PDA

View Full Version : Why is our cut DL players getting signed by other teamssigning

don137
08-23-2002, 07:55 PM
The Bills Defensive line is in such bad shape yet our castoffs were signed quicly by other teams. Maxie was signed by the Colts and Flowers signed by the Texans.
What is everyone's opinion?

casdhf
08-23-2002, 10:01 PM
The Texans suck and the Colts have a terrible DL too

casdhf
08-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Sooo, in other words...beats me?

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:09 PM
They were all terrible.

Novacane
08-23-2002, 10:10 PM
If they want our trash they can have it!

casdhf
08-23-2002, 10:12 PM
Flowers played in a 3-4 for a year didn't he? He may make a good OLB for that 3-4 scheme! Bingo, I'm smart.

The_Philster
08-24-2002, 04:49 AM
A lot of it has to do with the systems that different teams play. Some may fit well in a different team with a different sytem and it'd be foolish of other teams not to at least take a look at a player with talent if they could possibly help. Look at John Parella for instance. He wasn't gonna cut it as BRUCE's backup here but he went on to be a very solid playerr in San Diego.

Buffatexas
08-25-2002, 07:09 AM
I think that is one thing we have to keep in mind when assessing this season's defensive line, I will use Marcellus Wiley and Andre Wadsworth for examples. We picked Wiley and he played behind Bruce for a while and had the opportunity to learn from teh best DE to play the game, when Wiley's time came to shine, he did and is still doing so today. He is no Bruce but he is a solid DE. Now Wadsworth was touted as being the next Bruce Smith coming out of Florida State, he was picked by Arizona and immediately thrust in the starting role. And the last time I saw Andre was on VH-1's "where are they now". Point to be made here, if we are going to better our DL, we need serious veteran talent so the Denney's, Office's, and Schobel's can learn and apply the lessons about to be taught.

WG
08-25-2002, 07:42 AM
Other teams don't take huge risks in signing them. They can still be cut. IDK what the terms were for Flowers, but if they were for much more than vet-min, then they got ripped!

Tatonka
08-25-2002, 02:33 PM
flowers is actually making what he would have made in buffalo for the next three years.. which i thought was absurd when i read it.. i think i read it on nflnews.com..

i saw the numbers, and they were definately more than vet min.. definately.

they also told him he is a OLB and he needed to get back down to 255.. this guy is going to develope a eating disorder soon.