writes. Sort of like a manual ignore feature.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Sure, you can make guarantees on things that you have no way to back up all day long. What, you can't think of anything even more subjective and vague and less measurable than "more cover skills"?

I guarantee that Leonhard has more to contribute to the team on and off the field than the guy you find. Argue that one.
                    Honestly if Im paying a guy money to play I dont really give two ****s about what he does off the field. As long as his nose stays clean and he doesnt get into trouble he could bury all his money in his back yard for all I care. This is about football not charity work.

As for your challenge of finding somebody who has more cover skills, or brings more contribution to the team on the field well that will be pretty damn easy. There is this guy by the name of Tank Williams, played for Minnesota. He would bring 10x the game Leonard would. Career stats match up like this;

Leonard (3 years): 72 tackles, 2 INT, 3 PD, 3 FF
                    Williams (5 years, 1 lost entirely to injury): 283 tackles, 5 INT, 15 PD

I would easily take Tank Williams over Jim Leonard, are you saying you wouldn't?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Honestly if Im paying a guy money to play I dont really give two ****s about what he does off the field. As long as his nose stays clean and he doesnt get into trouble he could bury all his money in his back yard for all I care. This is about football not charity work.

As for your challenge of finding somebody who has more cover skills, or brings more contribution to the team on the field well that will be pretty damn easy. There is this guy by the name of Tank Williams, played for Minnesota. He would bring 10x the game Leonard would. Career stats match up like this;

I would easily take Tank Williams over Jim Leonard, are you saying you wouldn't?
                      My guarantee was only an example of something vague and unmeasurable. Not surprised that you had to take it literally.

Uh, no, none of these stats you gave is "proof" that one player has "more cover skills" than the next. There are many variables and quantifiers that you're not taking into account. How many games did each player play in to achieve these stats? How many blocks did each throw to help their teammates make the tackles? QB pressures? Closing off lanes? WR jams?

Until you have all these stats, which no one does, don't come judging one player "has more cover skills" than the next. Even pro scouts do this with their best educated guesses. It's not a guarantee. What makes you think you can make that kind of "guarantee"?

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                        • Sep 2007

How much more would Tank Williams cost then Jim Leonard?
                        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Brown is a PR agent. Not a reporter.

And, I would bet Leonhard doesn't make the team.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                            How much more would Tank Williams cost then Jim Leonard?
                            Leonard cost 435k last year
                            Williams was signed at 595k
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I guess I was watching the wrong Jim Leonhard. The one I watched couldn't handle kick off returns and was too slow to cover players.

But now I'm to believe that we haven't seen the best out of him because of Chris Brown's unbiased opinion.

Funny how Parcells isn't afraid to dump loser players in favor of guys that have to earn a roster spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X