PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Specter: Goodell's Spygate explanations don't pass scrutiny

ddaryl
02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Forked from: Specter: Goodell's Spygate explanations don't pass scrutiny (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2329639)

This is really dumb. Given that there was agreement as to what was on the tapes, Goddell was correct to destroy them.

No the NFL should have archived these tapes because they were the proof they used to punish the Patriots and take away their 1st rd pick.

Now those tapes are gone... the question we all want to know was how elaborate was the Patriots scheme... How detailed was there signal stealing campaign. If they've been doing htis for the last 7 years then how much of an advantage did they have, how far did it go in shaping thier dynasty.

What possible reason was there for destroying them? I personally cannot think of a single reason to destroy them.

So please anyone post your reasons for destroying the tapes

Oldbillsfan
02-15-2008, 11:46 AM
The tapes were destroyed to sweep the problem under the rug. That is why the NFL didn't mention to the fans the Pats were taping since 2000.

MikeInRoch
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Forked from: Specter: Goodell's Spygate explanations don't pass scrutiny (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2329639)
No the NFL should have archived these tapes because they were the proof they used to punish the Patriots and take away their 1st rd pick.

Now those tapes are gone... the question we all want to know was how elaborate was the Patriots scheme... How detailed was there signal stealing campaign. If they've been doing htis for the last 7 years then how much of an advantage did they have, how far did it go in shaping thier dynasty.

What possible reason was there for destroying them? I personally cannot think of a single reason to destroy them.

When the Patriots ADMIT to doing the taping, and probably signed a statement making that admission, the tapes are no longer relevant.

The reason for destroying them is to make sure no one ever sees them again. Ever. And that is in the best interest of the league.

If no one else ever got to see them, then it does not matter if they are destroyed or not. The only reason people are upset is that they really want someone ELSE to view the tapes - which should not be done.

ddaryl
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I disagree. How long have they've been doing this? How much influence does it have in their dynasty?

They admitted to it, but I want the entire library of tapes documented. How far back do these tapes reach? What teams were taped, how much tape on what teams?

If the Patriots Dynasty has been made with this advantage then the last 7 years of the NFL has been a bit of a joke. Shouldn't the Patriots be forced to relinquish there accomplishments if they have been using these tapes since 2000?
l
I want to know in full detail how far they went and what they recorded. Teams can change their signals so the tapes being archived have no effect on the future, but if the Patriots have had this unfair advantage for years then I want to see them scrutinized and all of their accomplishments during that tenure to be completley open for debate.

The NFL could archive them in there vaults so others outside the NFL could determine more about this. Which would be the only fair way to truly assess the damage this probably has caused. Instead the NFL wanted it to go away...

Now the tapes are gone and the problem swept under the rug and there is no longer any way for anyone to truly know the amount of or the level of cheating they managed.. Is anyone OK with this? I'm not, I pay good money supporting the NFL and my team and if this has happened to the extent it seems to have then I want retribution to be a lot harsher.

Bottom line is the tape was evidence, and evidence should never be destroyed no matter what.

Not to mention the slap on the wrist punishment handed down to the patriots. If it was 7 years worth of cheating then taking away a 1st rd pick (the lower of 2 1st rd picks) and fining wealthy men is a worthless punishment and the Patriots get to keep there dignity as a franchise.

Sure the punishment sounds extreme, but not when you are questioning 7 years of the teams rise ot greatness and the multiple AFE East titles, AFC Titles and Superbowl titles they've "won"

gr8slayer
02-15-2008, 01:17 PM
There is no good reason to destroy the tapes.

ddaryl
02-15-2008, 01:21 PM

People in hell must be ice skating

we agree on something

gr8slayer
02-15-2008, 01:21 PM
People in hell must be ice skating

we agree on something
No ****, I might even give you :posrep: for once.

MikeInRoch
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
The EXACT thing you all want is the reason they SHOULD have been destroyed. NO, no one else should look at what was on tapes, in case what was illegally obtained is leaked - which could put the teams that were taped at a disadvantage.

Goodell did exactly what was needed.

ddaryl
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
No ****, I might even give you :posrep: for once.

me too !

the end is near

ddaryl
02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
The EXACT thing you all want is the reason they SHOULD have been destroyed. NO, no one else should look at what was on tapes, in case what was illegally obtained is leaked - which could put the teams that were taped at a disadvantage.

Goodell did exactly what was needed.

By now every single team that has played the Patriots over the past 7 years has already changed there signals quite a bit or is in the process of doing so don't you think? Therefore I seriously doubt there is little value on those tapes for other NFL teams.

No we need to know how far this went in building the Patriots dynasty

MikeInRoch
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
No, we don't "NEED" to know. We'd "LIKE" to know.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2008, 07:16 AM
It's an internal NFL rules matter which does not rise to the level of a federal crime.

Therefore, Goodell does not have to follow the rules of evidence which pertain to criminal proceedings.

X-Era
02-16-2008, 07:18 AM

No justifiable reason. Im unsure as to why this is not tampering or obstruction of justice.

What the Pats did may very well turn out to be criminal, that makes the leagues actions obstruction of justice.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Someone needs to explain to me what specific state or federal law was broken by the Pats.

I'm not defending Belichick or the Patriots. I hate them and hope they get in the maximum amount of trouble possible.

But I still think only league rules were violated.

ddaryl
02-16-2008, 07:36 AM
No, we don't "NEED" to know. We'd "LIKE" to know.

LMAO, looks like someone likes to roll over and get his tummy rubbed

I demand to know...

the integrity of this game is in the balance. If the NFL is willing to convienently sweep things under a rug then I am even more interested in knowing.

I'm the customer, and I don't appreciate being ripped off. If the Patriots have been doing this since 2007 then my last 7 years worth of investment into the sport was a rip off. What's the point of watching when one team was utilizing an unfair advantage.

The only way to discourage this behavior in the future is to make it extremely painful for the offending team to the point that every other team watching would fear the consequences. Taking NE's 1st rd pick when they had another 1st rd pick and fining some wealthy men in a wealthy league was and still is a joke.

Bottom line for me is that I am convinced that the Patriots dynasty has a lot to do with their cheating, and destroying those tapes no longer allows the Patriots to be fully cross examined by the fans and the other 31 teams who deserve a say in this matter.

Someone needs to explain to me what specific state or federal law was broken by the Pats.

I'm not defending Belichick or the Patriots. I hate them and hope they get in the maximum amount of trouble possible.

But I still think only league rules were violated.

No federal or state laws were broken IMO, but for the league to handle it the way it did and considering how far this reached back I would like to see more people involved in the determination of how far this things has gone in allowing the Patriots to reap and major advantage over the last 7 years..

Bellicheck is a HOF coach before spygate, but now I am not as conivnced. Tom Brady is a HOF QB or has he been overly prepared in advance for what other D's were were doing on many plays. The Patriots have been extremely successful replacing Pro-bowl players with unkowns and staying successful, how far does this translate here.

I question the Patriots dynasty and I want to see what they knew in advance, and then see others provide exapmples of how the Patriots were using this info over those years.

Michael82
02-16-2008, 08:19 AM
EXACTLY! :bf1:

imbondz
02-16-2008, 08:59 AM
LMAO, looks like someone likes to roll over and get his tummy rubbed

I demand to know...

the integrity of this game is in the balance. If the NFL is willing to convienently sweep things under a rug then I am even more interested in knowing.

I'm the customer, and I don't appreciate being ripped off. If the Patriots have been doing this since 2007 then my last 7 years worth of investment into the sport was a rip off. What's the point of watching when one team was utilizing an unfair advantage.

The only way to discourage this behavior in the future is to make it extremely painful for the offending team to the point that every other team watching would fear the consequences. Taking NE's 1st rd pick when they had another 1st rd pick and fining some wealthy men in a wealthy league was and still is a joke.

Bottom line for me is that I am convinced that the Patriots dynasty has a lot to do with their cheating, and destroying those tapes no longer allows the Patriots to be fully cross examined by the fans and the other 31 teams who deserve a say in this matter.

No federal or state laws were broken IMO, but for the league to handle it the way it did and considering how far this reached back I would like to see more people involved in the determination of how far this things has gone in allowing the Patriots to reap and major advantage over the last 7 years..

Bellicheck is a HOF coach before spygate, but now I am not as conivnced. Tom Brady is a HOF QB or has he been overly prepared in advance for what other D's were were doing on many plays. The Patriots have been extremely successful replacing Pro-bowl players with unkowns and staying successful, how far does this translate here.

I question the Patriots dynasty and I want to see what they knew in advance, and then see others provide exapmples of how the Patriots were using this info over those years.

:bf1: 100% agree. I buy the NFL product, and assume it's a legitimate product. How much time and money have I spent on the NFL... we as fans deserve a better explanation.