X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Hurricanes' Brind'Amour likely done for season with torn knee ligament

Carolina Hurricanes captain Rod Brind'Amour likely will miss the rest of the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a collision early in Thursday night's 4-2 victory against Pittsburgh.

General manager Jim Rutherford said Brind'Amour will undergo reconstructive surgery and will miss four to six months. The Carolina captain, who entered with a team-leading 51 points, was sandwiched by the Penguins' Nathan Smith and Georges Laraque near the boards at the center line just 1½ minutes into the game.

He fell to the ice, skated to the bench and then grimaced as he was taken into the dressing room. He did not return.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hurricanes' Brind'Amour likely done for season with torn knee ligament

If you consider this, plus the trade that they just did, you can pretty much take Carolina out of the Stanley Cup playoff hunt now.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

That guy was one of the biggest whiners in the playoffs a couple of years ago. I lost all respect for him.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Agreed Mikey!
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

I wouldn't count them out in that ****ty division...

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            I wouldn't count them out in that ****ty division...
            Word.

Whoever gets the 6th seed gets a pass to the 2nd round.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
            X